The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
hutton EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
hutton EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
hutton EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
hutton EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
hutton EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
hutton EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
hutton EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
hutton EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
hutton EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

hutton Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

hutton

hutton Empty hutton

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:26

Well it would seem that the mystery of Alan Hutton may have been solved...

With the "unfortunate" injury to Vedran Corluka in Milan, it was obviously expected that Alan Hutton would return to the side against Blackpool and get another possible extended run of games in the Croatian`s absence, but as at the San Siro, William Gallas started at full back, and there wasn`t even a place on the bench for the Scot, but intriguingly there was no mention of him, nor was he mentioned on the lengthy injury list at the club. so what was the problem?

It would appear that rumours of a fall out with Harry are spot on and the pair fell out after Hutton took the brunt of his managers anger after a nightmare opening half against Fulham, where Hutton gave away a penalty and as were many others, had a terrible first 45 minutes. Hutton, rather than take his criticism quietly, decided to have an all out row in return, seemingly prompting a next day dressing down and his omission from the side ever since.

A club source (don`t you just love these) claims: "Harry had a pop after Fulham because he felt Hutton had a poor game and Hutton stood his ground because he felt he was being unfairly treated. It was a stand-up row and serious enough for Harry to call him in the next day and freeze him out ever since."

At a time when we really are down to the bare bones defensively, freezing out a player would appear to be a pretty damning statement over Hutton`s Spurs future and you feel if he misses the next couple of games, his career at White Hart Lane is over. It would also be a brave decision by Harry at a time when there is no other genuine right back at the club available to him for the next few weeks. Gallas will of course not let anyone down, but with only two fit CB`s we really need his experience in the heart of our defence.

With Kyle Walker returning in the summer, the end for Hutton at Spurs looked a possibility anyway and should Harry get lucky in bringing another experienced right back at the end of the season, I can honestly see us selling Vedran Corluka as well and using the new boy and Walker as our RB options...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7507765#ixzz1Ez6v6s2Z

hutton Empty Re: hutton

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:29

Its a shame as Hutton was just starting to look like a player. I think this story is true. Its better that this is the case rather than another drugs scandal.

I'd be surprised if Hutton was singled out though as Dawson was even worse against Fulham and Bassong was diabolical against Blackpool.

It just seems that Hutton did not take the criticism as well as the others may have done.

The trouble is, we could really do with him at the moment with Charlie out.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 03:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:Its a shame as Hutton was just starting to look like a player. I think this story is true. Its better that this is the case rather than another drugs scandal.

I'd be surprised if Hutton was singled out though as Dawson was even worse against Fulham and Bassong was diabolical against Blackpool.

It just seems that Hutton did not take the criticism as well as the others may have done.

The trouble is, we could really do with him at the moment with Charlie out.

I dont know Lought, can you honestly see Harry not playing him out of spite? that would be really stupid
    and could cost us dearly

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 26 2011, 04:29

I certainly hope that's not true. If so then it seems Arry needs to grow up. Have your say he has his say and it's over with.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 26 2011, 04:31

A few comments on the subject.

hudderspur

never rated him, but he wasnt the only poor player against fulham, a little unfair me thinks

The Hudd

Hutton was never the greatest Right Back for
    me anyway and with arguably the best young Right Back in the League in
    the squad for next season, I'm not the Scot will be sorely missed. I
    agree that at a time when we are down to a skeleton crew, losing a
    another player over the head of an arguement isnt ideal but regardless
    of the situation, the rules remain the same: Have a bad game, get
    critcised by the manager. Challenge the manager and throw a hissy fit,
    be made an example of. It's nothing that any other PremierLeague coach
    would have done.

KierzoSBC

hutton was poor against fulham but whyon earth single him out????? dawson was the one who was the disgrace

ohwellnextseason

My question is why didnt harry have a pop at
    dawson, as it was his mistakes that put the nail in the coffin. Maybe
    Hutton is another one harry doesnt favour. Hutton must have said some
    pretty bad things though for harry to drop him when he is our only fit
    RB. I imagine working for harry is either a dream or a nightmare,
    depending on if your face fits.

hudderspur

You make me laugh Kierzo. If he is your only
    fit RB you bite your lip, play him then deal with the situation later,
    like a lot of other managers would have done. Are you Jamie in disguise,
    because if harry set fire to WHL im sure you would find a reason to
    back him.

hudderspur

We would definetly need him while Corluka is
    out injured. Gallas didnt put foot wrong while playing out of position,
    but he doesnt posses any threat goin forward though which makes our most
    potent attacking player Lennon pretty useless. I dont know why ppl dont
    rate Charlie as high as he deserves. His link up play with Lennon has
    allways been very good. He aint the fastest one, but has very good
    techingue for a big lad and his positioning is good. Cant see Charlie
    scoring goals and cut inside like Hutton because his shot is worse than
    Crouches but still Lennon plays very well with him.

FinnYid

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7507765#ixzz1EzcZmjA6

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 05:55

i can see it. players like hutton pav bentley gio take the flack.

harry quick to slag of players he dont like but wont say boo to hes favorites. hes constanley slaggin off pav for not doing much but nuffin to crouch and defoe who scored 2 goals between them this season
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 26 2011, 07:57

Loughtonlegend wrote:i can see it. players like hutton pav bentley gio take the flack.

harry quick to slag of players he dont like but wont say boo to hes favorites. hes constanley slaggin off pav for not doing much but nuffin to crouch and defoe who scored 2 goals between them this season

It seems to me that you and Harry have a lot in common Lought, based on your comments.

Certain players like Crouch and Defoe take all the flack while you don't say boo to your favourites.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 22:02

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:i can see it. players like hutton pav bentley gio take the flack.

It seems to me that you and Harry have a lot in common Lought, based on your comments.

Certain players like Crouch and Defoe take all the flack while you don't say boo to your favourites.

Lol, 4 easy misses against Blackpool, suddenly became difficult chances because Pav had not played regular, yet Defoe chips the keeper, defender heads against the bar and it comes out to their keeper, yep Defoe is crap!!

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Feb 27 2011, 00:17

ionman34 wrote:

LMAO Very Happy very true plus Arry would of said something to Dawson anyway he slagged him off in his press interview saying Dawson had a shocker. Hutton the big baby could not take it they both played bobbins. As for Defoe Arry has come out and said hes off form. Only player Arry says plays well all the time is Modric even Bale had a couple of turd games.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 07:44

If the report is true then both MEN are to blame. Deep breath guys, . . . . . . . then get back to earning your corn and doing what is best for THE TEAM . . . . . . . .
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Feb 28 2011, 08:15

A sad fact of life comes from the building of the Pyramids. If 25 men can't get the block up the ramp, Kill one of them for lazyness and the other 24 will get it done without further struggle.

Harry weeds out what he thinks is non team players and he makes damm sure the others know about it.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 01 2011, 22:37

Apparently Harry has come out and said he had a groin strain and his ok now, seems to me that not playing him against Blackpool backfired as Hutton will be playing on Sunday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 18:31