The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
more joe cole EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
more joe cole EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
more joe cole EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
more joe cole EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
more joe cole EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
more joe cole EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
more joe cole EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
more joe cole EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
more joe cole EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

more joe cole Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

more joe cole

more joe cole Empty more joe cole

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:14

the last thread has been lost a little so im starting a new 1 up because i have got loads more to say after reading thru the original post, where do i start, dave u have made it perfectly clear, arsenal cant progress until they break into the top 2 in your opinion, the fact we finished higher and played better than the season before dont count, strange one that but imo thats progression, i could say u aint won the leage in 50 years so untill u do u are going backwards, very fair way of summing things up that, i would prefer to do it on a season by season basis, like most proper fans would, u then go to say why we wont sign joe cole, another strange one that when wenger himself had ameeting with joe just before the world cup, was this to give him some advice or something. or was he trying to have a go at signing him, i will let u decide that one. and now for the rolls royce of comments by lew, how did man city progress more than arsenal last year, when they spent an absolute fortune on a number of players and finsihed 2 places and 8 points behind. please dont say becuase they moved up more position in the table than us, because if thats the case tourquay progressed more than us aswell.

more joe cole Empty Re: more joe cole

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:16

Lol Brilliant have a point sir

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:33

Well using Torquay is quite apt Burgs. They had a season of consilidation in League 2 after promotion, via the play-off, from the Conference. Didn't win anything but remained in the league they where in at the start of the season . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:36

Don't forget Man U are clearly spiralling backwards Burgs, after all, their final position last season was 100% worse than the season before!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:46

Mark2spark wrote:Don't forget Man U are clearly spiralling backwards Burgs, after all, their final position last season was 100% worse than the season before!!

Does that mean we improved 400% then? more joe cole Icon_eek

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:44

burger777 wrote:the last thread has been lost a little so im starting a new 1 up because i have got loads more to say after reading thru the original post, where do i start, dave u have made it perfectly clear, arsenal cant progress until they break into the top 2 in your opinion, the fact we finished higher and played better than the season before dont count, strange one that but imo thats progression, i could say u aint won the leage in 50 years so untill u do u are going backwards, very fair way of summing things up that, i would prefer to do it on a season by season basis, like most proper fans would, u then go to say why we wont sign joe cole, another strange one that when wenger himself had ameeting with joe just before the world cup, was this to give him some advice or something. or was he trying to have a go at signing him, i will let u decide that one. and now for the rolls royce of comments by lew, how did man city progress more than arsenal last year, when they spent an absolute fortune on a number of players and finsihed 2 places and 8 points behind. please dont say becuase they moved up more position in the table than us, because if thats the case tourquay progressed more than us aswell.

Oh dear mr burg ! you have got your knickers in a twist.......lets now go through what was said by many spurs posters on here and lets clarify it once and for all.
    We have given you the credit of being a top 4 club, and of being perennial champs league contenders, ARE YOU WITH ME SO FAR ?........good ! then we question how you have progressed as you claim, OK SO FAR ? right then lets get down to the nitty gritty,WHAT HAVE YOU WON ? WHERE DID YOU FINISH IN THE LEAGUE? HOW FAR DID YOU GET IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE ? ...........IS THAT OK OR ARE YOU MISSING ANYTHING...............?
    Right ! so what is any different from previous years ? have you made any inroads into being on a level par with man utd, ? or with chelsea ? if the answer is no then what the fck are you on about or is this another cop out joke post...........? you havent progressed one little bit ! you are as static as you were way back when wenger wanted a fight with jol.

Now we approach the man city and tottenham progress, well what can i say ? before we get into the torquays and cardiffs lets actually speak of teams that are in the premiership and fighting on those same levels of skills.

