The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Liverpool match thread EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Liverpool match thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Liverpool match thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Liverpool match thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Liverpool match thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Liverpool match thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Liverpool match thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Liverpool match thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Liverpool match thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Liverpool match thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
HotspurRoper
6 posters

Liverpool match thread

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Liverpool match thread Empty Liverpool match thread

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Nov 25 2010, 18:30

Again, hope you dont mind me starting this off? Now i know our prem form has suffered a little on the back of big European nights but come on lets face it we didnt have to get out of 2nd gear last night we also have the advantage of being a 4pm KO on Sunday SS1. (FUNNY I GOT A PHONE CALL LAST NIGHT FROM MY PAL WHEN THEY ADVERTISED US ON SS1 AND SS 3d ON SUNDAY, HE SAID FFS ARE YOUS cnuts ON AGAIN, UR NEVER OFF THE BOX! WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO REALISE WE ARE THE ENTERTAINERS, LOVE US, OR HATE US PEOPLE WANT TO WATCH US!!) Anyway where was i.......... oh yeah, So we have Van Der Vaart to come back in should be a straight swap for Jenas (any news on him??) and id go with Defoe up top with Crouchie after his performance last night he deserves a start and will want to get 1 over on his old employers.

Gomes

Hutton
    Gallas
    Kaboul
    Ekotto

Lennon
    Modric
    VDV
    Bale

Defoe
    Crouch

How about it lads? COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Liverpool match thread Empty Re: Liverpool match thread

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:03

Jenas will go for a scan on his calf after limping off 20 minutes into the match.

"JJ felt his calf tighten up," Redknapp explained.

"He felt suddenly as if something had gone. He'll go for a scan in the morning. He may have caught it in time. It's a shame because he has been playing well."
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 25 2010, 20:07

Defoe looked up for it lastnight , once he finds his match fitness i can see him banging them in , we really have missed him he gives us something else up front with his pace and eye for goal it looks really good for us atm and long may it continue, we need to rip into liverpool and put them to the sword , this is the type of game we slip up in so we need a good result , weve beaten inter , we head the group in the champions league and weve done the goons in there own back yard, the confidence must be sky high in the squad .. on wards and upwards
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Nov 26 2010, 01:43

Not sure if VDV will make the Pool game, SSN saying he's still recovering from ankle injury. Lets hope he can make it for the Pool game, as Jenas is out after picking up a knock against Bremen last night, so we are short in midfield atm, with Hudds, jenas and vdv possibly out.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 26 2010, 02:36

Sgt Wilson can come in again or Sandro maybe? I thought Sgt Wilson was excellent last night.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Nov 26 2010, 09:17

LOBO wrote: we need to rip into liverpool and put them to the sword , this is the type of game we slip up in so we need a good result , weve beaten inter , we head the group in the champions league and weve done the goons in there own back yard, the confidence must be sky high in the squad .. on wards and upwards

Ye man this is exactly what I think

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 09:40

i cant see harry playin vdv in the middle with modric

i would keep near enough the same team.

gomez
    hutton galas kaboul ekotto
    lennon wp modric bale
    crouch defoe

sub bentley cudichini pav sandro vdv krankar keane
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat Nov 27 2010, 22:17

I have to agree with a previous poster who said Palacios was superb against Werder Bremen, he had that spark back, he was directing players & even got told to F**K OFF by Hutton because he ripped into him for being slack with the ball & long may that sort of thing continue. As we need his presence in the midfield to stifle Liverpool's attempts at getting forward.

Still not sure whether Defoe's ready for a start quite yet, i know he's chomping at the bit & will be a pain in Harry's neck trying to get a start but i think put him on the bench & let him make the kind of impact in the second half he has in his last two outings.

So my team would be,,,,,,,,,

-------------Gomes---------------
    Hutton Gallas Kaboul Assou-Ekotto
    Lennon-- Palacios-- Modric-- Bale
    ------Van Der Vaart--Crouch-------

Cudicini Corluka Bassong Sandro
    Pavlyuchenko Defoe Kranjcar

I know the inclusion of Crouch will surprise a few of you that know me, but he does like to stick the boot into Liverpool & he's scored in his last two games. Plus him and Pavlyuchenko doesn't seem to work for what ever reason. I think Pav's confidence is shot as well after refusing the midweek penalty.

