The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The lennon and hutton debate ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The lennon and hutton debate ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
LOBO
6 posters

The lennon and hutton debate !

The lennon and hutton debate ! Empty The lennon and hutton debate !

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 23:42

Well what we have been discussing on here over the many weeks has finally found its way into some newspapers.......and thats the subject of .....DOES HUTTON NEGATE LENNON?

For me personally i think its down to harry to sort this one out ! but phil thompson described hutton as an offensive player, and he is attack minded from what i have seen ! nevertheless hutton has been better in defence in recent weeks.

The problem though is does he negate lennon ? well i can only go by what i see and he does run on bypassing lennon on many occaisions......! and often slings the ball left to bale negating the right side threat of lennon and his man beating skills.

Bale cant do it all, and will now be heavily marked, while lennon ( a constant threat to defenders last term) will have more space to ply his trade and this goes back to the fact that its harrys problem.

Hutton has to be told to pass to lennon around the halfway line mark , the way ekotto does for bale, this could be such an attacking double act ! bale left and lennon right ! so yes its down to harry to sort this one out because it is a little frustrating to read that lennon is out of form !or lost confidence since the world cup, or smokes cigars as big as himself, thats all crap, lennon is playing in a team that now believes in itself, why should he have a loss of confidence...the team is oozing confidence.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

The lennon and hutton debate ! Empty Re: The lennon and hutton debate !

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 28 2010, 00:54

i think its a case of lennon and Hutton working on there mutal understandin of eacother, learning how the other players and reading the run & passes its all there is to it, if they can get an understanding of how eachother play i think they will strike up a good partnership on the right, but you have to take into consideration the pair of them have had lenghty spells out injured and havent really played togeather much, i mean hutton was out for a good part of 9 months , its gonna take time

I also think lennon needs resting now and then or some good competition for his spot ashley young would be a good move imo
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Nov 28 2010, 01:31

I'd pretty much go along with Lobo here, it's too early to make any kind of informed judgement on the two, they'll need a few more games together to iron out any understanding problems. But Lennon looked vey good against Beyer, showing some blistering short range pace to set up Crouch for his goal. They aslso looked like, to me, they are getting more settled with each other.

Just think of the attacking prospects with Bale and Lennon on the flanks. If, and when, both are on song, are teams going to try to double team both? If they do it will leave huge hole in their back line or midfield that VDV, Modric, Jenas and a host of others can exploit. If they're doubling up on Lennon then Hutton has freedom to overlap and attack the byeline.

It's mouth watering really, so I'd give this little partnership the opportunity to flourish were I Harry.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 02:40

The only thing i worry about, regarding this situation is that hutton is thinking he is better than he really is and wont pass to lennon because he thinks he can get that decisive pass over himself !or/and of course some players dont get on, who knows what goes on behind the scenes, why doesnt hutton bring lennon into the game more?

As i said i think its down to harry to sort this out, one thing is for certain is that we on this forum werent imagining it when we discussed this very same thing weeks ago, the papers have gotten hold of it too ! doesnt make it right of course but watch hutton and lennon during a game, lobo might be right that they havent played much together and they need to gel.......lets hope thats the case.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sun Nov 28 2010, 03:35

You all know my thoughts about Chimbonda hampering Lennon's development because he completely swamped him all the time & i can see the same happening with Hutton. Corluka is the perfect defencive foil for Lennon & that's been proved in Lennon's involvement in World Cup Squad after a cracking season.

But i do see where Lobo is coming from & i doubt they've had a chance to build an understanding with the injuries they've both had. Hutton has come in & taken his chance superbly so you can't really just put Corluka back in he has to wait his chance.

But personally i'm Corluka all the way, with Lennon right side!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 16:40

Its hard to understand how ekotto and bale gel so well on the left but that hutton and lennon dont on the right, huttons forward runs just exclude lennon and renders his presence as non existent, and then everyone doesnt see lennon doing much and its time to flog him.etc etc etc.

Totally agree jim that corluka is the best option where lennon is concerned, we wont see the best of lennon when hutton is behind him ! having said that hutton is playing well and i can understand harry preferring him over corluka, but at what expense ? lennon was a star at on the right wing last year he and bale should be forming a really lethal right and left wing threat this year.

