The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo

Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo Empty Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 22:42

Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has revealed that the club have approached Tottenham over potentially signing striker Peter Crouch and defensive midfielder Wilson Palacios.

The club have been heavily linked with a number of players in the transfer window and have already convinced former Spurs defender Jonathan Woodgate to make the move to the Britannia Stadium.

Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips is also on the clubs hit list, while Matthew Upson was confirmed as a Stoke player yesterday, but it is the Tottenham pair that Stoke are desperate to sign before the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Talksport is reporting that Coates's confirmed to Radio Stoke that an offer has been made for both players but did not indicate how much the club were prepared to pay for the pair.

Tottenham want at least £20million for the pair as the club attempt to raise enough funds to go after long-term target Fernando Llorente who would cost in the region of £27m.

With David Bentley and Robbie Keane both being linked with moves to Blackburn Rovers it could be a busy few days for manager Harry Redknapp as he attempts to get his squad in shape for a push on a top four finish.

Stoke may struggle to meet Tottenham's valuation, while the players wage demands could also prove to be a stumbling block. However, both players know that if they stay with Spurs they will not be an automatic first choice.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk

Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo Empty Re: Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 22:52

come on sell sell sell lol

prob the right time for wp to move on though,

Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo Empty Re: Stoke Make Official Bid for Tottenham's £20m-Rated Duo

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 02:05

don't get too excited Lought,
    Stoke chairman, Peter Coates, told BBC Radio Stoke: “We’ve made our last bid, the ball is in their court. We shall not be negotiating from where we are.”

I think Harry wants to keep the bean pole.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 02:17

of course he does hes harry love child................ hes brought him every club hes been at,

and we want this man in charge of england lol
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 11 2011, 07:50

It's what I said yesterday we ask to much for players and in the end can't move them on and then don't offer enough for the players we want.
    Now I don't know the figures involved but if it's the 20mil that's been suggested then they should bite Stokes hand off.
    Crouch is 30 and is not getting any better so if the offer for him is 8 or 9 mil then we should take it.

Levy seems to want to get the money back he paid for certain players. Very admirable but not realistic considering their form and age.

What will probably happen is nobody will go and we can't buy because not only do we not have any money to spend but we have to many players on our books. So they go out on loan for another year and they are another year older and nobody wants them and they go either on a free or peanuts.

It's a no brainer take the money Danny boy and lets start moving.

Mikey M
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Aug 11 2011, 07:51

Lought!!! Crouchie can and is a useful asset to any club including us if used correctly. Sure i dont think he should start as i dispise the way we play when he starts, but coming off the bench in the 2nd half i think he can do a real job when were looking to hold on to a lead...

I know you will come back at me with Pav holds the ball up better but mate.... he is seriously starting to do my head in, at times he just looks disintrested, i watched him last week and he was a disgrace just moping about you would think he would want to play for his place like Crouch did when he came on (granted he did do his best to miss his goal lol! ) always wanting the ball and really having a go.... Personally id keep him as i really do think he can be of use to us!!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 11 2011, 09:44

totalytot wrote:

It's what I said yesterday we ask to much for players and in the end can't move them on and then don't offer enough for the players we want.
    Now I don't know the figures involved but if it's the 20mil that's been suggested then they should bite Stokes hand off.
    Crouch is 30 and is not getting any better so if the offer for him is 8 or 9 mil then we should take it.

Levy seems to want to get the money back he paid for certain players. Very admirable but not realistic considering their form and age.

What will probably happen is nobody will go and we can't buy because not only do we not have any money to spend but we have to many players on our books. So they go out on loan for another year and they are another year older and nobody wants them and they go either on a free or peanuts.

It's a no brainer take the money Danny boy and lets start moving.

Mikey M

I don't think they've offered 20 mill Mikey as that is, allegedly, the price that Spurs have put on the pair. It's probably going to be more in the region of 15 million.

And I think we should snap their hand off at this too.

I believe the delay has to do with Wilson and Diarra. DL, quite rightly so, I waiting on the completion of the Diarra deal before releasing Palacios. If Diarra falls through then Wilson stays, otherwisw we weaken ourselves. Crouch, IMO, is a makeweight in the deal. Stoke will take him as he could be useful to them, but if they don't get Wilson I don't think they'll take Crouch TBH.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 10:41

but pav never had 6 or 7 games on thr trot. and i think we play better at home when pav starts.

you dont notice hes movement when he goes wide and takes the defender with him.

now the one thing crouch is really good at as you say is when we are protection a lead and he drops back and helps out at croseses.

but i would rather see a young kane or gio brought on to change a game if we or losing
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 11 2011, 16:49

I've said previously that Pav would be the last I'd let go, but I'm starting to second guess myself on that.
    It's a difficult situation because you can't really compare him and Crouch, simply because they are utilised differently. In our last game against Bilbao, Pav was put up front by himself and asked to play the lone front man. The trouble was the midfield then played too deep to link up play with him so he was left isolated and easier to defend against.

