The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford

Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford Empty Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 18:27

Manchester United are rumoured to be lining up a cheeky move for Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios. Sir Alex Ferguson is looking for a defensive midfielder after seeing Owen Hargreaves spending far more time on the treatment table than he ever does on the field of play and is therefore hoping to lure the battler to Old Trafford.
    Harry Redknapp is sure to fight off any interest in the former Wigan man but the 26 year old Honduran may well be tempted by such a move. Palacios had an excellent season at White Hart Lane last term where his performances were a big part of the north London club’s top four finish.
    Valued at around £16m, Sir Alex Ferguson may well be willing to offer an even larger sum as he looks to beef up his midfield options and a bid may be on the table in January or depending on the fitness of Hargreaves or the kind of form the likes of Anderson and Michael Carrick are displaying.

http://www.caughtoffside.com
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford Empty Re: Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 16 2010, 22:11

I am tempted to say we should never do business with Old red nose again but if this is true 16mill with Sandro now at Spurs might be a good deal.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford Empty Re: Manchester United Look to Lure £16m Rated Tottenham Midfielder to Old Trafford

Post by totalytot Fri Sep 17 2010, 00:19

I'm with you on this one Baz. I think 16m is a great deal for somebody who's form has dipped badly, although I have never rated him as a great player he served his purpose middle of last season, but we need more than he can offer now.

The only point......and this should apply to all transfers in the future....we should not sell to our main rivals. Utd never do it and City have said they will never do it but we know that Levy likes a good deal that can bring money in so it would not surprise me if it happens.

I'm more concerned in January that offers from City or Utd come in for Bale and Modric and levy finds it hard to resist. I'f they do and Levy does then I can see Harry walking and who could blame him.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Sep 17 2010, 00:26

totalytot wrote:
    I'm with you on this one Baz. I think 16m is a great deal for somebody who's form has dipped badly, although I have never rated him as a great player he served his purpose middle of last season, but we need more than he can offer now.

The only point......and this should apply to all transfers in the future....we should not sell to our main rivals. Utd never do it and City have said they will never do it but we know that Levy likes a good deal that can bring money in so it would not surprise me if it happens.

I'm more concerned in January that offers from City or Utd come in for Bale and Modric and levy finds it hard to resist. I'f they do and Levy does then I can see Harry walking and who could blame him.

Mikey M

Mikey, John Toshack let slip that we had a big offer for Bale in the summer and we knocked it back, after getting us to the holy grail which is the Champs League, we need to keep hold of our best players and harry will fight tooth and nail for that.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 01:33

Read today that Real Madrid maybe making January offers for both Bale & Lennon . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Sep 17 2010, 05:18

I read that to Vis. The problem with that is when clubs like Real and Barca come a calling players find it hard to resist probably even more so than going to Utd.

Still January is along way off and it's really up to the team to be in contention for honours or we could lose half the team.

It's really up to Levy and Harry to promise they will hold on to this team and build for the future. If they don't then they can kiss goodbye to a new stadium because they wont fill it and CL will be a thing of the past etc. etc.

Surely even Levy must realise that bringing in 70-80 million for your star players is only going to satisfy shareholders not the paying customers, the fans.

I have always been worried that At the end of the day Levy will not do whats right for the fans but whats right for the bank balance. If certain top players were to leave I think it would be worse for him than Sugar got.

But I'm running away with my self here. It hasn't happened yet and it might not. As he's over here lets have a word with the Pope to have a word with Levy." Two Tribes Go To War"

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 05:44

Love the two tribes quote Mikey lol. I don't think Levy would sell any of the, to use a term, "superstars of the team" but I also believe that clubs, managers and agents use the press to fuel rumours and test the water on some move's (I'm sure even our own lil innocent 'arry has indulged in this) and see if anything is feasable. But as you state Mikey if a club such as Real turn a players head it can be very difficult to hold onto them. If a silly offer, say, £50M+ was to come in the situation would doubtless be "hmmm money to strengthen the squad and money in the bank as well". But is Levy, astute business man he is, that short-sighted ? I'd like to think not but the modern day game is driven by finance rather than loyalty to the fans. Again tho' I do believe that all the players, management & board realise we are on the cusp of someting exciting at Spurs and will want to be part of it. Hence players of the calibre of VDV joining . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 16:15