The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
refs EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
refs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
refs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
refs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
refs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
refs EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
refs EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
refs EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
refs EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

refs Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

refs

refs Empty refs

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 09:28

i found this and thought i would post as i agree with it

Strikers miss sitters.

Midfielders give the ball away 10 times a game

Defenders make a balls of their offside trap

Keepers let goals in at their near post

Managers pick the wrong team

Coaches choose the wrong formations

....and yet refs can have a good game, make one mistake and suddenly they're incompetent or bent or stupid or blind or all of them?

I am fcuking SICK of the abuse refs are getting. They are dead fcuking right in Scotland. The abuse Neil Lennon was giving the other week was so fcuking out of order. And think of the irony: the manager of the biggest football club in Scotland, and one of the biggest in Britain, got sent off for losing his cool (BIG TIME) on the touchline over an alleged mistake a ref made. Isn't one compelled to point out that getting sent off is a mistake for a manager? A serious lack of professionalism? NOT what a leader is meant to do? And yet that mistake is less of a mistake than whatever mistake the ref made??? fcuk off Lennon you cnut. Outrageous hypocrisy and double standards.

Moreover, the mistake the ref made that started all this controversy off - I've seen it a dozen times and still can't really tell if it was a pen. And the fcuking abuse the ref got! You'd think it was the most obvious and egregious "mistake" ever. It fcuking wasn't.

Well done to the Scottish refs for not taking the abuse, and more importantly, the totally unreasonable expectation that refs achieve faultless performance. Wayne Rooney, one of the best players in the world, can not score for 10 games, then a ref makes 1 mistake in a ManU game and is held to a higher standard - faultlessness - than multi-millionaire Rooney? Total bollox all of it.

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 11:03