Man city spent a fortune and progressed nearly enough to get into the cl while many said it would take a couple of seasons at least, while spurs for the first time in their premiership history have got there at last, so in the grand scheme of things you have stayed where you were, (second best to man utd and chelsea) while we have progressed up the league enough to enter the same competition as yourself......................if thats not progression then i am a farmers handkerchief, and you goons have just stagnated so much that your main play maker wants to leave.

Having said all that burg ! man city will pose a massive threat to all and sundry soon, money talks mate and your lot dont have a pot to P*ss in ( sarah ferguson style )

I can really see you lot going the way of liverpool ! wenger getting the boot and a slump down your usual placing, and thats regression mate...............not progression but i am sure you will turn it into something positive.....in your mind.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:50

Please answer this Lew, if CL was only for the top 3, would you still consider the 4th spot finish you achieved as progression?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:55

Mark2spark wrote:Please answer this Lew, if CL was only for the top 3, would you still consider the 4th spot finish you achieved as progression?

Would you have been in it last season ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:00

lew stick to the qestion mate, u have said man city made more progrees than arsenal last year, i cant see how, they won nothing, they had 2 managers, the new 1 being more clueless than the first 1, they have egoes everywhere and there finished 2 places and 8 pointys behind us, answer that 1 then i will get to the rest.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:04

Mark2spark wrote:Please answer this Lew, if CL was only for the top 3, would you still consider the 4th spot finish you achieved as progression?

Of course i would mark, 7th to 4th is three places better than previous , i cant see how that can be questioned ?
    but if we come 4th next year its ok but not league form progression, however if we got through to the cl semi finals or even the final (go on laugh ) then i would still see that as being an improvement.

Arsenal are a bit like the bridesmaid but never the bride ! you are just one of those teams now that enjoy great league status but when it comes to the crunch wont ever reach those same heights wenger took you to years ago,, but its expected of him even though he doesnt have the spending power of chelsea or international status that gives man utd the chance to sign great players because they have a name of renown.

You have to accept mark that arsenal are third best to man utd and chelsea ! you are as you were and will remain so.......................static !

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:11

burger777 wrote:lew stick to the qestion mate, u have said man city made more progrees than arsenal last year, i cant see how, they won nothing, they had 2 managers, the new 1 being more clueless than the first 1, they have egoes everywhere and there finished 2 places and 8 pointys behind us, answer that 1 then i will get to the rest.

Burg ! open up your eyes mate ! where were they the previous season ? how many points were they behind you then ? and how many points were they behind you this season ? thats not only called progression its called catching you up and quick............how many points did they have in 2008/09 and how many in 2009/10.? then equate the same with the goons ?

Do you now get the point ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:12

no
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:12

lew stick to the qestion mate, u have said man city made more progrees
    than arsenal last year, i cant see how, they won nothing

Neither did you.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:13

we qualified champ league baz, so again how did man city progrees more than us.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:15

Does qualifying for the Champs league count as winning a trophy now then?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:20

no trophy but certainly more progression than a team that aint in it, lol please someone pull the winde up card out, this is killin me.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:23

burger777 wrote:no

Ok lets run this by you again.

Where did man city finish in the league 2008/09 ? without looking at old tables lets say 12 th ?
    Where did man city finish last season 2009/10 ? 5th........7 places better than previous season

Where did a*se finish 2008/09 ?..............3rd
    where did a*se finish 2009/10?.......3rd

So man city progressed more than a*se because the a*se stayed where they did while city gained 7 places up the league their previous campaign.

Problem is burg ! do you really think city are going to stop progressing ? they have their sights set on man utd and chelsea not small fry like yourselves..................3rd place wouldnt be good enough for them soon.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:23

stop it lew.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:28

burger777 wrote:stop it lew.

