The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Striker rumours EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Striker rumours EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Striker rumours EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Striker rumours EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Striker rumours EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Striker rumours EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Striker rumours EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Striker rumours EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Striker rumours EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Striker rumours Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Striker rumours

Striker rumours Empty Striker rumours

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 06:14

10 Nov 2010 08:58:00

EXCLUSIVE
    By Greg Stobart

Ajax star Luiz Suarez has told club officials he is interested in a move to Tottenham, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has made the Uruguayan striker a target as he looks to add a top class forward to his squad in January.

Suarez is expected to leave Ajax either in January or at the end of the season and has been linked with some of the biggest clubs in Europe including Barcelona, Manchester United and Juventus.

But the 23-year-old has made it known – at least in the Netherlands – that he would like to talk to Spurs if the Londoners can agree a transfer fee with the Dutch club.

Suarez is expected to cost at least £25 million and his openness to a move to White Hart Lane poses a challenge to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy as to whether he would be willing to fund a deal.

Tottenham would have to pay a premium to land their man in January rather than the summer, while Suarez's wage demands of around £90,000-a-week and the fact he is cup-tied in the Champions League could also prove to be stumbling blocks.

Suarez, whose contract at the Amsterdam Arena runs out in summer 2013, has also made it clear he will not force a move and insists he is happy in the Netherlands.

“Suarez has heard of interest from Tottenham and he would be interested in the possibility,” an Ajax insider told Goal.com UK.

“Maybe before he thought Spurs were too small for him but now he would go there if the right deal was agreed by everyone.

“He would like to challenge himself in one of the big European leagues but at the same time Ajax don't want to sell him and he is very content here.

“To sign him in January would be very expensive as we would need a replacement and the best players cost a lot of money. I don't know if Tottenham can pay what it would take to sign him.”

Suarez feels a move to the Premier League would allow him to prove his ability after seeing interest from elite clubs fade because of concerns over the poor standard of the Eredivisie.

It is unknown how much influence Martin Jol, the former Tottenham manager now in charge of Ajax, has had on Suarez's interest in the move.

Spurs were the talk of Europe last week after beating European champions Inter 3-1 and have received increased exposure in the Netherlands since the £8m summer signing of Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid.

Despite their Champions League success, Redknapp's side are labouring in the Premier League and have failed to win their last four games in the division.

Tottenham's striking quartet – Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe – have misfired this term with just three league goals between them from 12 league matches.

Redknapp expressed an interest in Suarez, Edin Dzeko, Diego Forlan and Luis Fabiano over the summer but was priced out of a move for all of his main targets.

There remain concerns over how Suarez could fulfil the role as a lone striker but he is renowned for his excellent movement, skill and finishing.

Suarez is one of the hottest properties in Europe after scoring 49 goals last season and another three at the World Cup as Uruguay reached the semi-finals.

He joined Ajax from Groningen in the summer of 2007 for €7.5m (£6.4m) and quickly developed in to the star player in the Dutch capital.

Striker rumours Empty Re: Striker rumours

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:19

i cant see how any price would be a stumbling block as we have enough players where if we sold we would recoup decent money.

its the wages that would be a problem
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 10:28

I like this player he was sensational in the world cup, there's a dark side to him aswell die for the cause type remember that hand ball then pen and they missed he got sent of and came on the celebrate at the end cheeky fook, if we get him i'd be happy i like him alot, cant wait for the he's not world class enough for us threads to pop up lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 11 2010, 10:43

I wouldn't want him he's not classy enough Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:34

lobo i read hes dirty he cheats and wants to win. thats what we need.
    other teams have players that would do anything so im fed up of us being nice.

how many times have a*se players cheated to get pens free kicks other playser booked. they dont have morals. same as drogbra and nani

lets get him and forlan and get rid of keane and crouch

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:35

another goal from carrol. and he workded hard for the team and he can head.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 20:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo i read hes dirty he cheats and wants to win. thats what we need.
    other teams have players that would do anything so im fed up of us being nice.

how many times have a*se players cheated to get pens free kicks other playser booked. they dont have morals. same as drogbra and nani

lets get him and forlan and get rid of keane and crouch

There's an old saying : Nice guys always come last , seriously though i loved him in the WC for all his antics.

I think we should get shot of keane i cant see what he does now , we need to cash in 2 or 3 players get saurez and maybe scott parker someone with desire, i dont always think its right to have a team full of world stars you also need a bit of raw talent like a dunga someone to hold the team togeather

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content