The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Change the record. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Change the record. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Change the record. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Change the record. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Change the record. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Change the record. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Change the record. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Change the record. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Change the record. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Change the record. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Change the record.

Change the record. Empty Change the record.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 17:54

You know i havent posted on here for a short while, the reason is because i read the same thing after each match, the postmortem after a loss is usually the same, wrong tactics,misfiring strikers, harry should have done this or done that....everyone knows the answer on here apart from the bloke actually making the decisions that funny enough have held us in great stead for the last 2 years and almost taken us to the last 8 of a best teams in europe competition, looking from a distance at it all it looks pointless (as we were last night)

I am not quite sure if injuries were mentioned in the numerous threads ? i am sure they were but i gave up looking in the end.

As i said the postmortems after a loss are the same old.........as they are after a win,cries of "harry got it right" modric was brilliant as was all the team etc etc.points are given lavishly out to players.

Perhaps its me, perhaps i am getting cynical in my old age, but come on some of you change the record from time to time.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Change the record. Empty Re: Change the record.

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:26

Lew i hope some of that wasnt directed towards me, as " my glass half full" approach to last nights game shows in some of the posts i made last night. Unlike some i thought we played really well and 2nd half iv never seen anything like the onslaught i witnessed last night but the ball just wouldnt cross the line and some praise must go to Blackpool defensively they were solid, as for dishing out player points i seldom do that but on occasions i do give extra praise where i think due in this case Modric and Lennon last night. i think i read in 1 post that Lennon went into hiding last night which i thought was a joke he was constantly on the ball and bombing towards there left back and at times 2 of them.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 19:03

I had no particular person in mind lee and thats the honest truth.

Over the last couple of weeks i have taken a couple of steps back from the board because lots of it reads the same after a defeat or after a win.

I hate it when spurs lose but football is football, we laugh when man utd , the goons or chelsea slip up against these little teams but when we do it, then its a major catastrophy, with of course the usual suspects to blame.

Last night was really a massive game for us, 3 points would have put pressure on man city and chelsea but it didnt happen for whatever reason.

My man utd mate said it should be 3 easy points for you, but it depends on what blackpool side turns up........unfortunately for us the goalie was charmed and we lost to a penalty and a full back schoolboy error.

Thats football..........
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Feb 23 2011, 19:43

Lew its the same of every team when a team loses the fans say what they want why do u think they get booed off when they lose and cheered off when they win. Look at Arrys press conference after the game slagging our strikers off but when they have played well he praises them simples to me.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 22:02

MarkA249 wrote:Lew its the same of every team when a team loses the fans say what they want why do u think they get booed off when they lose and cheered off when they win. Look at Arrys press conference after the game slagging our strikers off but when they have played well he praises them simples to me.

Thats right mark you tell him lol! repped

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:48

MarkA249 wrote:Lew its the same of every team when a team loses the fans say what they want why do u think they get booed off when they lose and cheered off when they win. Look at Arrys press conference after the game slagging our strikers off but when they have played well he praises them simples to me.

Mark ! the point is that it gets to the point of being boring, and hypocritical, the incessant slagging off of defoe and crouch, i have never rated bassong much but even he is getting flak now and he hardly plays.

Sure the fans boo when their team loses, thats natural, what is being posted on here is rhetoric until we all are bloody well brainwashed with it all.

I havent posted much because a load of stuff is always about defoe and crouch, dont you think both defoe and crouch know they arent delivering, ? do you think they go out during a game not wanting to bang a few in, ffs they are well known prem strikers and as such are well tagged by defenders, take a look at rooney scoring rate at the moment.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:51

take a look at rooney scoring rate at the moment.

Yep, spot on and Ole Red Nose persists with him. Why? because he knows he isn't going to get his scoring form back by sticking him on the bench.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:58

Repped baz ! thats absolutely nailed on the problem, defoe and crouch will score but they wont do it being dropped....and for who ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:14

Well, that's it Lew, we only have 3 Strikers now so, not much of a choice is there? Pav, Defoe, Crouch take your pick. ion and others put their finger on the problem. We didn't push hard enough to get a decent couple of strikers in the transfer windows. to me that is the only area we fall down on. Our strikers and specifically one who can lead the line.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:26

We didn't push hard enough to get a decent couple of strikers in the transfer windows. to me that is the only area we fall down on. Our strikers and specifically one who can lead the line.

Baz, that too has been debated to death and i was as disappointed as the next man that we didnt bring in a quality 4th striker, what i dont want is to pay over the odds for someone that may or may not make the difference and if a player dont want to come or his club dont want to sell ,what can we do?. But with a makeshift defence for most of the season, its a miracle we are where we are, if you dont concede goals, you dont lose matches, no matter what the strikers do.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:34

its a forum so people should expect banter.

and rooney has 5 goals this season and he offers sumthing to the team unlike defoe
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:55

I agree with your point Lew to be honest i have been tad harsh on them its just the moment when your watching them u just go mad when they miss stupid chances Torres Rooney all not scoring at moment every striker goes through bad patches. As for Crouch he does offer u something even though is shooting is a bit iffy and Defoe will come good 1 bad spell does not make u rubbish
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:09

MarkA249 wrote:I agree with your point Lew to be honest i have been tad harsh on them its just the moment when your watching them u just go mad when they miss stupid chances Torres Rooney all not scoring at moment every striker goes through bad patches. As for Crouch he does offer u something even though is shooting is a bit iffy and Defoe will come good 1 bad spell does not make u rubbish

Exactly Mark, Defoe has a career record of about 1 in 2.7 games and Lought posts that we should sell him!! we all know that the longer it goes on, the more he snatches at chances, but Pav had 2 open goal headers and a couple of shots right in front of goal and couldnt score, do we sell him too?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 15:03