The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
philip
6 posters

Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch Empty Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch

Post by philip Thu Oct 21 2010, 08:57

I know the boys did well to come back tonight thanks to Bale and the boys, however, I would like to say Crouch was rubbish as far as I am concerned he is not a Tottenham player, I know that he has made assists for VDV etc but tonight he was supposed to lead the line in my opinion he failed abysmally
    He had 3 good chances but could not take them, one word he is a liability
    I am very proud with the boys except Crouch as far as I am concerned he should be off loaded in January

Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch Empty Re: Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 09:02

and yet i dobut harry will come out and will moan about crouch like he does so openly with pav and keane

crouch is a donkey he cant run he cant head and he has no body strength
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch Empty Re: Well Done Boys but no thanks for Crouch

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 21 2010, 19:21

My misses watched the match with me , there was i sat in silince complete and utter silence for the first 45 mins thinking we have no chance second half , and the misses who i must add knows little if anything about football says and i quote " that peter crouch is rubbish he aint as good as he used to be he dont even do the robot anymore " unquote

I have to admit i tend to agree with her he looked poor lastnight
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Oct 21 2010, 19:34

Its about using the squad, Pav will play Saturday, along with VDV and probably Kaboul, who was on the bench last night, that second half will do wonders for our confidence against the toffees.If we can stay in touch in the league and what with Manures troubles, next week may not be so bad, a*se have Man Citeh on Sunday and sometime during December or even sooner we may have Defoe and Daws back.
    Apart from Gomes, we should have a very good squad to pick from when Inter visit the lane and for a team who rarely concedes goals, we took em apart in the second half, so need to go at them.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 21 2010, 21:15

djfitzo wrote:Its about using the squad, Pav will play Saturday, along with VDV and probably Kaboul, who was on the bench last night, that second half will do wonders for our confidence against the toffees.If we can stay in touch in the league and what with Manures troubles, next week may not be so bad, a*se have Man Citeh on Sunday and sometime during December or even sooner we may have Defoe and Daws back

I agree our confidence will be sky high, i mean lets be honest here it was 10 v 11 for 82 mins and the second half we owned them , they looked tired, ok Benitez says they took the fooot of the gas, well we can be accused of doing the same thing in the first half we just sat to deep and gave them to much respect.

the Everton game if we get a win we will go 3 rd level with citeh who play a*se , i think that game will be a draw, but i can seriously see us getting a foot hold in the top four, all the team needs is to start believing themselfs and lastnight was the perfect tonic , but we do seriously need to win against everton
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:40

I don't think we should get to carried away. They completely outplayed us in the first half. Their passing was so superior to ours they always seemed to have so much more space than we did. I know going down to 10 men didn't help but we were all over the place from the start.

Because the 2nd half was so exciting or at least the last 20 mins you look at it in a different way. But if we are honest one man on his own saved our embarassement BALE!!!! Those first 2 goals of his were pure individualism. He took it from his own half and went all the way. The third had a great pass from Lennon but our revival was not a team effort but down to one man. With the exception of Bale, Jenas ....who I thought had a very good game going forward one of his best for a long time.....and Lennon at times, the rest were sh*t.

If they play like that at the Lane and Bale doesn't get those runs going.....and they will be marking him very tight in the return....we could be in trouble again.

It reminded me of the "Ossie" days, 4-3 exciting to watch but no points.
    They are a great technical side and they will have learnt from that the same as I hope we have.

A great exciting game and after you felt so pumped up you wanted it to go on. But one man and one man only did it OUR BOY BALE. Other than the other 2 I mentioned the rest looked 2nd class.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Oct 21 2010, 22:52

totalytot wrote:

I don't think we should get to carried away. They completely outplayed us in the first half. Their passing was so superior to ours they always seemed to have so much more space than we did. I know going down to 10 men didn't help but we were all over the place from the start.

Because the 2nd half was so exciting or at least the last 20 mins you look at it in a different way. But if we are honest one man on his own saved our embarassement BALE!!!! Those first 2 goals of his were pure individualism. He took it from his own half and went all the way. The third had a great pass from Lennon but our revival was not a team effort but down to one man. With the exception of Bale, Jenas ....who I thought had a very good game going forward one of his best for a long time.....and Lennon at times, the rest were sh*t.

If they play like that at the Lane and Bale doesn't get those runs going.....and they will be marking him very tight in the return....we could be in trouble

It reminded me of the "Ossie" days, 4-3 exciting to watch but no points.
    They are a great technical side and they will have learnt from that the same as I hope we have.

A great exciting game and after you felt so pumped up you wanted it to go on. But one man and one man only did it OUR BOY BALE. Other than the other 2 I mentioned the rest looked 2nd class.

