The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Leicester grab  Naughton on loan EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Leicester grab  Naughton on loan Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Leicester grab Naughton on loan

Leicester grab  Naughton on loan Empty Leicester grab Naughton on loan

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15 2010, 17:57

Sven-Goran Eriksson has done his first piece of business since becoming Leicester City boss, signing Kyle Naughton on loan from Tottenham.

The 21-year old full-back has joined the Foxes until January after making just one appearance for Spurs so far this season.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Leicester grab  Naughton on loan Empty Re: Leicester grab Naughton on loan

Post by YID FROM DAV Sat Oct 16 2010, 20:11

dont like it, dont care if he gets more football. harry bought him harry should develop him, what do these managers do between 8 and 5 monday to friday.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:40

YID FROM DAV wrote:dont like it, dont care if he gets more football. harry bought him harry should develop him, what do these managers do between 8 and 5 monday to friday.

Well, for one, he's unable to give him competitive football between those times.

Get some perspective here Yid, we're winning, we have players already occupying those positions and playing well in them, and loaning them out gives them the opportunity to keep an 'edge' to their game that constant training won't.

Additionally, constant chopping and changing the team, just for the sake of giving certain players 'a taste' of first team action, will cost us big time

For many seasons we've been pining for continuity in the team. Now we have it and it's reaping benefits. We might not like certain decisions made by the manager but how can we knock them when we are, effectively (points wise anyway) occupying second place?

We're not privy to the training carried out at Spurs Lodge, we don't know how each of the loaned players have performed, we don't know how their development is coming along or if the loan spell is part of the prescribed development strategy.

Harry does though.

He's done a pretty sh*t hot job to date and has probably forgotten more about player development than us lot put together will ever learn.

I say be patient. These players, if they reach their fullest potential, will feature in the near future.

Just as an aside, I have seen some on here stating that 'Man who sucks Lemons' doesn't do it but develops them 'in house'.

I beg to differ. The goons send many out on loan for further development, wasn't Wilshere playing for Bolton last season for example?

Just try to have a little more faith that Harry is a bit more astute than he is being given credit for.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:51

i sort of agree mate but these lads aint far off first team now imo, as it happens i aint sure about naughton, but walker is our best right back imo, livermore is more than usefull as is bostock and rose. i think these guys are better options than o hara,bentley,jenas and even hutton. i think harry should off load his older fringe players to make room for these young signings. we know walker and naughton can do it in the coca cola they played for sheff utd, we need to know whether they can handle the premier. but i do see the other side of it too they are getting good game time and minutes under there belt too.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 17 2010, 20:10

[quote="YID FROM DAV"]i sort of agree mate but these lads aint far off first team now imo,

You may well be right Yid, and I'm sure that if you can see it then Harry can too.

as it happens i aint sure about naughton, but walker is our best right back imo

In all honesty I can't comment here. I haven't seen a lot of Walker, to be truthful I've seen three fifths of fcuk all of his play. I must say that I'm quite happy with Hutton at the mo though, even more so with Kaboul who has really come along in leaps and bounds under Redknapp, so I'm prepared to wait until Harry is happy to let Walker stake a claim when he believes he is ready to take the place and hold it. I'm the same with Naughton too. I never even saw him against the goons but only heard he had a reasonable game.

livermore is more than usefull as is bostock and rose. i think these guys are better options than o hara,bentley,jenas and even hutton.

Again I'll say that we'll have to see. O'Hara, I believe, is one of those useful 'blood & guts' players that I believe every team should have in reserve. He can play a fair bit too, whilst Jenas is enjoying something of a renaissance with Harry. 3 on the bounce where he has looked excellent. More Redknapp influence a la Thudd, Bale and Dawson? Bentley? I'm not too sure that there is that much more to work with in all honesty. He is the weak link for me and should be off-loaded.

Livermore, Bostock and Rose are all in sticky spots though. Look at the quality ahead of all of them. They really do have to be special to stake a serious claim and will have to really graft just to get the opportunity, which is as it should be. It benefits them and benefits us by insrilling a serious work ethic to go with the talent.

i think harry should off load his older fringe players to make room for these young signings. we know walker and naughton can do it in the coca cola they played for sheff utd, we need to know whether they can handle the premier.

I agree to a certain extent, it's the timing for me though. With youngsters like this, what's one more season if it means they come back with that additional bit of savvy, experience and development, both physically and mentally?

but i do see the other side of it too they are getting good game time and minutes under there belt too.

Absolutely. No amount of expert tutelage will have them ready for the rough and tumble of the English league. Look at the goons, even now MWSL's has to whine and bitch about the physical nature of the league in an effort to give his players protection, rough and tumble he has failed to prepare them for adequately.

I honestly believe that both Harry and Danny see a much bigger picture, one where we are not only building to challenge for the title, but one where we are looking to put into place a dynasty that continues to challenge, if not dominate. Domination might be far fetched but why not aim for it? Loan out these players, prepare them for tough, physical Football, then bring them back and integrate them into the team.

And continue the process so that we always have prepared players waiting in the wings to step into the fray and know what to expect.

Sustained glory is what we are hunting, and I think the club are going the right way about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 14:08