The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
More Deadly Ledley Problems EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

More Deadly Ledley Problems Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

More Deadly Ledley Problems

More Deadly Ledley Problems Empty More Deadly Ledley Problems

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:00

Tottenham captain Ledley King faces groin surgery

Tottenham Hotspur captain Ledley King is to undergo an operation on his injured groin on Wednesday.

The central defender has not played since tearing the muscle in Spurs' 2-1 league win at Fulham on 16 October.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that King, 30, is "nowhere near" a return after a recurrence of the injury during training in January.

With Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul also out, Jonathan Woodgate may start the game at Blackburn on Wednesday.

King, who also suffers from chronic knee problems, has made only four league appearances this season and his campaign may now be over as he prepares for surgery.
    The centre-half, who won the most recent of his 21 England caps against the United States in June 2010, has suffered an injury-interrupted career, but appeared in 20 of Tottenham's Premier League matches last season.

His latest lay-off intensifies Redknapp's problems in the centre of defence.

Dawson is serving a three-match ban after being sent off in Tottenham's 4-0 defeat by Fulham in the FA Cup fourth round and Kaboul is out for six weeks because he requires surgery on his injured knee.

William Gallas, who came on as a substitute in the wake of Dawson's dismissal on Sunday, is playing despite being hampered by a hip injury.

Cameroon international Sebastien Bassong is fit, while Bongani Khumalo, who is yet to play for the club since signing from South African side Supersport, and versatile full-back Vedran Corluka could be pressed into service alongside him.

Woodgate has not played since November 2009 after suffering groin trouble of his own.

But the former Real Madrid man has returned to light training and played in two practice matches against Charlton and QPR in Janaury.

"It is a massive gamble for me the club and for Woody for sure," said Redknapp.

"He has not played a game yet of any significance but he is in my mind because he is such a fantastic player.

"I'm dreaming that he can come in and be somewhere near what he was straight away which is not easy."

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

More Deadly Ledley Problems Empty Re: More Deadly Ledley Problems

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:19

God forbid I would reduce your suffering Vis or your fellow Spuds but Dawson is serving a one match ban not a three match ban
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:41

If ledders had played for ars-e with his current ongoing problems

I expect he would have been sent sold to some russian team by now

mention no names cough " edaurdo "
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:49

anicoll5 wrote:God forbid I would reduce your suffering Vis or your fellow Spuds but Dawson is serving a one match ban not a three match ban

from the bbc

Dawson will serve a three-match ban for the red card he earned in conceding a first-half penalty at Craven Cottage.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:53

From the Disciplinary section of FA.Com

Tottenham Hotspur FC MICHAEL DAWSON 30/01/2011 02/02/2011 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 30/01/2011.

Look it up if you dont believe me - and tell someone at the BBC to look it up too skill
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:57

LOBO wrote:If ledders had played for ars-e with his current ongoing problems

I expect he would have been sent sold to some russian team by now

mention no names cough " edaurdo "

And if Ledley was a horse I would have put him out of his misery a while back

I really wonder whether at 30 + he might not just be better hanging up the boots and getting on with the next stage of his life whatever that is
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:10

anicoll5 wrote:From the Disciplinary section of FA.Com

Tottenham Hotspur FC MICHAEL DAWSON 30/01/2011 02/02/2011 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 30/01/2011.

Look it up if you dont believe me - and tell someone at the BBC to look it up too skill

so it is, what do you get 3 games for then?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:20

Well spotted Nic. I really should proof read my copy & pastes LOL. scratch

Dave I thought 3 match bans where for straight red cards or for those involving violent conduct. Must admit I thought Daws was given a straight red so when I read the article I posted thought it was correct at the time of going to press lol . . . . . .
    No
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:29

VisionarySound wrote:Well spotted Nic. I really should proof read my copy & pastes LOL. scratch

Dave I thought 3 match bans where for straight red cards or for those involving violent conduct. Must admit I thought Daws was given a straight red so when I read the article I posted thought it was correct at the time of going to press lol . . . . . .
    No

Put over his knee and spanked on the bot by Nic, oh the shame!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 04:48