The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why say things like this? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why say things like this? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why say things like this? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why say things like this? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why say things like this? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why say things like this? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why say things like this? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why say things like this? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why say things like this? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why say things like this? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
BazSpur
6 posters

Why say things like this?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Why say things like this? Empty Why say things like this?

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 14 2011, 18:52

Because it makes you look a muppet if it backfires. I would prefer players to just get on with it quietly.

Why say things like this? 10bet_sports_bonus_468x60_50percent

Van Der Vaart – Spurs will beat Man Utd and win the League!

Why say things like this? VDVTottenham
    Hotspur’s newest star, Rafael Van Der Vaart, is absolutely certain that
    Harry Redknapp has brought together a brilliant squad that is more than
    capable of beating Man Utd at White Hart Lane this weekend, and then
    going on to win the League title.
    Sir Alex Ferguson’s team is still unbeaten in the Premiership this
    season, and Man Utd have an excellent record over Tottenham, but Van Der
    Vaart thinks that won’t count for anything this season.
    “I think we are good enough to win the title. We have the squad to do
    it,” he said. “We also have to respect the little teams, but I think we
    will beat United on Sunday.
    “We at Spurs believe we can win the league. It’s a long way, but I believe we can do it because we have such a good squad.
    “Belief is the biggest word in football – if you believe you can win something, then you can.
    “We have got the squad and I believe we are ready. We played Charlton
    in the FA Cup last week, changed the team completely and still won.
    “I’m very happy with the team, we have great players and we are going to play for many years together.”
    Well if confidence could put points on the board, then Tottenham
    would certainly have lots of them by now! It would certainly make the
    Premiership wide open again if they manage to take all three points off
    Man Utd.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Why say things like this? Empty Re: Why say things like this?

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 14 2011, 20:56

[b]I like it Baz, I like to see the belief from players like VDV because it's not like they are going into this game thinking the points are already won. If the team believes they are good enough then this is exactly what we have wanted from them for a number of seasons now.

I have been believing this since before the season began, as you know. We have all commented that we want to see this kind of belief in our players, well now here it is.

VDV is well respected in the team, looked up to by the other players as he's been there and done it. These kind of comments, I believe, will fire the team up and get them playing that much better.

VDV's comments have given me butterflies .......... But in a good way. I'm excited about this game as I really feel that we are going to turn these red tosspots over in a big way. I mean I have a REAL good feeling and when I get that feeling it invariably bodes well.

Come on mate, live the dream. VDV is right, we ARE good enough to beat the Mancs, we ARE good enough to win the league and it's about time the players started buying into that belief.[/
    b]

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14 2011, 23:47

I always like the players to keep quiet ion so i know where baz is coming from.

But i have £20 with a man utd mate on the game and i really think we are ready to beat them.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 14 2011, 23:53

I think we can beat them but would much prefer players to keep it to themselves ion. I am with you mate I think this team is very close to being a team that could win the Prem. Lets just hope the confidence of VDV is translated into a win on Sunday.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 03:12

everytime we play arsenal or man u we mouth off before the game and lose. this time aganst arsenal we didnt say anythin on the eve of the game.

i would rather vdv not say anything

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 06:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:everytime we play arsenal or man u we mouth off before the game and lose. this time aganst arsenal we didnt say anythin on the eve of the game.

i would rather vdv not say anything

God bless vdv lought ! he knows its our turn to beat them, no ref will do us out of this fcking game.... cheers Pride

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 09:45

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is confident his side will become the first team to beat Manchester United in the league this season on Sunday.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s men have not lost any of their 20 top flight matches this term but the Spurs manager insists his side can end their run at White Hart Lane this weekend.
    “We’re not an outsider playing against red hot favourites,” said Redknapp. “It’s a very evenly balanced game between two good teams and I don’t think there’s an awful lot between us.
    “We don’t fear anybody. You’ve got to believe you can win the game and there’s no reason we shouldn’t believe that. When we play well we’re as exciting as anybody.”
    Fourth-placed Spurs are eight points behind Sir Alex’s table-toppers and Redknapp believes his side need to win on Sunday to retain any hopes of winning the league – and he expects this year’s title race to go down to the wire.
    “It’s a game we need to win to keep us in there,” he said. “It’s so close that getting in the top four is going to be hard. There are five teams scrapping it out and we’re one of those teams again.
    “I wouldn’t write Manchester City off, I wouldn’t write Arsenal off and even Chelsea are capable of going on a run. Those teams can go and win eight out of the next 10 and draw a couple. It’s very open, I don’t think any one team is on another level to the others.”
    Redknapp also all but ended speculation over a possible loan move for David Beckham by revealing there is no deal on the cards. The LA Galaxy midfielder has been training with Spurs this week during the MLS off-season and despite showing interest, the Tottenham boss says the former England captain will not be joining the North London side.
    “I would have liked him to play,” said Redknapp. “If he could have come until the end of the season that would have been great.”
    And Redknapp revealed he won’t be quizzing Beckham over his former club ahead of Sunday’s showdown. He said: “Manchester United is part of his life and I don’t think he’d want to do that. What can I ask him? A lot of the players weren’t there when he was there and I wouldn’t put him in that position, it wouldn’t be fair.”
    He added: “If he wants to come in to our dressing room or go into theirs (on Sunday) that won’t be a problem, but I don’t know whether he fancies coming or not.”

http://www.thesportreview.com
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:55

I know where you are coming from Baz. If you think you can beat them then go out and do it just saying it doesn't make it happen all it does is make the opposition try that bit harder.

I agree we are good enough to beat any team on our day but we are still not consistent enough, look at the Everton game.
    I would be much happier if we said nothing and did everything.

Mikey M
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jan 15 2011, 19:18

I believe we can beat these fcukers, but Lew i dont share your confidence on the Ref thing, Who is the ref that will send 1 of our players off Sunday or award United a pen anyway???

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 21:03

Dean i think lee!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jan 15 2011, 21:17

I was interested to see the comment regarding VDV been there and done that. Unless I have misunderstood his career trajectory he won nothing whilst at Madrid and was offloaded - he won nothing at Hamburg - it may be that while with Ajax he won a trophy a few years back but PSV were champions for a few years running

This sort of silly comment may indicate the lack of a trophy is getting to the player

Innit Dave ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:13

anicoll5 wrote:I was interested to see the comment regarding VDV been there and done that. Unless I have misunderstood his career trajectory he won nothing whilst at Madrid and was offloaded - he won nothing at Hamburg - it may be that while with Ajax he won a trophy a few years back but PSV were champions for a few years running

This sort of silly comment may indicate the lack of a trophy is getting to the player

Innit Dave ?

The comment was 'been there and done it', not been there and won it.

Might I suggest stronger lenses old bean?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:23

anicoll5 wrote:I was interested to see the comment regarding VDV been there and done that. Unless I have misunderstood his career trajectory he won nothing whilst at Madrid and was offloaded - he won nothing at Hamburg - it may be that while with Ajax he won a trophy a few years back but PSV were champions for a few years running

Innit Dave ?

Could be Nic, just doesnt come across as sour grapes, nah mean!!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:11

Innit Dave ?

Nic, I didn't think you were overley intrested in the comments of players ? Y'know when the programme finishes switch off end of, players should stick to playing, that kind of a thing . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:56

Whoops, walked straight into that one Nic. As ion says "Might I suggest stronger lenses old bean" Why say things like this? 348204 Why say things like this? 103888

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:38