I'm looking to win this as i don't see much in the Pool team, yes they have a World Class striker but keep the ball away from him & what can he do. Elsewhere in the likes of Carragher they have an aging team. Plus over the last few years all the players they've replaces are of poorer quality. From Riise being replaced by Konchesky, Alonso & Mascherano by Meireles & Poulsen & even Keane coming back to us leaving them N'Gog. Then add an ageing Cole who only went there because he knew he wouldn't get regular game time with us & we have a team we should beat if we keep focused & believe in ourselves like we've started to do.

Roll on 4PM tomorrow!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 01:31

Good summing up Jim. Not sure if VDV is fit for this game so the only difference I would make if thats the case would be Pavy for him . . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sun Nov 28 2010, 03:39

VisionarySound wrote:Good summing up Jim. Not sure if VDV is fit for this game so the only difference I would make if thats the case would be Pavy for him . . . . . .

If VDV isn't fit i'd put Keane in the first 11 for him even though he's not on the bench.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 04:43

would be nice to get all 3 points 2mz. what a week it would of been for us.
    i would go with jims team. bring on defoe later.
    some strange results today. west brom smashed the toffes
    wolves won. man c drew at stoke.

qpr beat rivals cardif and guess who smashed in another goal top corner.
    dont see other midfeilders scoring as many goals he has so much for easy league.

coys

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:58

It would seem that at The Lane we have the mojo over Liverpool . . . . .

At Tottenham Hotspur (75)

Results Total %

Tottenham Hotspur Wins 36 (48.00%)

Liverpool Wins 22 (29.33%)

Draws 17 (22.67%)

Goals Total Av.pg

Tottenham Hotspur 109 (1.45 p/g)

Liverpool 89 (1.19 p/g)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 02:00

Match-by-match
    Season Date Home Score Away Competition
    2009/2010 Wed 20 Jan Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2009/2010 Sun 16 Aug Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League
    2008/2009 Sun 24 May Liverpool 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2008/2009 Wed 12 Nov Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 2 Liverpool League Cup
    2008/2009 Sat 01 Nov Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League
    2007/2008 Sun 11 May Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 2 Liverpool Premier League
    2007/2008 Sun 07 Oct Liverpool 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2006/2007 Sat 30 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Liverpool Premiership
    2006/2007 Sat 23 Sep Liverpool 3 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2005/2006 Sat 14 Jan Liverpool 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2005/2006 Sat 10 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 0 Liverpool Premiership
    2004/2005 Sat 16 Apr Liverpool 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2004/2005 Wed 01 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Liverpool League Cup
    2004/2005 Sat 14 Aug Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Liverpool Premiership
    2003/2004 Sat 17 Jan Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool Premiership
    2003/2004 Wed 27 Aug Liverpool 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2002/2003 Sun 16 Mar Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 3 Liverpool Premiership
    2002/2003 Sat 26 Oct Liverpool 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2001/2002 Sat 27 Apr Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Liverpool Premiership
    2001/2002 Sat 22 Sep Liverpool 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2000/2001 Sun 22 Apr Liverpool 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2000/2001 Sun 19 Nov Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool Premiership
    1999/2000 Sun 09 Apr Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 02:01

Record Scores
    Highest Aggregate 9 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 2 Liverpool 1962/1963
    Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 7 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 2 Liverpool 1962/1963
    Highest Liverpool score: 7 Liverpool 7 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur 1978/1979

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 02:03

SuneJim wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Good summing up Jim. Not sure if VDV is fit for this game so the only difference I would make if thats the case would be Pavy for him . . . . . .

If VDV isn't fit i'd put Keane in the first 11 for him even though he's not on the bench.

I like the thinking on that Jim. Keaneo would have something to prove me thinks . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 05:25

Aaron Lennon struck an injury-time winner as he earned Tottenham a dramatic win against Liverpool.

