The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale, here we go again. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale, here we go again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale, here we go again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale, here we go again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale, here we go again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale, here we go again. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale, here we go again. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale, here we go again. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale, here we go again. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale, here we go again. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
LOBO
seebee1944
BazSpur
8 posters

Bale, here we go again.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bale, here we go again. Empty Bale, here we go again.

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:46

Gareth Bale linked with Spurs to Manchester United transfer

Gareth Bale could become the main man in Sir Alex Ferguson's new look Manchester United team, according to a report.

United's unpopular American owners, the Glazers, have given Ferguson the go ahead for a spending spree after Wayne Rooney voiced his concerns about the club's ability to attract the world's top players. Bale, here we go again. 800154226_7069739-597x362-1287905548604_304x185_inline Gareth Bale is a Manchester United transfer target (PA)
    According to the News of the World, Ferguson has £50 million to spend in the summer and is likely to make a move for Spurs ace Bale.The Wales international has been one of the stars of the season and further enhanced his reputation with a brilliant hat-trick in Tottenham's 4-3 Champions League defeat at Inter Milan.Inter boss Rafa Benitez has indicated he wants to land Bale in the summer, but now looks likely to face competition for the 21-year-old's signature from United.
    Spurs are desperate to hang on to Bale, but Ferguson may test Harry Redknapp's resolve with a cash-plus-players offer involving Park Ji-sung and former White Hart Lane favourite Michael Carrick.Ferguson is also believed to be interested in Sunderland's England Under-21s midfielder Jordan Henderson and Ajax striker Luis Suarez.Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder remains a target for United, amid rumours that he may be allowed to leave Inter Milan in January after talks about a new contract stalled.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Bale, here we go again. Empty Re: Bale, here we go again.

Post by seebee1944 Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:49

Bloody media will not be happy till they force it. Bale seems very level headed and happy so for Christ's sake leave him alone and stop trying to turn his head. Spurs are going forward Man U are not
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 24 2010, 22:08

I think seriously if we want to keep hold of our star players we need to change the wage struture at the club, bale will be offered a much higer wage at UTD or anyother club come to that and as we know a footballers life span is very short .

Its very easy to say well good on levy for not paying over inflated wages by not being held to ranson, but we seriously need to address this issue not matter how you feel, because at the end of the day these other clubs will know that Spurs cant compete in the wages department , utd , cited , chelsea and a few others can offer the world and much more, until we can match this we will find it really hard to keep hold of our top players.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Oct 24 2010, 22:41

Utd can't table a formal offer to Bale if Spurs deny them access. As he's under contract, Utd can only talk to him with our permission.

No doubt they have Giggs working overtime every Wales match, but they'll only turn his head if they tap him up.

Of course, we all know that they will use the redtops to bandy about astronomical sums, but Spurs really do have to stay strong here. He has 4 years & I reckon he intends to honour at least half of them, so Spurs just need to ensure that he remains convinced that his development is best with us, and maybe offer a little sweetener of their own to further commit him?

He can only guess at what Utd might pay, but an extra 10-20K a week would be a solid improvement, with maybe another year or two tacked on for good measure. This will ensure that his price remain high should the worst happen. It also means that, should Utd decline, he'll see it and Spurs will look all the better.

This is a seriously key test of the resolve of Levy and Co. Bale, IMO, won't be the problem, it's how commited the board are to putting us up there at the top.

Short term gain or long term benefit? We will see this Summer I believe.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:08

I think also ion that we should declare to all our star players the clubs intent on remaining a top 4 club by getting like players of vdv,s status, its hard i know with levy,s strict wage structure, but we do see many clubs in such financial debt that we do have to be careful in this direction.

Vdv came to us so i cant see why we cant sign a couple of more big names that dont cut the ice at their respective clubs because they are overladen with class players and get left out, and unhappy, clubs like barce are also watching their budgets, so surplus players will be trimmed off their wage bill and we can offer cl participation and have showed we can cope with it.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Oct 25 2010, 00:27

I have just been watching the Real Madrid v Racing Santander game. What a hammering!

The commentators were saying that Benzema is out of favour at the moment as he is struggling.

The trouble is, Utd are also interested in him and SAF, allegedly, has been given a £100 million warchest to spend. How the Hell does a skint club, £750 mill in debt and consistently proving that they can't pay it off, manage to wangle another £100 mill out of the bank?

That kind of money spells trouble, particularly for us, as SAF has identified two of our players as key to his plans.

Squeeky bum time.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 04:45

Ladies & Gentelemen I refer you to see the other football section and a couple of post's me & Baz exchanged about Rooney. I state that I think this whole fiasco is ManUre PR excercise and I have made a prediction that ManUre will offer £30M for Bale & £20 for Moddle come January. We will say NO but ManUre will say to the glory hunting fans, "See told you we would bid for the best players". Even if they offer stupid money as a club we have to start saying feck orf we are building for the future go try another club. We have Bale on a 4 year contract and that should mean we get the best of him and the chance to prove that we are contenders and his best place is to stay with us . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:08

Im with you on all that , Vis .......I expect to see reports of ManUre in the race to sign many top names in the coming months to appease their gloryhunting support...

