The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manager Lought ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manager Lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manager Lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manager Lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manager Lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manager Lought ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manager Lought ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manager Lought ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manager Lought ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manager Lought ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
totalytot
HotspurRoper
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Manager Lought !

Manager Lought ! Empty Manager Lought !

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:43

Come on then lought, give us the team you would put out against twente, bearing in mind injuries, and name your subs and how you would use them ?

Manager Lought ! Empty Re: Manager Lought !

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:53

our reserve team on paper or better then wigan west ham bolton west brom.

cudichin bentley pav gio keane basson hutton jenas these players or decent players.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:55

cudichini
    hutton corluka bassong ekotto
    vdv hudd modric bale
    pav keane

sub palokis naughton wp jenas crouch gio bengley

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 01:56

im assumin king and galas out but i bet king playin and harry just talkin crap about king so people dont blame him for not playin him aganst the spammers

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:29

Seems the likely team lought ! and no king is out again , read it in a few sources.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 28 2010, 07:56

Lought, is Lennon injured or are you just saving him for the Villa game ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 08:00

Dropped arnie ! not even on the bench, lought gonna swap him for adel at qpr ! lol!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 12:26

why do you keep bringin adel into this. the guy is class but we let him go and watch him make it.

lennon not lookin to good. infact hes lookin awfull since before hes injury. anderton was better then lennon.

and i would have lennon on the bench and bring him on later in the game

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 16:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:why do you keep bringin adel into this. the guy is class but we let him go and watch him make it.

lennon not lookin to good. infact hes lookin awfull since before hes injury. anderton was better then lennon.

and i would have lennon on the bench and bring him on later in the game

It was a joke you great big girls blouse ! sheeeeesh ! lol!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Sep 28 2010, 17:10

I agree Lought, Lennon has looked pretty awful of late ( sinse the world cup id say ) id maybe give Bentley a run out on his prefered right side. Play VDV behind Pav up front but you just know he will play Crouch. Thudd and Modric in the centre with Bale wide left. At the back go with BAE, and Hutton full backs and it looks like were being forced to go with Corluka and Bassong as our centre halfs as Gallas has now struck injury. COYS LETS HAVE PERFORMANCE WE CAN BE PROUD OF, LIKE THOSE GLORY GLORY EUROPEAN NIGHTS OF YESTERYEAR!!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Sep 28 2010, 17:18

Lew you're winding him up again and I think you should drop it ,Don't you.

Lought is Lought, if you don't agree with him just don't answer him.

Remember how annoyed you get at times when some don't agree with what you have to say.

All's fair in love, war and Spurs.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:15

totalytot wrote:

Remember how annoyed you get at times when some don't agree with what you have to say.

Mikey M

lol! Yeah ! true mikey............but heres another little gem that lennon isnt looking good ? wow what a statement.

Heres the facts mike, look at where our attacks are coming from ! down the left via bale, now i rate gareth big time but the truth is that since he came on the scene lennon isnt getting the service he used to, we have swung from one extreme to another, no left side creativity at all, but loads from the right where lennon operates, then bale shows what a talent he is and all of a sudden its all coming from the left when in reality play should be switched to both sides putting both opposing full backs under pressure throughout the match.........lennon simply isnt getting the service ! in fact he is tracking back looking for the fcking ball which isnt his game, then a little knock of confidence from the world cup and all of a sudden lennon only has speed in his armoury ! lol! what another fcking statement.

To keep knocking certain players when other players are to blame (lack of getting the ball to lennon) is crap, feed lennon and he will do his stuff on the right, in fact it makes sense to give poor gareth a breather now and again....if you want my true opinion.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:29

Loughtonlegend wrote: cudichini
    hutton corluka bassong ekotto
    vdv hudd modric bale
    pav keane

sub palokis naughton wp jenas crouch gio bengley

Yea like that , bout time crouch was rested for someone else to have a crack
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:33

lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M
    it makes sense to give poor gareth a breather now and again....if you want my true opinion.

are you serious lew ? all these years we went with no decent left winger since Ginola and your saying give him a rest lol!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:42

During a game lobo ! not saying drop bale at all.....in fact if he was ever dropped i would start knocking harry, but feed lennon with the ball and he will do his stuff as he has in the past, alternate play to both wings, dont allow opposing teams to stick two men on bale because fck all is coming from the right, make both opposing full backs defend against both of them during a match.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:46

bale played left back on saturday. he didnt push forward much. but again lennon went into hiding what was hes excuess aganst the scume cos bale didnt play so he wasnt hoggin the wing.

