The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
anicoll5
DJSR
6 posters

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol Empty Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

Post by DJSR Tue Jan 18 2011, 00:39

Looks like Bent is off to Villa for a staggering 24m !!! Unbelievable, what a waste of money!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol Empty Re: Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jan 18 2011, 00:49

Does Arry know ? Think what his Sandra must be worth !!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 18 2011, 01:07

lol!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 01:52

PMSL that means Villa will have Emile Hesky & Emile Hesky JNR

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 02:54

11 prem goals this season compared to crouch 1
    25 goals last season compared to crouch 5

how can somone whos scored goals in the prem wherever hes gone. hes english top scored 4 out the last 5 seasons

how is that a waste of money

buyin keane back for 15 mill is a waste of money

anyway i bet its not for villa thats just a smoke screen it prob be chelsea or liverpool he goes to

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:04

hes prem recored this season is 1 goal in 2 games and thats with him being injured a lot
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Jan 19 2011, 06:08

money grabbing scum hate him Sunderland rescued his career to be honest i remember when he went i feel at home here Bruce is a great manager. Whatever yes then when Villa who to be fair are about the same as Sunderland come in hes out like a shot least it gives us 4 million lol!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 09:50

i heard he told steve bruce in the summer he not settled. hes goal scoring record this season is better then all our strikers
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jan 19 2011, 18:10

..... and were still above them in the leauge Lought, you really need to let of the past pal. Look to future and what our club can achieve not some other club!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jan 19 2011, 20:07

HotspurRoper wrote:..... and were still above them in the leauge Lought, you really need to let of the past pal. Look to future and what our club can achieve not some other club!!

Behave Ropes. If Lought wasn't bigging up the players of other teams, whilst slagging off Spurs players, I see VDV is getting it in the neck now, then he'd have sweet FA to say on here! lol!

I'd say Lought is dreading when we move Crouch on. He's the only one he's ever been right about, hence why we see the same stats rolled out at least 5 times a day on as many different posts.

Same story with the managers. Wasn't it Lought who claimed that MON was a better manager than Harry?
    Wasn't it Lought who claimed that Coppell was better than Jol?

Lought's focus is all on form. If your form is good then you are superb, if your form goes bad you're out the door.

I've noted a drop in Bales form of late .................. I'm sure I've also heard the grind of knives being sharpened too.

Watch your back Moddle.

lmao lmao lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 19 2011, 22:24

A stinging rebuke by ion. Funny though lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jan 19 2011, 23:13

BazSpur wrote:A stinging rebuke by ion. Funny though lol.

I don't think there's one of us on here that doesn't like Lought Baz, but I've seen photo negatives that were more positive!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 19 2011, 23:47

lol!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jan 20 2011, 03:05

If Darren Bent is supposedly worth £18 million in cash and up to £24 million with add ons why is £25 million for Suarez 'absurd' ?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jan 20 2011, 08:15

[quote="anicoll5"]If Darren Bent is supposedly worth £18 million in cash and up to £24 million with add ons why is £25 million for Suarez 'absurd' ?

Where does it say that Nic?

I've seen statements that 30 mill for Carroll is absurd, which I happen to agree with, but I've not seen that about Suarez.
    I think 25 mill is probably the ceiling for Suarez and does present somewhat of a gamble. However, from what I've seen of him, it's a gamble I feel is well worth taking. We create lots of chances, he appears to have a knack for finding the best positions for receiving the ball.

Match made in Heaven me reckons.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jan 20 2011, 08:51

it was a quote from Anfield reported in the Dutch press - I don't think it is too far from the rightmarket price in an admittedly crazy market
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jan 20 2011, 09:42

anicoll5 wrote: it was a quote from Anfield reported in the Dutch press - I don't think it is too far from the rightmarket price in an admittedly crazy market

Agreed. He is an established International, scoring for fun in a recognised European league within a team widely regarded as one of the European greats.

When you compare his valuation with that of Bent and Carroll, he's actually a snip at 25 mill .......................

Can't believe I just said that
    lol!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jan 20 2011, 20:41

Not only a tidy goalscorer but willing to take a red card for the team - if you recall Luis' contribution to the World Cup !

Harald Schumacher was shocked ( it is said)

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 21:33

Darren Bent's move from Sunderland to Aston Villa confirms player loyalty has gone to the dogs
    If you want loyalty, get a dog. Mickey Duff, as head of a cartel of old-school boxing promoters, was fond of invoking that expression to describe relationships in the noble art. But had he happened this week to observe the movements of one Darren Ashley Bent, he might just as easily have extended his pithy advice to football managers.
    The words, surely, would resonate with Steve Bruce, the most conspicuous victim in Bent’s forsaking of Sunderland for Aston Villa, and a man still gnashing his teeth over the type of betrayal a golden retriever would never have countenanced.

Having grown up in the company of two such animals, I can vouch for them as the best barometers of loyalty: trusting, true and steadfast. Everything, in short, that the modern Premier League player is not.