Lennon raced through to slot in and move Spurs six points off the top.

The home side had gone behind when Martin Skrtel stabbed in a shot from 10 yards after his header came back off team-mate David Ngog.

Jermain Defoe missed a Spurs penalty but Spurs levelled when Skrtel turned a Luka Modric cross into his own net before Lennon's late winner.

The victory after a thrilling game of rollercoaster fortunes will only enhance Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's claims that his side can win the Premier League title.

Redknapp talked up his side's chances after a 3-2 win at Arsenal and, after a midweek victory over Werder Bremen in the Champions League, Spurs proved they have the kind of fighting qualities and consistency they will need to back up their manager's words.

Liverpool were punished for not taking some gilt-edged chances, although they did show the gap between the two sides might not be as large as the differing recent fortunes of the pair might suggest.

However, it was Tottenham's reaction to adversity which ultimatley proved the more decisive and impressive.

The home side started promisingly enough as Lennon skinned Reds left-back Paul Konchesky and found Modric, who failed to get enough power and direction on a shot he fired straight at keeper Pepe Reina.

A Maxi Rodriguez angled strike went wide at the other end before Redknapp's risk in playing Rafael Van der Vaart backfired with the influential playmaker going off injured after 10 minutes.

Defoe came on as his replacement and he quickly showed signs of intent when he volleyed a Modric cross at Reina in what was proving to be an absorbing game as the team's traded blows.

Former Liverpool striker Peter Crouch got ahead of Jamie Carragher but steered a shot wide from a corner for the home side, while another Maxi effort was smartly palmed round the post by keeper Heurelho Gomes.

Spurs had a great chance to take the lead when Reina palmed a Modric cross to Defoe, who showed signs of rustiness as his close range shot was blocked off the goal-line by Carragher.

Another Spurs player in Younes Kaboul was forced to go off injured and, after Raul Meireles had a well-struck 25-yard strike palmed wide, the visitors went ahead.

Skrtel headed a free-kick against Ngog before reacting quickest to send in the loose ball.

Spurs were wobbling and should have been further behind when an audacious pass from Torres put Maxi through on goal but he tried to be too clever instead of shooting at goal and only ended up fooling himself rather than Gomes.

The usually clinical Torres was twice through on goal either side of half-time but was foiled by crucial Sebastien Bassong tackles on both occasions.

Liverpool's lack of ruthlessness almost came back to haunt them only for Meireles to head a off Bale strike off the line.

And the White Hart Lane side had the ideal chance to draw level when they were awarded a penalty for Ngog blocking a Bale free-kick with his arms as he rose to block it in the Reds wall.

However, although Defoe sent the spot-kick horribly wide, Modric helped quickly eased Spurs' disappointment as they found the kind of attacking rhythm which has made them such an entertaining team to watch.

The diminutive Croatian scythed through the Liverpool defence and had his low cross turned into his own net by Skrtel with Crouch waiting for a tap-in.

The intensity of the game ratcheted up along with the noise from the home faithful as the game turned into a frantic affair.

Both sides were denied penalties when Konchesky appeared to push Crouch, while with Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt went down after a challenge by Spurs left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto in the Spurs area.

Meireles sent a rasping left-foot shot just wide, before the decisive intervention of Lennon.

Crouch flicked on a long Assou-Ekotto ball and Lennon, who had got inside Konchesky, kept his cool to sidefoot past Reina.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 05:31

Sunday, 28 November 2010

Barclays Premier League

Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool

The home side had gone behind when Martin Skrtel stabbed in a shot from 10 yards after his header came back off team-mate David Ngog.

Jermain Defoe missed a Spurs penalty but Spurs levelled when Skrtel turned a Luka Modric cross into his own net before Lennon's late winner.

The victory after a thrilling game of rollercoaster fortunes will only enhance Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's claims that his side can win the Premier League title.

Redknapp talked up his side's chances after a 3-2 win at Arsenal and, after a midweek victory over Werder Bremen in the Champions League, Spurs proved they have the kind of fighting qualities and consistency they will need to back up their manager's words.