Mikey M

I get ya Mikey, but Arsenal aint the same without Fabregas, all teams have a special player and last night Bale was ours. Its a shame we didnt get past 10 minutes with 11 men to really see how we would fare against the best teams. They have had the same goalie and back 4 for ages, can you imagine if we were able to field the same with our midfield and attack when we get all our players back.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 22 2010, 01:00

Spot on Dave. We keep forgetting we basically have players injured which makes all the difference to the way we play. VDV will be back for the second leg. So they may well be watching Bale but will they be watching VDV?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 03:46

philip wrote:I know the boys did well to come back tonight thanks to Bale and the boys, however, I would like to say Crouch was rubbish as far as I am concerned he is not a Tottenham player, I know that he has made assists for VDV etc but tonight he was supposed to lead the line in my opinion he failed abysmally
    He had 3 good chances but could not take them, one word he is a liability
    I am very proud with the boys except Crouch as far as I am concerned he should be off loaded in January

errrrrrrrrrrrrr ! crouch was a tottenham defender last night was he ? what about bassong/ what about hutton?

Shouldnt they be offloaded in jan as well?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 22 2010, 03:52

I liked Mikey's post ..... Bale's goals musnt mask the fact that yet again we were slow out of the blocks and a game was lost within 15 minutes.... Point taken we were missing regulars but injuries and suspensions are part and parcel of the game ... Having a settled central defence is also a priority and I'm sorry to say , at a high level I dont feel that Hutton is up to it defensively and neither is Crouch as a striker , especialy a lone one at that...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 03:59

ArnieArdiles wrote: I liked Mikey's post ..... Bale's goals musnt mask the fact that yet again we were slow out of the blocks and a game was lost within 15 minutes.... Point taken we were missing regulars but injuries and suspensions are part and parcel of the game ... Having a settled central defence is also a priority and I'm sorry to say , at a high level I dont feel that Hutton is up to it defensively and neither is Crouch as a striker , especialy a lone one at that...

Have to agree arnie that mikeys post is spot on and that crouch isnt a lone striker type.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:32

[quote="lewspurs"]

errrrrrrrrrrrrr ! crouch was a tottenham defender last night was he ? what about bassong/ what about hutton?

Shouldnt they be offloaded in jan as well?

I know where you are coming from, however as you know attack is the best form of defence in this case it could have helped if any of the headers were at least on target

To get to the point yes I do not think much of Bassong and Hutton's posioning is poor so they can be shipped in January as well as long as crouchy is going with them and provided that Defoe and Dawson are fit

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:47

Sure ! i know that, LOL.....errrrr ! i dont think in the opening 20 mins that the spurs team were actually so clear minded as to think ...dohhhhhhhh ! why arent we attacking because its the best form of defence santa

Well ok then, ship out bassong and hutton if you like, kaboul and dawson or king can play on crutches lol!
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:07

lewspurs wrote:

Sure ! i know that, LOL.....errrrr ! i dont think in the opening 20 mins that the spurs team were actually so clear minded as to think ...dohhhhhhhh ! why arent we attacking because its the best form of defence santa

Well ok then, ship out bassong and hutton if you like, kaboul and dawson or king can play on crutches lol!

Point taken maybe enough is enough about Crouchy he is really a nice guy. I think we should put this topic to bed the last thing we do not want to diminish his confidence

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:10

yea lovely guy that he cheats on hes girlfrind. shame shes a doormate and took him back. mind you what did you expect when she goes to mrs terry for advice
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:11

I dont think Bassong should be shipped out , he's young and alongside Dawson last season was a big factor in our best goals against stats in the top flight at, WHL for some 70 years !

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:13

i think bassong looks good he just got to sort out hes concentration.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:20

Its difficult, be it an experienced defender or one as young as him to go on the field with a different central pairing from game to game , Lought.......I think the commentator said during the game that the Gallas/Bassong central defence pairing was our 11th different one already this season !
    The midfield didnt do enough for me defensively those opening minutes , Jenas and Hudd in the middle looked lost to the swift play of Inter..

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea lovely guy that he cheats on hes girlfrind. shame shes a doormate and took him back. mind you what did you expect when she goes to mrs terry for advice

A lot of ordinary blokes, rich or poor are guilty of the self same thing lought, footballers are rich and can buy whores at a whim.............its called sowing wild oats lought ! sunny

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:36

yea i thought hudd had a poor game. but i thought jenas was really good 2nd half

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:57

Bassong is the future alongside Daws. Ledders is coming to the end of his career as will Gallas, sooner rather than later. Woodgate ? Who knows ? So the experience both Bassong & Daws (although not having played C/L yet) will get from these games and playing alongside the more experienced guys will be good for the future of Spurs . . . .. .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Oct 22 2010, 20:41

What about Ekotto? brilliant one minute, shocking the next, will the boy ever get consistent or is his laid back nature never gonna change?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 25 2010, 21:33

djfitzo wrote:What about Ekotto? brilliant one minute, shocking the next, will the boy ever get consistent or is his laid back nature never gonna change?

I don't think he will change Dave he has already said that football is not that important to him and at times he plays like it. I don't see him as a team player.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 25 2010, 21:50

Accourding to the BBC Crouch has been coming in for a lot stick from the spurs fans and forums around the country , so its not just us its widely shared view , again redknapp defends him saying he gives us somethinf different, only long balls and floated crosses its like a throw back to the late 90s, lol i swear someone reads this board
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:02

It's Arry Lobs, it has to be. I bet he is on here late at night looking through the posts and he thinks Ooooh that's a good idea I'll try that lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:08