to me lennon looks scared of gettin hurt. he seems to lay the ball of early rather then run at hes man.
    he needs to come on as a sub in a game we are winning so he can get space and get hes mojo back

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:56

So speaketh the lord ! here endeth the first lesson.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Sep 29 2010, 04:15

lennon has been crap for a while now and i dont think england helped him out much, he sees the same amount of ball as bale does, lennons problems are hes hanging around with the likes of rooney,terry, etc and has forgotten the basics in whats needed to be a top footballer, he smokes like a train and is always on the P*ss, lennons problems are upstairs not in his feet.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 05:10

YID FROM DAV wrote:lennon has been crap for a while now and i dont think england helped him out much, he sees the same amount of ball as bale does, lennons problems are hes hanging around with the likes of rooney,terry, etc and has forgotten the basics in whats needed to be a top footballer, he smokes like a train and is always on the P*ss, lennons problems are upstairs not in his feet.

So you know him personally do you ? he smokes like a train (last steam train was scrapped in 1968) and is always on the P*ss ! next you will be telling us the colour of his toilet paper. lol!

Lennons hangs around rooney and terry ? yeah right ! when he plays for england, that much of your statement bares witness.

He sees as much of the ball as bale ! well the games i have seen this season all spurs attacks come down the left via bale, i watch and have seen that much for myself, radio 5 commentators say it all comes through bale and he usually has 2 markers on him, how many times have i heard that lennon is in space on the right but it gets passed to bale.

Yeah bale is on fire but surely its better to alternate play through both wingers.?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 29 2010, 05:38

Personally I think Lennon has gone off the boil. He used to run at players and take them on but just recently he seems to want to cut inside. He needs to get back to what he does best. Attack the left or right back using his speed. As for his smoking and P*ss ups I thought that was fairly common knowledge Lew. Wasn't there something in the red tops about it. No smoke without fire as they say.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 08:32

His Bog roll is Lillywhite!!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Sep 29 2010, 09:47

Right if it's true about all the defencive absentee's & Gomes being back i'd go for,,,,,,,,

Gomes
    Corluka Huddlestone Bassong Assou-Ekotto
    Sandro Palacios
    VD Vaart Modric Bale
    Pavlyuchenko

Sub's, Cudicini Hutton Jenas Lennon
    Dos Santos Keane Crouch

I'd prefer Huddlestone as a CB than Corluka just on sheer ability. Then i'd add the protection of Sandro & Palacios for the back 4, leaving the front four to cause havoc up front with skill, pace & trickery.

As for the Lennon debate i'm sticking to my being made the scapegoat for England's first two games in WC by being the only one dropped playing with his head, theory. It's definitely mental with that boy.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 17:29

BazSpur wrote:Personally I think Lennon has gone off the boil. He used to run at players and take them on but just recently he seems to want to cut inside. He needs to get back to what he does best. Attack the left or right back using his speed. As for his smoking and P*ss ups I thought that was fairly common knowledge Lew. Wasn't there something in the red tops about it. No smoke without fire as they say.

I saw one one mention and one snap of him with a cigar in his mouth ! all of a sudden he smokes like a train and is on the P*ss.

If you believed the papers baz, we would have signed over a hundred different players over the last year.

Jim and a few others believe its all in his head ! i will go along with that but also the fact that he doesnt get the service since bale has been on fire on the left.

But, dont believe me, make a special point of watching lennon and bale in the next game they play totgether, and see who recieves the ball more during a game.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Sep 29 2010, 18:00

so u are saying that lennons drop of form is due to us giving the ball to bale more, and u get all this information off live 5 on a saturday afternoon.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 18:09

Redknapp has warned that Lennon must develop his game and used the example of the intelligence of some of his Tottenham team-mates.

Redknapp told The Sun, "Aaron's not playing like he did last year, that's for sure.

"Before he got the injury he was absolutely flying.

"He has to learn to come off the line, pop up in little holes like Luka Modric does or like Rafael Van der Vaart can do and maybe add that to his game. He doesn't always have to stay wide.

"One game can turn it for him but he needs a bit of confidence."

"We have to work with him and get him going again. That's what we get paid to do as coaches, to work with him, to find the key to getting him on the ball more.

"When someone has that talent you have to find a way to work with him, get his confidence back and get him playing well."

Redknapp also said that he is confident that under his guidance, Lennon’s game can develop just like it did with fellow Tottenham star Gareth Bale .

Redknapp continued, "We worked hard with Gareth on his game and look at him now. Too many times, people sign players and say: 'He can't do this and he can't do that'.

"Well, clever coaches will get the best out of them and improve them. If something's not happening, help them with their problem. You can't just write them off."

http://www.imscouting.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:03