Liverpool were punished for not taking some gilt-edged chances, although they did show the gap between the two sides might not be as large as the differing recent fortunes of the pair might suggest.

However, it was Tottenham's reaction to adversity which ultimatley proved the more decisive and impressive.

The home side started promisingly enough as Lennon skinned Reds left-back Paul Konchesky and found Modric, who failed to get enough power and direction on a shot he fired straight at keeper Pepe Reina.

A Maxi Rodriguez angled strike went wide at the other end before Redknapp's risk in playing Rafael Van der Vaart backfired with the influential playmaker going off injured after 10 minutes.

Defoe came on as his replacement and he quickly showed signs of intent when he volleyed a Modric cross at Reina in what was proving to be an absorbing game as the team's traded blows.

Former Liverpool striker Peter Crouch got ahead of Jamie Carragher but steered a shot wide from a corner for the home side, while another Maxi effort was smartly palmed round the post by keeper Heurelho Gomes.

Spurs had a great chance to take the lead when Reina palmed a Modric cross to Defoe, who showed signs of rustiness as his close range shot was blocked off the goal-line by Carragher.

Another Spurs player in Younes Kaboul was forced to go off injured and, after Raul Meireles had a well-struck 25-yard strike palmed wide, the visitors went ahead.

Skrtel headed a free-kick against Ngog before reacting quickest to send in the loose ball.

Spurs were wobbling and should have been further behind when an audacious pass from Torres put Maxi through on goal but he tried to be too clever instead of shooting at goal and only ended up fooling himself rather than Gomes.

The usually clinical Torres was twice through on goal either side of half-time but was foiled by crucial Sebastien Bassong tackles on both occasions.

Liverpool's lack of ruthlessness almost came back to haunt them only for Meireles to head a off Bale strike off the line.

And the White Hart Lane side had the ideal chance to draw level when they were awarded a penalty for Ngog blocking a Bale free-kick with his arms as he rose to block it in the Reds wall.

However, although Defoe sent the spot-kick horribly wide, Modric helped quickly eased Spurs' disappointment as they found the kind of attacking rhythm which has made them such an entertaining team to watch.

The diminutive Croatian scythed through the Liverpool defence and had his low cross turned into his own net by Skrtel with Crouch waiting for a tap-in.

The intensity of the game ratcheted up along with the noise from the home faithful as the game turned into a frantic affair.

Both sides were denied penalties when Konchesky appeared to push Crouch, while with Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt went down after a challenge by Spurs left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto in the Spurs area.

Meireles sent a rasping left-foot shot just wide, before the decisive intervention of Lennon.

Crouch flicked on a long Assou-Ekotto ball and Lennon, who had got inside Konchesky, kept his cool to sidefoot past Reina.

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool FT
    (HT 0-1)

Skrtel 42 (Liverpool Goal)

Skrtel (og) 65 (Tottenham Goal)

Lennon 90+2 (Tottenham Goal)

Att: 36,310

TOTTENHAM Vs LIVERPOOL

Possession
    Tottenham 51% Liverpool 49%

Attempts on target
    Tottenham 13 Liverpool 8

Attempts off target
    Tottenham 7 Liverpool 4

Corners
    Tottenham 5 Liverpool 8

Fouls
    Tottenham 6 Liverpool 16

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 05:40

The stats show 20 attempts to us, 12 to Liverpool. Good open game. Will say tho' with 13 attempts on target maybe we should have scored more than 2 ! ! ! But it was a fantastic, indeed triffic, game and a well earnt 3 points that showed spirit & commitment from the whole team. Gallas is an unbeaten Captain lol. Mr 100%. Kaboul looked good until injury. Lennon showing signs of the Aaron we know & love. Moddle stepping up to the plate and controlling everything. Crouchinio did everything that was asked of him. Gomes a couple of fine saves. A magnificent team performance. If I have a complaint it's the lack of clean sheet again but we seem to have the attitude of WE will score more than you. Makes for breathtaking football and we are the most entertaining side playing at the present moment . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 14:53