The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
VDV OR COLE ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
VDV OR COLE ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
VDV OR COLE ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

VDV OR COLE ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

VDV OR COLE ?

VDV OR COLE ? Empty VDV OR COLE ?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04 2010, 23:56

Going back to the debate on here in the summer when there were fors and against getting in cole, we have to ask the question really " did it all turn out for the best" ?

Who would you want now ? cole who hasnt done much at liverpool or van der vaart ! who is a revelation at spurs after a short settling in period.

You have to say that maybe harry signing cole would have involved less changing to the usual midfield shape but what the fck ! van is doing his stuff, inspiring such players as crouch, and as i said yesterday defoe will benefit from playing alongside the dutchman.

No contest in my view, it all happened for the best imho. Very Happy well done dan the man for signing van the man. Wink
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

VDV OR COLE ? Empty Re: VDV OR COLE ?

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 05 2010, 00:18

im greedy i would have liked both,cole was stupid leaving london

this season is going to be along one
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 05 2010, 00:55

Van Der Vaart,,, Class Act! Vs Joe Cole,,, Decent player past his best?
    DOH,,,,, It's a close one actually, well it is if your definition of close is some thing that's miles & miles apart lol.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:16

Thats what i said young jim.no contest! cheers

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:22

YID FROM DAV wrote:im greedy i would have liked both,cole was stupid leaving london

According to reports (which seem to have been correct) we only had £9 mill for new players, most of that was spent on vdv ! not sure what sort of signing on fee cole would have wanted, but his wages were too much for us because he was already on £100,000 per week at chelsea and he wasnt happy with that .

So i dont think we could afford to have him come in as well as vdv......!

this season is going to be along one
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:25

[quote="YID FROM DAV"]im greedy i would have liked both,cole was stupid leaving london

Can i just ask who you'd replace with Cole. I can't see a single player at Spurs that he's better than in that position. In my humble opinion that's why he went to Liverpool the fact he's get more chance of regular first team footy there.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:28

Only had 9 million, yet we spent 14,,, lol.

VD Vaart 8
    Sandro 6
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:11

[quote="SuneJim"]
    YID FROM DAV wrote:im greedy i would have liked both,cole was stupid leaving london

Can i just ask who you'd replace with Cole. I can't see a single player at Spurs that he's better than in that position. In my humble opinion that's why he went to Liverpool the fact he's get more chance of regular first team footy there.
    you dont think cole is a better player than bentley,jenas,krankjar. well i do and thats why he would of been usefull for our squad. vdv is out of the milan game, who would you want as his replacement joe cole or jermaine jenas.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:14

I think Jenas has been quite good since he came back. VDV or Joe Cole? no contest Van the man.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:20

if its a choice then yes it must be vdv.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:27

SuneJim wrote:Only had 9 million, yet we spent 14,,, lol.

VD Vaart 8
    Sandro 6

Jim ! yes we did spend £14 mill but the sandro deal was done long ago and didnt come into this summers budget.

I dont give the media much cred when it comes to getting reports right but this one was bang on, thats all we had and its just about all we spent.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:48

cole not played much in the last 2 years but he had a run of games last season for chelsea and even there suporters said he lost it. hes 32 hes best years are behind him. vdv already done more and is younger.

its a no brainer
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 05 2010, 03:21

[quote="YID FROM DAV"]
    SuneJim wrote:

you dont think cole is a better player than bentley,jenas,krankjar. well i do and thats why he would of been usefull for our squad. vdv is out of the milan game, who would you want as his replacement joe cole or jermaine jenas.

What i mean is J Cole is a wide player or can drop in behind a Striker & he's at the wrong end of his career. Van Der Vaart is the man at the moment if we want someone in the hole. But as for out wide i'd have Modric, Lennon, Dos Santos & Kranjcar all in front of him at the moment.

Don't see where JJ comes into the equation as they're completely different players. As for Bentley & O'Hara i'd have him in front of them but that would still leave him well down the pecking order in my opinion.

Plus have you seen how he's been playing for Liverpool, definitely not on his game. How he's back in the England Squad as well i don't know.

But that's what these boards are for debating & having differences of opinions!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 05 2010, 03:25

lewspurs wrote:
    SuneJim wrote:Only had 9 million, yet we spent 14,,, lol.

VD Vaart 8
    Sandro 6

Jim ! yes we did spend £14 mill but the sandro deal was done long ago and didnt come into this summers budget.

I dont give the media much cred when it comes to getting reports right but this one was bang on, thats all we had and its just about all we spent.

Absolutely rubbish Lew i don't know where you got that 9 Million thing from but we'd offered a lot more that that on a couple of players i was told but the wages was always the stumbling block. Look i can't prove that with out getting someone in trouble but i promise you i'm telling the truth.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 06:12

No worries mr jim , you obviously have it from the horses mouth ! lol! as i said , media reports , and i read it a few times said levy had only promised harry £9 mill, the sole signing of vdv seemed to prove those reports correct, as the sandro deal was done and dusted ages before the old season finished.

There were reported harry quips ! that were a bit acerbic relating to " spending daniels money " which also seemed to back the reports.

But jim it sounds like you are better placed to know what the truth was ! oh well ! just when i thought a couple of newspapers had it right. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content