The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star?

Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? Empty Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19 2011, 07:23

Tottenham are set to bring a 17-year-old player to White Hart Lane for as much as £15 million according to the Daily Mirror. Connor Wickham scored a hat-trick during his side’s 6-0 Doncaster on Tuesday and is considered one of the brightest talents in the country.

The England Under-21 striker is reported to have an agreement with Tottenham for first refusal on the player. The Ipswich owner Marcus Evans has connections with Spurs and will be happy to let the player go to White Hart Lane at the end of the season, for the right price.

Wickham made his debut for Ipswich’s first team in 2009 at the age of 16. Since then he has played 58 games and scored 11 goals for Ipswich. He has also represented England at the U16, U17, U19 and U21 levels.

There are multiple connections between the two clubs which would facilitate the move. Youth coach Bryan Klug used to be the director of the Ipswich academy, while Tottenham scout Charlie Woods used to be a coach at Ipswich as well.

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell said about the young player “He can go all the way in the game as he’s got all the tools of the trade in his box. Connor handles all the speculation surrounding him well”.

Although other Premier League clubs also want the player, it looks like Harry Redknapp and Totenham have the best chances of signing the talented youngster

Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? Empty Re: Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19 2011, 11:53

whats the point. we always do this then loan him them back out and they dont do anything.

if your good enough your old enough
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star? Empty Re: Tottenham willing to pay £15m for young English star?

Post by anicoll5 Sun Feb 20 2011, 01:55

Wickham is certainly big enough - for a 17 year oldie looks about 23
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Feb 20 2011, 18:52

Never seen him play at all.....anyone know anymore about him? I do think £15 million is alot for a 17 year old? Can he really be that good?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Feb 20 2011, 23:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:whats the point. we always do this then loan him them back out and they dont do anything.

if your good enough your old enough

all about money lought thats what the premiership is
    investing for tomorrow , making money, something we are good at thank god
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:39

I did say when the transfer window was on in January if we only buy 2 players let them be Wickham and Chamberlain as they are really hot and in my opinion ready for the 1st team squad now.They would cost a fair bit for teenagers but a lot less than other so called "stars" at inflated prices.

But I also said that all the top 4 clubs were interested and I can see us missing out again as we drag our heels once more in the transfer window.

I really would like to see these two at the Lane.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:53

I'd like to see that too Mikey. Spot on mate. Have a rep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:17