Duff’s favourite phrase had an adjunct: If you want loyalty and attention, get a smart dog. Bent might struggle to grasp the point. The last time this lizard-like striker stomped his feet in hope of a transfer — to Sunderland, ironically enough — he couched his thoughts to Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, thus: “Do I wanna go Hull City. No. Do I wanna go Stoke. No. Do I wanna go Sunderland. Yes.”

Million-pound negotiations, conducted via Twitter? This gives some clue as to the level at which Bent and his brethren operate. In plotting the next stage of his career, he sounds like an eight year-old being refused the latest rollerblades.

Where Bent’s online inanities represent the death of proper English, the sheer brass neck of his move to Villa might be said to signify the death of loyalty as a sporting ideal. I am aware that this will invite accusations of melodrama and that in a hyper-capitalist league, loyalty is only ever, it appears, a commodity to be traded. But I would refer any detractors to an interview Bent gave in October, eulogising the attractions of the North East.

“I like the place,” he claimed. “I like the people. I play for Sunderland but I live in Newcastle and the people are great there, too. I get the fans telling me I signed for the wrong club but it’s a really nice part of the world.”

His message spoke of humility, contentment and, dare one whisper it, empathy with the supporters. Those impressions have been erased as definitively as his apparently self-serving departure for Villa has defiled the red and white shirt.

His first statement at Villa Park appeared calculated to compound the agony on Wearside. “I had some good times at Sunderland but that’s all behind me now.” Behind him! He could not have acted more insensitively had he been mocking a jilted lover.

But perhaps a part of Bent’s elaborate game was to pose as one who had abandoned his metropolitan background at Charlton Athletic and Tottenham to slum it in the provinces. It worked for disciples at the Stadium of Light, who tolerated his injuries this season and indulged his pre-Christmas dip, which brought only one goal in five games.

Amid the outrage at Bent’s exit among his former followers, there is also a note of sullen acceptance, as if he could not be expected to turn the other cheek at a 30 per cent pay rise to perform the same job somewhere else.

That is a dispiriting school of thought. What, then, is there left for fans to believe? Does it mean that every time they watch their idols kiss the club badge, they are watching nothing but a cruel counterfeit?

Bent’s behaviour is rendered all the more crass by its timing. In one act of supreme self-interest, he has broken the last frayed threads of the link between a footballer and his community — a connection symbolised by Nat Lofthouse, who died on Saturday aged 85, having spent every one of his playing days at Bolton Wanderers.

The “‘Lion of Vienna”’ earned his nickname through an inspired display for England against Austria, but he would always be remembered most fondly for his deeds in west Lancashire, where in 1946 he began 14 years of unbroken professional service. Bent, having forged a career from limited talent and unfeasible transfer fees, looks third-rate by comparison.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jan 20 2011, 23:21

Why would Steve Bruce be gnashing his teeth about Bent's lack of loyalty Vis ? The manager who walked out in Palace for a better job, walked out on Wigan twice for the same reason and - oh yeah - walked out on Birmingham to go back t oWigan who he had walked out on earlier - confusing innit - before taking over at the SoL

And as a player did he hesitate when ManYoo came calling at Carrow Road ?

When I am convening my international conference on loyalty I probably wont be asking Steve Bruce to deliver the keynote speech Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 04:11

yep wel said. anyone darren never settled up there. he was gettin raciest threats and told steve bruce in the summer he wanted to go. steve bruce has had plenty of time to find a new striker

like you say if a bigger team came in for bruce he would be off

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 08:41

LOL guy's the Benty fan club is recognised. Such a shame he couldn't cut the mustard at Spurs . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:09

darren bent scored 18 goals in 60 prem games. hes goals have come aganst top teams. he scored aganst arsenal in 4 4 . hes scored 3 goals aganst man u. 1 aganst chelsea.

out of them 60 games im sure half was him as a sub.
    crouch has g0t 9 goals in 60 games and he has started prob 45/50 games

im sure if darren was with us now we would be closer to the top and be our top forward thiss season which i think is pav on 2 defoe got 1 and crouch has 1

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:10

the amount of chances our strikers miss im sure darren bent the 2nd top english striker would of scored a few
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:darren bent scored 18 goals in 60 prem games. hes goals have come aganst top teams. he scored aganst arsenal in 4 4 . hes scored 3 goals aganst man u. 1 aganst chelsea.

out of them 60 games im sure half was him as a sub.
    crouch has g0t 9 goals in 60 games and he has started prob 45/50 games

im sure if darren was with us now we would be closer to the top and be our top forward thiss season which i think is pav on 2 defoe got 1 and crouch has 1

This is a pre recorded message.

I'm sorry, Loughtonguy is not here at the moment but if you can stomach reading through yet another diatribe about how every other team, player, manager, stat or record wipes the floor of everything about Tottenham Hotspur, then please leave a message and Loughtonguy will get back to you to bitch and whine in person.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 16:15