Christ burg ! i am not saying they are as good as arsenal right now but that they are progressing enough for you lot to start worrying about your league position, thats a fcking large leap from 12th to 5th and with loads of money to spend, while you goons just consolidate in 3rd place and look at players on bosman free,s.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 07:50

im not sure lew, they spent millions last season, went thru 2 managers and there so called big players bottled it when they were probably in the driving seast 8 games out, u fear them, i dont. players like bellamy,kompany,cruz,de jong,swp are good players but with respect dont have me shitting myself, they bought a mumpy centre forward and a decent centre half of us for silly money, they are turning there back on the best youth system in the country and have a manager who aint got a scooby, so as far as progression is concerned i think them,there board,therefans and anyone else who is concerned would class that as failure, i speak to a few that are devastated that they aint qualified champ league as this would of left the door open for some major signings epsecially after the world cup, going forward they may be a force but i will even bet anyone on here we finish higher next season.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 08:07

they have their sights set on man utd and chelsea
    not small fry like yourselves

fcuking quality that Lew
    more joe cole Lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 17:33

burger777 wrote:im not sure lew, they spent millions last season, went thru 2 managers and there so called big players bottled it when they were probably in the driving seast 8 games out, u fear them, i dont. players like bellamy,kompany,cruz,de jong,swp are good players but with respect dont have me shitting myself, they bought a mumpy centre forward and a decent centre half of us for silly money, they are turning there back on the best youth system in the country and have a manager who aint got a scooby, so as far as progression is concerned i think them,there board,therefans and anyone else who is concerned would class that as failure, i speak to a few that are devastated that they aint qualified champ league as this would of left the door open for some major signings epsecially after the world cup, going forward they may be a force but i will even bet anyone on here we finish higher next season.

Well you dont worry about them at your peril burg ? and it doesnt matter what players or manager they had last season, they have a bucket load of money to spend to get things right and what the owner wants is the premiership championship and champions league participation and you can see the intent there by the players they are going for.

If you cant see that burg then i dont know what i can say to convince you, they nearly got in the cl last term, they will buy up enough players to make sure they do it this term, as i said they have progressed enough without having the best players in the world, a lot of those present man city players were signed at the time only because it was an improvement on what they had already, look at the man city team sheet of 2 years back and look at it now, they are not going to stop at what they have to get them where they want to be, so its no good saying they have a crap centre half or centre forward or right back etc etc because if that turns out to be the truth they will just buy in a better one next time.
    I will be highly surprised if they dont succeed in toppling both chelsea and man utd over the next couple of years ! WHY, because money rules this game we love burg.........simple truth.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 18:24

so finacialy they progressed, well done man city someone bought you, apart from that there club are not even close, i said last year that yids were closer to us than them and i was right, i will make that same statemnet for next year. im not disagreeing with you for the sake of it lew, teams like man city are ruining football with there overpriced buys ans jumped up wages, these teams aint only ruining football as a specatacle they are ruining the heart of there own club, man city youth system is the best in the land and will be overlooked now as like u say they wont wait for that kid to develop they will jsut invest heaviley on someone. if this would start happening t arsenal i would stop going and rip my season ticket up, money may be the bee and end all for u lew in football and u may be hanging out for this sugar daddy to come along and take u to the next level, me i prefer my club to stay alive and compete from an internal level, from what we get thru the gate, from what we sell players and merchandise wise, i dont want some oil tycoon to come along and play with us like toy soldier, sorry mate this aint progression as a club imo this sort of thing is killing football and teams like man city, i cant consider this progression,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 18:36

Lew is spot on in his assessment. City will win the Prem at some point in the near future. The amount of money they can chuck at the campaign to win the Prem is staggering and there is nothing the rest of the Prem can do about it. It is highly probable City will be top 4 this season so someone will have to be the make weight for that. Who? Your guess is as good as mine but Liverpool will struggle to get back although I have been told by a Liverpool supporter that they are about to be taken over by a Saudi family related to the City owners and who are just as rich. Apparently they are set to buy out the Yanks within the next five weeks, we'll see.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 18:41

liverpool have been destroyed by yanks baz, do they want the saudis to finish them off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content