The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  Empty UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:22

It could be we will be without Hudd for the Inter Milan games Crying or Very sad
    click the link:
    Tottenham hope Tom Huddlestone avoids ban as Uefa reviews footage | Football | guardian.co.uk

Whats up with him ? Wasnt so long ago he wouldnt say boo to a goose , now I wouldnt advise anyone knicking a chip off his dinner plate!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow  Empty Re: UEFA looking at Hudd's elbow

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:34

ArnieArdiles wrote:It could be we will be without Hudd for the Inter Milan games Crying or Very sad
    click the link:
    Tottenham hope Tom Huddlestone avoids ban as Uefa reviews footage | Football | guardian.co.uk

Whats up with him ? Wasnt so long ago he wouldnt say boo to a goose , now I wouldnt advise anyone knicking a chip off his dinner plate!

I only managed to see the SBS highlights of the game as I've been working up in Mackay Arnie so 'Ah deed nert see za ernsadernt' (pardon me whilst I retrieve some fresh Lemons)

Did he get booked for it? My understanding is that if he has been punished with a Yellow then it can't be upgraded.

Can you let me know if a precedent has been set here as well? Has anyone else been banned for this following a review board?

I'm going to dust off the old conthpiwathay folder again too here. We've just whacked the Dutch champs 4-1, scoring 2 with only 10 men too ..................

Do you think UEFA are worried about the CL new boys giving the holders a new orifice (figuratively speaking of course) so they're stacking the deck against us?

It's at about this time that the goons would start frothing at the mouth, and climbing out of the water to bite before you've even got the line in! lol!

<Sigh> I do miss them at times.
    lmao lol! lmao
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:36

i know this is negative but i would play understrength in milan, we should really go at bremen at home and twente away, we win those games we qualify. as for huddlestone i think he was lucky the other night and if he was banned we have no arguement.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 02:39

Redknapp revealed he had watched footage of the first-half challenge and acknowledged Huddlestone had made contact with his elbow but cast doubt on whether there was any intent. "I have looked at it. I'd be a liar if I sat here and said I hadn't it, wouldn't I? I know some managers do that," he said. "It's not like Tom, he's not at all an aggressive player, he's a fantastic footballer and a great guy.

Just read the Guardian article and copy & pasted the above from it.

What a cracking shot from Harry, aimed at you know who.

Rep point for Harry.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 02 2010, 03:07

A Goon got banned for cheating , diving if I remember and the UEFA panel gave him a two match ban ...

Hudd didnt get a booking in fact he was fouled and got the free-kick .....

It's a bit of a downer that he could miss the Inter games as is VDV's suspension for the San Siro visit ...

Agree with you YID, Hudd was lucky he didnt get a red and Im now expecting the worse ..but I disagree we should give up the Inter games .......I believe we can beat them and I want to beat the Champs of Europe ....... I also had visions of Robbie Keane doing he's goal celebration infront of Rafa in the Inter dug out .. cyclops
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sat Oct 02 2010, 03:21

i dont think an elbow can be really classed as cheating can it but i think a panel watching it will punish him.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 02 2010, 04:35

Arry has got to plat Keane for the Inter games as Robbie will be well fired up for them.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 06:05

All depends if it's in the Ref's report. In slow motion it looked bad, in real time it looked liked a tussle for the ball. We shall see if the 'powers that be' feel threatened by us or not. If they revue it's a ban, if they don't it's just football . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 06:53

its typical being spurs we get punnised. rooney gets away with murder. and what about gerrard elbow last week.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 06:57

Nothing's been decided yet Lought, let's wait and see what the Ref (same guy who gave US 3 pen's) has to say . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 08:59

ionman34 wrote:Redknapp revealed he had watched footage of the first-half challenge and acknowledged Huddlestone had made contact with his elbow but cast doubt on whether there was any intent. "I have looked at it. I'd be a liar if I sat here and said I hadn't it, wouldn't I? I know some managers do that," he said. "It's not like Tom, he's not at all an aggressive player, he's a fantastic footballer and a great guy.

Just read the Guardian article and copy & pasted the above from it.

What a cracking shot from Harry, aimed at you know who.

Rep point for Harry.

You cant give him a rep ion ! he didnt complete the trio of harry sayings, yes he did say fantastic but he missed out trifik and smashing
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 09:26

ArnieArdiles wrote:It could be we will be without Hudd for the Inter Milan games Crying or Very sad
    click the link:

You have to laugh at uefa , they are totally against goal line technology or video replay , yet they will look at a video replay of Hudds elbow incident and make a ruling ??

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 17:03

LOBO wrote:
    click the link:

You have to laugh at uefa , they are totally against goal line technology or video replay , yet they will look at a video replay of Hudds elbow incident and make a ruling ??

Have i missed something here lob ? i know uefa are against goal line technology but have they stated why ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 19:54

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    click the link:

Have i missed something here lob ? i know uefa are against goal line technology but have they stated why ?

Yea something to do with it would ruin the game, but its funny how game results can sometimes be wrong like the andy caroll save at Manu that year when the ball was way over the line we should have got 3 points and that year we missed out on the CL 4th by one point , so why didnt they look at that and award a win to us, they wont , yet they will use video replay to punish a player, dont make sense to me

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 20:03

Sounds about right ! yeah mendes goal was a winner that night, but we still get hit with stats that we havent won at old trafford for x-amount of years.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 02 2010, 20:08

lewspurs wrote:

Sounds about right ! yeah mendes goal was a winner that night, but we still get hit with stats that we havent won at old trafford for x-amount of years.

this my point, if UEFA can sit down after a match and study an incident by video replay and make a ruling , then how can they say then video technology or replay is wrong , i think its a little odd

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 20:12

It will come in lob ! its just a matter of time because it is so controversial, they did it with tennis because of bad umpire decisions so it has to come in for football sooner or later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:15