The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Striker's EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Striker's EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Striker's EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Striker's EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Striker's EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Striker's EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Striker's EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Striker's EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Striker's EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Striker's Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Striker's

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Striker's Empty Striker's

Post by Boltjean Tue Jun 07 2011, 04:16

I have read quite a few post stating that we should not bother with signing Cole and that what we need is a couple of striker's. I think I am on my own here but I honestly believe that we already have them, Defoe and Pav. Now I know goals were a bit scarce last season but believe that these two will deliver next season, in other words give them up to the January transfer window to prove that they still have a job to do at Spurs, if they fail then we start looking for replacement's then. As for Crouch, I do not like saying that I do not like certain players who play for our club, I did get frustrated with players in the past when I went to the Lane like John Pratt, and I know they give there all for the club but I do like to see a certain amount of class from a player and Crouch does not imo have class, I can see it in Defoe, I can see that Pav has far more to offer than he has done in the past, so, I think we need one striker to replace Crouch, who I do not know but I am sure that many of you know who you would like to see at Spurs, but take into account who we could afford to buy and who would accept a wage that we would be willing to pay them, on this basis will we get strikers that are much better than those we already have?, I do not think so.

Striker's Empty Re: Striker's

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 04:50

Personally i wouldnt want to start the new season with those three len, having said that i reckon defoe will come back to form but pav and crouch arent prolific enough.

We need to get in a good finisher, but where the hell harry is going to find him is another matter, the best strikers are already at the best clubs.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jun 07 2011, 05:40

You are right Lew, the best strikers are at the best clubs. But I still think Pav has far more to offer. I think he was a better buy than, is it Arshavin? excuse my spelling, at Arsenal and who Wenger is still prepared to give a chance to prove himself. I know many people say the premiership is the hardest league in the world but the Russian league has some good clubs in it such as Spartak Moscow from who we signed Pav. He played a total of 187 games for them scoring 109 goals, 14 of them in 28 European games, I call that prolific. We signed him in what, 2008? perhaps a little bit more time is needed and then we might see the player that performed so well for Spartak turn into the striker we so badly need. I would hate to see another Bent mistake where Pav joins a club like Everton and starts banging in the goals.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 07 2011, 06:10

Sometimes you have to set your sights a little Lower. Some good young strikers have gone on to make it it the top division from lower divisions. Wright, Keegan, to name two.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 06:14

since pav has come back into the side from that leeds game when he came on as a sub jan 10 hes been our top scorer

secound half of 09/10 season and this season. most of our big wins in the prem have been with him in the team.
    hes movment really good, some of hes goals have been top class strikes.

crouch when he has the ball around the box cant shoot propley. when was last time crouch scored a good goal, .

defoe would be a great inpact striker.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 07 2011, 06:18

lewspurs wrote:

Personally i wouldnt want to start the new season with those three len, having said that i reckon defoe will come back to form but pav and crouch arent prolific enough.

We need to get in a good finisher, but where the hell harry is going to find him is another matter, the best strikers are already at the best clubs.

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

is that the same Pav that scored a hat trick in the WC qualifiers lastnight and the same Pav that scored 2 in the last game of the season lmao lmao lmao lmao

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 07:11

Certainly is lobo, the very same pav, who isnt prolific enough and thats why you lot have been moaning all season and pulling your hair out at the striker problem at spurs.

Dont quote 2 games lob and laugh your balls dry, thats crap and you know it, even keane scored twice over the weekend.

Its spurs games that count mate, and you along with the rest have moaned and groaned all season long. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Get Get Get Get Get

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 09:00

robbie keane. i wonder how he would of fared playing wiv pav vdv. they all intelegent players.

i can see lew point i wouldnt want to start the season wiv all them strikers.

1st to go, crouch.
    2n defoe.peole say hes a natrual striker, well he aint, nautral strikers dont jus blast it in front of goal.
    3rd robbie.
    4th super pav. hes out scored defoe and crouch in nearly 2 season now,
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 07 2011, 09:08

lewspurs wrote:

Certainly is lobo, the very same pav, who isnt prolific enough and thats why you lot have been moaning all season and pulling your hair out at the striker problem at spurs.

Dont quote 2 games lob and laugh your balls dry, thats crap and you know it, even keane scored twice over the weekend.

Its spurs games that count mate, and you along with the rest have moaned and groaned all season long. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Get Get Get Get Get

Thats where your wrong lew , I've been all in favor of pav, its the other 2 that were the problem , both had a terrible season yet arry stuck with lurch up front and mini me beside him for god knows what reason , pav played a bit part role for what reason i will never know , i still think we should get a striker or 2 , but i wont hold my breath for one learnt that from past window experiences
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:54

I can't believe that some of you are prepared to throw our season away before it's started by playing the 3 stikers that cost us 4th place and CL football next season.

They were a disgrace and the sooner they go and we get in 2 even 3 class strikers the better I will feel about our up coming season.

If we can get 10 mil each for them and the same for Palacious the lets do it and buy big like the top 4 will do.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 23:17