I actualy popped over to one of their major internet forums this past week ( RedNetCafe ) just to read some of that shite supporting views on this .... The Rooney thread had 4000 replies and no I didnt read them all Sleep but the majority that I did read was, "I hope he never wears the red shirt again the friggin scouse twat" , along those lines anyway ... When news broke out of his change of heart the subsequent posts were , " Love you Rooney , once you play for the biggest club in the world blah blah blah .....

Where's that 'Clubs You Most Hate' thread again ?

Oh and Ion .......did you see that Ronaldo offside goal for Real, has there ever been a goal more offside than that ? lol [/color][/font]
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 25 2010, 06:14

Can't stand those glory hunting, plastic Prawn Sandwhich eating brigade, of cockney red twats.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Oct 26 2010, 17:05

Bale for Carrick and JI Sung Park.................................. lmao Get the contracts dranw up where do we sign. Who the hell does Fergie and Utd think they are? they think they can just come along and pick and choose which players they want a will. Well am afraid ole red nose........... Not this time!!!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27 2010, 01:12

I left a post on the transfer balls thread yesterday lee ! saying much the same ! we aint got another duplicator on here have we ? gutted
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 27 2010, 01:35

i would not mind carrick and sung park at spurs as it happens, these are the type players harry should be buying, but not at the expense of bale, as well as.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Oct 27 2010, 16:17

YID FROM DAV wrote:i would not mind carrick and sung park at spurs as it happens, these are the type players harry should be buying, but not at the expense of bale, as well as.

You serious Yid? How many midfielders do we want at the club?

We should be focussing our interest in the striker market. I'd rather we got one quality striker than two first choice International midfielders. You can't turn around, at WHL, without bumping into a midfielder and the majority of those are better than what ManU can offer.

Where would Carrick or PJS play? Who would they replace?

If he's after a playmaker let's offer him Jenas in exchange for Hernandez and make it plain that we will only deal with Utd on our terms, for players to enhance our squad, not theirs.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 27 2010, 18:41

our midfield is great but can be improved, its no way the finished article. my point was aimed more at the quality of carrick and park not so much there positions they play. carrick and park are better players than bentley,jenas,ohara and possibly palacios tho so would improve us im sure if players moved on, these guys have played champ league finals have great experience and could be the missing link for us to get to another level. but i agree 100 % a striker is more of a priority.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Oct 27 2010, 21:47

Carrick is 30 and cant get a game at UTD , and to be honest i wouldnt want him back in a million years , for a start he aint nothing special or better than what we have now , he only stood out back then cos our midfield was ordinary , sorry but carrick cant get in the UTD his England career lasted 5 mins i never want to see him back at WHL in a spurs shirt , like Redknapp recently said we're a club going forward not backwards so why would we sale our best player to them , we have more money than them they are riddled in debt , anyone that thinks carrick would be a good swap must be crazy

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 01:10

carrick had hes chance to stay and be a spurs great but went to man u and even though hes won medals hes never really cemented aplace in the man u team.

park is a runner and works hard but i dont see where he can play in our team.

i would rather see wp and ohara go before jenas

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 01:21

Park ? DudeWhoEatsDogs . . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Oct 28 2010, 02:24

or his one legged mate from China Tai Won Shoo

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Thu Oct 28 2010, 03:14

LOBO wrote:Carrick is 30 and cant get a game at UTD , and to be honest i wouldnt want him back in a million years , for a start he aint nothing special or better than what we have now , he only stood out back then cos our midfield was ordinary , sorry but carrick cant get in the UTD his England career lasted 5 mins i never want to see him back at WHL in a spurs shirt , like Redknapp recently said we're a club going forward not backwards so why would we sale our best player to them , we have more money than them they are riddled in debt , anyone that thinks carrick would be a good swap must be crazy
    swapping with carrick would be crazy signing him would not be, carrick when fit is the best holding midfielder in the country imo and is far better than the 3/4 players i have named above, so that tells me he would be a good addittion. we need to continually improve, sitting on what we have aint good enough, we need to put pressure on the players by adding players of the same stature to our squad and if u dont think carrick is of the same stature as bentley,ohara,jenas,krankjar,palacious and even hudd it is you thats crazy lobo, forget personal feelings here, forget the past and what went on with utd, if players like carrick are interested in coming to the lane i hope for one harry dont put the blockers up, its tottenham and its future is my priority not what happened 5 years ago. i want spurs to sign premier league winnners and champ league winners, this is what we need, players who have been there and done it.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 08:49

I'm with you Yid on Carrick being a fine midfielder but do we really need him ? Where would we accomodate him ? Is he a better option than Thudd, Sgt Wilson or even Jay-narse ? He was the heart-beat of Big Mart's midfield but these days I think, as a team, we don't need him; indeed, we've outgrown him . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 28 2010, 09:04

Carrick should stay at manure.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Oct 28 2010, 14:38

Let's not forget Sandro too. Early doors, I know, but he looks like a sterling find ..............

As long as you concentrate on his boots! lol!

In Yids defence though, he did say that a striker was our number one priority and I can understand the thinking, as Carrick & Park would be an improvement over O'Hara and Bentley at any rate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content