Having said that, he didn't do himself any favours either ............ He has the touch of a rapist! I lost count of the amount of times the ball was played into him and just bounced off of him. Can't blame this one on coaching as I've coached 8 year olds to cushion a ball. This guy cost 14 million and is paid thousands per week yet he can't cushion a ball?

How often have we seen Crouch criticised for that failing?

However, he hasn't been utilised in the same way that Crouch has so comparisons are unfair really. I often see the 'Crouch offers something different' excuse put up here, there and everywhere. And he does offer something different .......... The abandonment of anything resembling Football in favour of the 'lump it up to Crouchy and fingers crossed chaps' approach.
    Nothing against Crouch as I admire his work ethic, and this approach isn't his fault, but if he's not there it won't happen will it?

What does Pav offer that Crouch can't? More goals for a start. I don't know what he offers assist wise but I don't believe it's much. I'm not convinced his movement is any better than Crouch's either but then I've never analysed the two in that respect so I'm not qualified to answer that. I doubt anyone else is either, despite their protestations to the contrary.
    The simple fact of the matter though, is that Crouch offers assists with few goals whilst Pav offers more goals with, possibly, fewer assists. As our midfield has been documented as providing in excess of 200 goalscoring opportunities last season, I'd say that a striker providing more assists than goals is surplus to requirements. A striker that puts assists away is far more necessary. In this, Pav edges Crouch ............. Just.

However, another poster on another board put Pav into context for me with the following statement, 'Pavlyuchenko is a scorer of great goals but he is not a great goal scorer.'

Large hammer, big nail, firmly on head.

A great goal scorer is what we need and they are not that easy to come by in all honesty, not cheap at any rate. I've seen Harry Kane mentioned on here as well. Let's be serious here chaps, he's scoring for fun in Youth Football and got a hat trick against a Brum XI in a friendly. Enough for a bench place? For a shout in a Cup run? Or does he need to be blooded in the same way that Walker, Caulker, Parrett et al have been, prove that he can do it in the lower leagues in order to make the step up?

For me it's the latter. We've had other strikers, at Youth level, who have similar scoring records and disappeared off the radar because they couldn't cut it at a higher level. Let's not put him under more pressure of expectation than he needs there, I don't think he's the answer just yet.

I still have a good feeling about this window. It may be blind optimism and a refusal to believe that we have no options lined up, but it's still there.

Gotta say it is being tested to the limit though. Should we just get the one striker in then it will remain to be seen just who will partner him best, if anyone does. Further to this, I question whether Pav is going to be the best option we have for goals, quantity of goals that is. I want them all replaced in the end, but now I'm kind of leaning towards Defoe being the retained striker. His movement is not really any worse than Pav, his control is certainly, IMO, better and he also can score good goals. He's also the only striker we have, apart from Keane, who can point at a 20+ season on his resume. The final verdict from me is that he has looked far more interested, and sharper, than Pav.

Everyone will have their own assessment here and there will be those who think the exact opposite to me. Ultimately it will depend on offers and current form.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Aug 11 2011, 19:23

MAXIMUS wrote:Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has revealed that the club have approached Tottenham over potentially signing striker Peter Crouch and defensive midfielder Wilson Palacios.

The club have been heavily linked with a number of players in the transfer window and have already convinced former Spurs defender Jonathan Woodgate to make the move to the Britannia Stadium.

Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips is also on the clubs hit list, while Matthew Upson was confirmed as a Stoke player yesterday, but it is the Tottenham pair that Stoke are desperate to sign before the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Talksport is reporting that Coates's confirmed to Radio Stoke that an offer has been made for both players but did not indicate how much the club were prepared to pay for the pair.

Tottenham want at least £20million for the pair as the club attempt to raise enough funds to go after long-term target Fernando Llorente who would cost in the region of £27m.

With David Bentley and Robbie Keane both being linked with moves to Blackburn Rovers it could be a busy few days for manager Harry Redknapp as he attempts to get his squad in shape for a push on a top four finish.

Stoke may struggle to meet Tottenham's valuation, while the players wage demands could also prove to be a stumbling block. However, both players know that if they stay with Spurs they will not be an automatic first choice.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk

All very interesing,
    NOW, assuming thats not your daughter on you avitar, if it's all the same to you, I'm going to have another look. lol

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 03:37

everything good apart from the boobs. they way to big lol

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 03:40

defoe always looks good in pre season and has loads of chances in games last season. that being said i dont mind him stayin.

as for the person who said pav scores great goals but not good goals that can be said of defoe,

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 04:14

TOO BIG ? stupid

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:20

Too big LOL ? Thats like saying Defoe has thousands of chances & Pavy is anorexically starved of opportuinity . . .. . . . .. ..

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:48

some boobies are to big, take jordans they are too big.

beyonce are nice. sharon stone in total recal.
    natalie portman they all got nice size, not 2 much LOL

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:56

Lought you dirty boy, get back on thread lol . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 09:36

did you mean bed or thread lol i thought maybe a typo mistake there

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 14:45