The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
And the Spurs go EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
And the Spurs go EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
And the Spurs go EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
And the Spurs go EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
And the Spurs go EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
And the Spurs go EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
And the Spurs go EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
And the Spurs go EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
And the Spurs go EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

And the Spurs go Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
cstmrsking
6 posters

And the Spurs go

And the Spurs go Empty And the Spurs go

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:13

Marching on, on on crest

Thudds goal ? Offside ? Not sure, Gallas looked in-line when Thudd struck the ball but on a poor stream it's hard to tell for sure. But he did not touch the ball or interfere with the 'keepers line of vision even if he was slightly ahead of the line. Top four decision in our favour ? Quite possibly . . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

And the Spurs go Empty Re: And the Spurs go

Post by cstmrsking Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:35

Vis, didnt get to catch the stream,and just in case i mis MOTD. how did we look with the line up that we put out?

Cheers

Kingy
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:37

I didnt see Gallas , to me it was a Goal , no im not arsene wenger lol

a*se 14 points pld 8
    manU 14 points pld 8
    Citeh 14 points pld 7
    Spurs 14 points pld 8

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:41

Only saw 2nd half Kingy. Very poor stream as to boot. Kept the ball well and looked like we played with-in ourselves to a certain extent. My opinion is we deserved the 3 points and where the better team . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 17 2010, 03:52

Listened to it on Radio London. They reckon we deserved it on overall play. They say the goal shouldn't have stood. Swings and roundabouts though. You win some you lose some.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 17 2010, 11:16

We seem to at last be getting a decent rub of the green and long may it continue ... Stoke away now Fulham too and not forgetting our home game in the CL versus Twente when Hudd couldve, shouldve got sent off and three penalties for us too ... Everybody loves the Spurs lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:15

I've seen them disallowed, but I'm sure that if any other team had had it disallowed they'd have felt aggrieved. For me it was a perfectly good goal, yes Gallas was offside but he did not impede Schwartzer's line of sight and, besides, it looked as though the ball struck a defender, which muddies the waters further.

Schwartzer was at full stretch, reacting to the shot in exactly the way he would had Gallas been standing next to Gomez. The press is making more out of this than is really necessary. Perfectly good goal and a lovely strike from the Hudd.

Incidentally, statistics wise, the game was extremely close. Fulham edged us on possession, shots on goal were identical with us haveing slightly more off target. The action areas were greater in the Fulham end but only marginally. We weren't at our best, with Moddle having one of his worst games in a Spurs shirt and Gallas looking rather weak at times, but we took 3 points without really hitting peak.

A very good sign in my opinion, particularly as Craven Cottage hasn't really been a happy hunting ground for us, of late, and knowing that many of the best come unstuck there.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:42

great result, fulham aint no mugs especially at home. i think we edged it and i think if the ref disallowes hudd goal it would of been harsh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 07:44