The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again Empty OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again

Post by shearspur Sat Nov 13 2010, 02:15

this just wont go away.it was just on talk sport that we are going head to head with west ham to get the stadium after the olympics. we are in a consortium with the owners of the o2, while spam are in with newham council. just as you think its gone away its back again and i reckon levy is serious about getting it.if they do i wont go anymore cos no way am i travelling to fcuking east london to watch my NORTH london team i have been watching in NORTH london since 1971. he is really making a big mistake imo pursuing this ridiculous idea. whats happened to our big new plans for our own stadium where we are. its just a money saving scheme to line their own pockets again. fcuk the supporters who dont want it there you will just have to follow like the sheep you are, well i wont so its one more stay at home fan here, welcome your new corporate prawn sarnie brigade. cnuts
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again Empty Re: OLYMPIC STADIUM.... again

Post by seebee1944 Sat Nov 13 2010, 02:20

Absolutely agree wouldn't be Tottenham anymore. Nightmare journey (you worse than me in Herts) so would not go anymore after more than 50 years.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Nov 13 2010, 03:58

I hope this is just bull but as you say Shear it just.won't go.away.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat Nov 13 2010, 03:59

I've always said you can't stand in the way of progress & there's no room in the game for sentiment. You have to move on if it's for the good of the club.

But & it's a BIG BUT i don't think this is, They've got projected figures for a new stadium & the amount of fans they could sell tickets to. Well i think that figure would decrease drastically if we move to East London i know i wouldn't go. I know i'm only one but i know a lot more only ones.

I fear we could end up playing in a half empty Graveyard each week & the whole thing would backfire & the start of the end could be the result of the move.

We are the ONE, the Original North London Team TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, don't take that away from us Mr Levy!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 05:54

Report in todays Telegraph . . . . . .

Tottenham’s 2012 Olympic Stadium bid due to £50m rise in cost to redevelop White Hart Lane site
    Tottenham’s interest in moving to the Olympic Stadium is being driven by their concern at a rise of £50 million in the projected cost of redeveloping the site adjacent to White Hart Lane.

Although Haringey Council has approved the proposed Northumberland Development Project, Tottenham have been frustrated at the need to submit revised plans that will cause a considerable escalation in their costs.

The club published their annual accounts yesterday, with chairman Daniel Levy using his statement to highlight some of the financial challenges associated with the plans to build a 56,000-seat stadium next to White Hart Lane.

“The stage of consent reached to date, with the incorporated amendments, has meant that the projected cost of the scheme has risen substantially,” said Levy. “The scheme does not benefit from public sector grants or regeneration monies. It was therefore prudent and sensible that, at a time when we had yet to receive approval for the application, we should register our interest in the Olympic Stadium site.”

In the amended plans for the Northumberland Development Project, Tottenham must retain and renovate certain historic buildings, spend more money on the proposed piazza and make a “sizeable” contribution to Transport for London. It has all contributed to the £50 million increase in a project the club had hoped would cost significantly less than £400 million.

Tottenham’s decision to formally register their interest in the Olympic Stadium has been widely interpreted as a negotiating tactic in discussions with Haringey Council, but there is genuine disappointment at the increased costs and the lack of public funding for a facility that would be widely used by the local community. The site would include new homes, a hotel and a supermarket.

Levy remains adamant that a new stadium is essential for Tottenham’s growth, with 33,000 people on the waiting list for a season ticket. According to Levy, the priority for the new stadium is that it should be the most atmospheric in Europe. However, he has also warned that his “guiding principle” will be to preserve the club’s overall financial stability.

Although Tottenham are among the potential options being considered by the Olympic Park Legacy Company, the club still believe that it would be possible to build the new stadium next to White Hart Lane in time for the start of the 2012-13 season.

Yesterday’s annual accounts revealed a record turnover of £119.8 million, a rise from £113 million in 2008-9, but a loss for the financial year 2009-10 of £6.6 million. In that period, manager Harry Redknapp had made a net transfer spend of £13.2 million. Since the end of June this year, it was revealed he has made a further net spend of £19 million on new players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 18:35