The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
return of pele EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
return of pele EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
return of pele EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
return of pele EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
return of pele EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
return of pele EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
return of pele EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
return of pele EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
return of pele EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

return of pele Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

return of pele

return of pele Empty return of pele

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:42

Perhaps the biggest mistake ever made by a Spurs Board was the premature disposal of the Ginger Pele in his prime. At the start of the 2004-2005 the Clouseau like Jacques Santini sanctioned the sale of this footballing legend, renowned for his flamboyant stepovers, who could be relied upon to excel at centre back or centre forward. [-X

Such versatility is sadly lacking in the modern day Spurs squad. Perhaps ‘Arry will make a cheeky bid for the big man in this transfer window. With the service provided by the boy Bale on the left, the boy Lennon on the right and indeed the boy Beckham when he joins my footballing instincts tell me that the Ginger Pele would emerge as the leading goalscorer in the Premier League this season even though over half of the season is over. Very Happy/

And so my friends please be upstanding for the one and only Gary Doherty this Sunday at the Lane.

return of pele Empty Re: return of pele

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:44

He'll get a proper reception no doubt.

I remember the ginger lad went about 10 or so games on the trot without conceding a goal. Can't remember if it was big Ant that was his CB partner or not at the time. But it was pretty good going.

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 03:20