I am sure it will all come right in the end.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:14

So what is 'arry to do ? If I was 'arry I would be playing Hutton & Lennon and then working them on the training ground together. Corluka is a shadow of the player he was. Be it ongoing injury problems or just a loss of form. He also has the pace of a crippled snail. With Hutton you do have the luxury of covering pace at the back as well as the forward option. The one thing he must learn is when to make his runs so as not to stiffle Lennons natural game. If Corluka was to rediscover his game it would be a much harder call. He seemed to read the game better then Hutton can. Hutton seems to have a more aggressive, physicality to his game but in Europe this could be a problem with foreign referees. I would hope that Hutton & Lennon can both stay fit and develop and understanding on the right then we would be awsome on both flanks and strike fear into any team . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 29 2010, 20:37

VisionarySound wrote:So what is 'arry to do ? If I was 'arry I would be playing Hutton & Lennon and then working them on the training ground together. Corluka is a shadow of the player he was. Be it ongoing injury problems or just a loss of form. He also has the pace of a crippled snail. With Hutton you do have the luxury of covering pace at the back as well as the forward option. The one thing he must learn is when to make his runs so as not to stiffle Lennons natural game. If Corluka was to rediscover his game it would be a much harder call. He seemed to read the game better then Hutton can. Hutton seems to have a more aggressive, physicality to his game but in Europe this could be a problem with foreign referees. I would hope that Hutton & Lennon can both stay fit and develop and understanding on the right then we would be awsome on both flanks and strike fear into any team . . . . . . .

Ive seen glimpses in the Bremen game and yesterday that Lennon and Hutton are getting an understanding with Hutton seeing Aarons
    runs inside the full back and making some good passes, also when Lennon draws the defenders outside, Huttons good at coming into the space and has scored and got a penalty by getting into the box, Charlie's a clever defender, but gets found out for pace and thats what the prem is all about, pace.

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Nov 29 2010, 22:32

lewspurs wrote:

Its hard to understand how ekotto and bale gel so well on the left but that hutton and lennon dont on the right, huttons forward runs just exclude lennon and renders his presence as non existent, and then everyone doesnt see lennon doing much and its time to flog him.etc etc etc.

Totally agree jim that corluka is the best option where lennon is concerned, we wont see the best of lennon when hutton is behind him ! having said that hutton is playing well and i can understand harry preferring him over corluka, but at what expense ? lennon was a star at on the right wing last year he and bale should be forming a really lethal right and left wing threat this year.

Have another look at the match Lew, especially second half. Ekotto hardly ever passes to Bale no matter how well positioned he is. It's almost as if there is a bit of a dispute going on. After I noticed 1 or 2 times I had a look back & Ekotto missed loads of chances to put him through.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 29 2010, 23:38

Lennon's problem at the moment is, he just stands still and waits for ball to feet, He use to make runs before and Corukua would feed him some lovely through balls, now Lennon just stands stills and the main reason is Huttons vision, he doesnt know when to make the killer pass. It works on a few occasions, but most of the time they are on different wavelengths, they really need to sort it out in training.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 18:59

cynicsid wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Have another look at the match Lew, especially second half. Ekotto hardly ever passes to Bale no matter how well positioned he is. It's almost as if there is a bit of a dispute going on. After I noticed 1 or 2 times I had a look back & Ekotto missed loads of chances to put him through.

I couldnt watch the liverpool game sid ! but the games i have seen bale and ekotto in they do seem to gel quite well with ekkoto getting bale going down the left many times.

Its debatable i suppose and a problem that harry has to sort because its a team game, theres really no place for individual ego,s out there on the pitch..........not unless you are berbatosser of course lol!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Nov 30 2010, 20:20

Can i just throw an opinion in here,,,,,,,,,, Now i've noticed that neither Assou-Ekotto or Hutton seem to inter play with there wingers that well & take responsibility for playing the ball into the area for Crouch from deep & it's a disgrace. But it happens that often i have to say i think it's a practised tactic, if you can call it a tactic.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Dec 01 2010, 09:01

SuneJim wrote:Can i just throw an opinion in here,,,,,,,,,, Now i've noticed that neither Assou-Ekotto or Hutton seem to inter play with there wingers that well & take responsibility for playing the ball into the area for Crouch from deep & it's a disgrace. But it happens that often i have to say i think it's a practised tactic, if you can call it a tactic.

Hadn't thought of that
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Dec 01 2010, 23:38

cynicsid wrote:
    SuneJim wrote:Can i just throw an opinion in here,,,,,,,,,, Now i've noticed that neither Assou-Ekotto or Hutton seem to inter play with there wingers that well & take responsibility for playing the ball into the area for Crouch from deep & it's a disgrace. But it happens that often i have to say i think it's a practised tactic, if you can call it a tactic.

Hadn't thought of that

Take it by that reply you've mentioned that in a post i've missed lol
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:17

SuneJim wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:

Hadn't thought of that

Only in the post you replied too, LOL the one above yours.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Dec 02 2010, 04:05

cynicsid wrote:
    SuneJim wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:

Hadn't thought of that

Only in the post you replied too, LOL the one above yours.

But you just said that he never passed to Bale not that it was a tactic to get the ball in early to Crouch like i did. You misguidedly thought it was a dispute between the players lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 21:49