The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
anicoll5
DJSR
6 posters

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:38

lol!

Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren Bent to Villa 24m !!! lol

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:49

ion when people say darren bent is rubbish ill defend him.

im sure if i list the stats on all our strikers compared to darren bent then you wil see why i think our strikers arent good enough. if defoe ever hits a purple patch or score away to a top team can somone make a note of it because defoe 29 and is running out of time

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:21

Yup time to put Pavy to the Benty test. Swap deal mega-quick with Villa and get him back to The Lane eh ? Lought I've posted elsewhere that Bent has a better record than Crouchinio, and for teams like like Ipswich & Charlton probably better then some of our other strikers past & indeed present, but the fact is Bent was sh*t at Spurs. If he wasn't he would still be turning out for US on his way to another 30+ goals this season . . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:ion when people say darren bent is rubbish ill defend him.

im sure if i list the stats on all our strikers compared to darren bent then you wil see why i think our strikers arent good enough. if defoe ever hits a purple patch or score away to a top team can somone make a note of it because defoe 29 and is running out of time

1) Why defend him? He's not a Spurs player.

2) You don't defend him, you use him as a vehicle to attack Spurs strikers. Every time. Without fail.

3) You don't even need to have Bent, or the peanut headed Taarabt, mentioned by others to attack Spurs players. It wasn't so long ago that you started a Crouch thread, claiming that you weren't attacking him, before you used his stats to attack him.

4) Every single poster on here, bar none, agrees that he is nowhere near good enough to lead our line, and that his goal return is dire. We don't need his stats posted up here 5 times a day to realise this. Yet you carry on regardless.

5) Do you understand the meaning of the word 'Supporter'? I'm not being facetious here mate, I simply have my doubts. You wax lyrical about Pav who, let's be honest here, is a fairly ordinary striker. I agree with you that, stats wise, he's currently the best we have, but ask yourself the same question you ask about every other player, what other top 4 side would he get into?
    We are all of the same opinion, NONE of our strikers are good enough to lead the line in a title challenging side, but whilst they wear the Lillywhite they NEED to be supported to get the best out of them.

That's ALL of the strikers, not just your favourites.

6) Why is it that you constantly feel the need to Champion non Spurs players whilst you attack our own? They're gone mate, never to return. Who cares what they are doing elsewhere? We won't be getting them back so the constant harping does nothing more than create friction on the site.
    Yes, Bent didn't really get a fair shake. I no longer care, he's not Spurs.
    Yes, Taarabt is talented and could have, maybe, offered us a little something at times. I no longer care, he's not Spurs.
    Crouch is Spurs.
    Keane is Spurs.
    Palacios is Spurs.
    Sandro is Spurs.
    Huddlestone is Spurs.
    VDV is Spurs.
    Jenas is Spurs.
    Dawson is Spurs.

The list is longer but I can't be arsed to put any more up.

And the purpose of the above list?

These are all players that, at one time or another, you've taken a shot at if their form has dropped. As I said, the list is longer, that should give you an idea of what I'm getting at.
    I appreciate that you are not alone in this Lought, I've even expressed concerns about certain players myself, but I've never slagged them off and never whilst singing the praises of other teams, players, managers et al.

You see what I'm getting at here mate.

We all have regrets about what could have been, the rest of us though have moved on.

I truly like you Lought, you are a genuinely nice bloke but you seriously need to learn to bite your tongue on some subjects. It's fine to admire the players of other teams but using them to bash our own players will always put the vast majority of the rest of us offside with you.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 12:14

well i think vis rates crouch. he seems to put pav down yet hardly ever crouch

im glad you agree that at times adel would offer us sumthing differnt

i agree pav aint as good as we all make our but i think hes the best we have in terms of a goalscorer and that includes defoe who i feel would make a better impact player

and its good that you noted that bent didnt get fair crack of the whip at spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 21 2011, 12:20

I agree ion. And to be perfectly frank I have berated players on here before but at least they play for us. I like you am not interested one jot what Bent, Tarrabt, or anyone else that has gone from Spurs to another club does. They are no longer part of this great club of ours. I couldn't care if they score a hundred goals for QPR, Aston Villa or Birmingham. I just aint interested. All it means to me is they are scoring for their current team but couldn't do it for us for whatever reason.They may not have been given the time I don't know and to be quite honest and blatent I couldn't give a fcuk. They are not part of Spurs anymore. I am only interested in the players currently turning out for us.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 21 2011, 15:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:well i think vis rates crouch. he seems to put pav down yet hardly ever crouch

i agree pav aint as good as we all make our but i think hes the best we have in terms of a goalscorer and that includes defoe who i feel would make a better impact player

and its good that you noted that bent didnt get fair crack of the whip at spurs.

You've thoroughly missed the point of the entire post Lought. Taarabt MIGHT HAVE but he's Spurs no longer so I don't care.

Bent I don't care about, he's gone too.

The point of the post is that you carry on like a defence lawyer over these two players whilst bagging out virtually every Spurs player currently in the squad.

THAT is the point of the post. Bollox to Bent & Taarabt. They are no longer Spurs so, therefore, no longer provide a ping on my radar, other than to bag them whenever they play against us.

They seem to be the greater focus of your life though.

Are you Spurs or are you AdelBentPav?

It seems that line has blurred into obscurity for you.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 19:48

Loughtonlegend wrote:well i think vis rates crouch. he seems to put pav down yet hardly ever crouch

Lought, I rate Crouchinio as a squad member & as a team player. That team being Tottenham. The work he does for the greater good of the team is immense and IMO praiseworthy.Also he is a SPURS player. OK he dosen't score enough, not nearly enough, but when he is on the pitch he gives 100% and he gives it for SPURS. Pavy I may have dug at, tounge in cheek, as light relief to your constant moaning about other Spurs players. Now if we could mix Crouchinios work rate & Pavys goals we may have the striker we all agree we need at present . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jan 22 2011, 01:57

Seems to me Lought is making a perfectly sensible point not just about players who have been discarded by Tottenham but about the reasons why Arry decides some will stay and some will go - which certainly does have a relevance to your club today and tomorrow.

Why did Arry get rid of Bent ? Was Sandra really that good - or was Darren the sort of mouthy bloke who would not hush up to the manager's regime. As Lought points out ( quite often) he has scored a lot of goals

This time last year he was on the phone trying to unload Pavlyuchenko and Bale - luckily his powers of persuasion were not up to it. This years its Keane and probably Crouch on the way, another two who have evidently crossed Arry's view of proper respect for the manager.

So if you are happy that out of sight is out of mind fair enough - but who's next though for the fall out followed by the heav-ho ?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 04:33

but i dont think crouch does any good for the team as a forward player. he cant head. he never jumps. you would think he would win almost all headers with hes height but he hardly wins any
    he waste so many chances because hes to slow to react. watch modric when hes got the ball he looks at crouch then wont pass because he knows crouch is to slow. hes shootin is so bad he can not generate power in hes shots

hes only good when he comes back and helps the defenders.

i get so wound up when i see him shrug hes neck and smile when he misses another easy chance.

im so sure if we had any other striker playin he would have more then 1 goal wich is what crouch has all season .

and you will say well he scored the goal aganst man c even though it hit hes head and he missed so many chances in that game

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 06:00

Crouch

2010/11 Barclays Premier League

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS
    22 -------1------- 6 ------36

5 goals in whole of the year2010

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 11:06