The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
season so far EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
season so far EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
season so far EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
season so far EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
season so far EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
season so far EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
season so far EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
season so far EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
season so far EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

season so far Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

season so far

season so far Empty season so far

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 09:40

after 16 games, we had 1 more point than we currently do. We were also 5th and had just lost to Wolves at WHL.

Last season we made an excellent start (4w) and had played Liverpool and United at home, Chelsea and Arsenal away.

We have had a similar start, in terms of the teams played,home & away. We lost 5 games in the first 16, this season we have lost 4.

So the perception this season is that we have not started as strongly as we did last season, but the facts don't back this up. We are well on track.

We did end last season in stunning form....9 wins in the last 12 games and one of those losses was on the last day at Burnely, from 2-0 up, we switched off with nothing to play for. We need to have a similarly decent run of form at some point this season. This run through to the New Year could provide that chance with some winable home games coming up (Newcastle Fulham Chelsea) and some possible results at Blackpool & Villa.

We ended 2009 with 37 points (20 games) so if we are in or around that mark, we know we are on target

I was disappointed about the draw vs Brum , not because it is a poor result, but that it sounded like we had chances to extend our lead, looked very comfortable for 1 hour or so, and let it slip late on. Not a disaster but disappointing. Still, unbeaten in 5 in the league and well place in the league. A target of 11 from the next 15 points will mean 22 points from 30 and represents avery good run to take us in to the New Year.

season so far Empty Re: season so far

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 09:40

2009/10

Played: 16

W: 8 (5H 3A)
    D: 3 (0H 3A)
    L: 5 (3H 2A)

F: 35 (21H 14A)
    A: 22 (8H 14A)

----------------

2010/11

Played: 16

W: 7 (4H 3A)
    D: 5 (3H 2A)
    L: 4 (1H 3A)

F: 24 (13H 11A)
    A: 21 (8H 13A)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 19:58

Nice stats Lought, have a rep. Intresting to see that the perception of falling a bit behind this season is wrong. Add in our C/L games and we are stronger than last year. OK we had Europa Cup matches but not quite the same intensity as C/L . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:31

The main difference i see compared to last season is the goals scored, which is much lower. This time last season we scored 35, and to date we have only notched in 24. With Defoe back, hopefully we can start to stack up the goals tally again.

So January means, new striker time and offload Crouch, Bentley, Keane.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:53

Also, last season the League leaders at this stage were on 40 points as opposed to 32 this time round ...
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Dec 08 2010, 05:23

Vis! i dont think we had any European football last season mate, didnt we we finish 7th the season Redknapp took over from Ramos and were beaten to the UEFA by Fulham???
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 08 2010, 06:14

You are right Lee.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 07:35

LOL just what Jim said about a lack of basic knowledge. My appologies . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Dec 08 2010, 18:19

YOU F***ING IDIOT!!! LOL santa

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 19:52

LOL, I had a blond moment . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 08 2010, 22:20

season so far 103888 Taxi for Vis. lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 08 2010, 22:24

lol @ facking idiot .....season so far 348204

My turn to show my idiocy clown

It's a massive game on Sunday and on most occasions if we were offered a point before kick off, I'd go for it but I'd have to decline that offer this time round, that is until we stop dropping points against the weaker teams can we afford draws at home to the stronger teams....

For example, we can all point to Saturdays game away to tough opposition and say it were a point won at Brum, but we all know deep down it were 2 points dropped and Harry saw it that way too...Draws fall into two categories. A point won or two points lost. This point has to be in the latter category such was our domination for over an hour in this match.
    Win these games like Brum on Saturday and dont fck up against dross like Spams away and Wigan at home and then we can happily take draws against the likes of Chelsea ...

ManUre won the PL 2008-09 in this way

Against the bottom half, they picked up 97% of the points available .

Against the second tier, they picked up 75% of the points available ...

Against the big four , they picked up just 28% of the points available to them ...

This season we've dropped points against weaker teams and can be thankfull that our competitors in the top six have done likewise, so this is why we have to beat the top boys when we play them and I think they will be looking at it that way too...
    Unless a team goes on a winning run , it could be that this season the top team that does best against the teams around them will most likely win the league and it will not be like season 2008-09 ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 18:36