The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Kaboul. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Kaboul. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Kaboul. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Kaboul. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Kaboul. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Kaboul. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Kaboul. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Kaboul. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Kaboul. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Kaboul. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
BazSpur
6 posters

Kaboul.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Kaboul. Empty Kaboul.

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:38

King Kab?

With much speculation over how long Ledley has left in his legs, much thought has been given into who shall be the man to replace him should he be hang up his boots for good Enter Younes Kaboul.

Many may feel frustrated about our result in yesterdays fixture with Everton, but there was a huge, literally, shining light in this.
    For many Kaboul has been highlighted as a decent cover for the right full back position, who can double up as a versatile replacement in both the middle of defence and midfield, however, against Everton he showed that he is far more than merely a 'squad player' by throwing in a barnstorming shift as William Gallas' partner at centre back, and my man of the match Kaboul not only looked confident and assured, but positioned himself well throughout the match defensively, while confidently bombing forward to join attacks and close down the oncoming opposition players.

His brief stint at Pompey has guided him along the correct lines of maturity and he is now not only looking like competent cover for our gracious King, but as a serious possibility for a long term replacement. With our area's for improvement clearly identified as a world class striker and centre back, the question has to be asked whether Kaboul can in fact be the man to fill the latter role. Does his future lay there, and does 'Arry see it that way?

He clearly rates him, having purchased him twice - so perhaps our January window incomings can be solely concentrated on that much needed striker, with Kaboul being our new ray or light at the back?

Written by dave the yid

Kaboul. Catchall_j
    Writer: dave the yid Kaboul. Env

Date:Sunday October 24 2010 Time: 10:06AM

Your Comments

it always mystifies me that so many dismiss Kaboul as a serious CB. For me he is potentially the best of the current bunch when we look at long term replacements for King and Woody. All that we need to know is who is his best partner, Dawson or Bassong?

oxfordspur

Great minds dave the yid, I wrote a similar article in the early hours :-), unfortunately I think Redknapp has a pecking order and he doesn't like changing it too much. For me Bassong is a CB that has potential, but there are still too many errors in his game. Kaboul just seems to have it all for me. His aerial ability is second to none, he is class with his defensive headers, and he was timing his tackles so well yesterday, one tackle I remember was when there was a bit of a mix up as to who would go after the player, with Kaboul and Gallas both hesitating, til Kaboul seemingly went "ah feck this" and lunged in with a great tackle! He deserves more time on the pitch.

bernio3000

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7506159#ixzz13GtTPTDI

Kaboul. Empty Re: Kaboul.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:22

I have gone from a kaboul knocker to a great admirer of the lad and was pleased to be proved wrong by ion a while back.

If i was to name our best eleven he would definately be there as one of the first names that came to mind.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:23

He has done very well since coming back Lew. Another one that I think will be good for us is Sandro. I thought he handled himself very well yesterday.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:29

Kaboul should never had been sold when ramos came in, under jol he was a regular starter can you remember the goal he scored on our 125th anniversary vs Vill ended up 4 - 4 , Kabouls goal was one of the most memorable goals ever scored at the lane it was stunning here a video of it below just to bring back the memories and what it ment to him as a player .

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:29

I was listening in on 5 live baz ! they said sandro looked good after replacing palacios.

We are getting there slowly and its good that harry is playing these lads that we buy and then too often go off the radar for whatever reason.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:54

i went to the game and sandro was excellent once he came on, defensively and forward play.one from everton i wouldnt mind having at the lane was DISTIN. he was a rock at the back for them, strong cant get easily knocked around and positioning is great.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Oct 25 2010, 00:04

Shear was baines goal as good as it looked on tv

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:47

i thought kaboul was our best player yesterday. im so glad hes back as i always rated him
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:52

yeah it was. i was up the paxton so it was quite a way to see it properly, i think it took everyone by suprise. thats twice now they have made us change ends at the start , villa did that as well, but at least i saw our goal.i was suprised gomes didnt wear a cap in 2nd half cos the sun was really bright at points and he was having trouble seeing any high balls coming over, i was a bit worried we were gonna get mugged like that.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 04:30

Truth be told when he re-signed I was Kabouls biggest critic. But after an inauspicious start he is developing into a fine player. I said at the time if he proved me wrong I would eat 'umble pie &, yup, I'm bloating out on 'umble pie . . . . .
    Who ate all the ('umble) pie ?
    Who ate all the ('umble) pie ?
    Vis fat bas*ard, Vis fat bas*ard, he ate all the ('umble) pie
    You fat bas*ard, you fat bas*ard
    Vis ate all the ('umble) pie . . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:17

Im with Lobo on this one , I was dissapointed we sold him but happy we got him back ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 25 2010, 06:10

Lol Vis, Rep for admitting you were wrong and had to eat Humble Pie.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 06:19

Thanx Baz. Gotta say, it tastes quite nice cooldance . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 25 2010, 23:39

Its all about when and where you play certain players. He came to us as a raw youngster and got thrown in at the deep end when we have no protection from midfield and Robbo was going through a mare. Poor sod got blamed for everything, Yakubu bulldozed his way through the Pool last week, but Kaboul was strong both on the deck and in the air and played him well, Cahill didnt get a sniff in the air and Younis has the confidence to bring the ball out of defence, I can see him and Daws making an awesome central pairing. Harry is bring Sandro along nicely, because his just played a full season in Brazil and needs to bed in, can see him being a starter next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content