The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Change of tactics EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Change of tactics EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Change of tactics EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Change of tactics EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Change of tactics EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Change of tactics EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Change of tactics EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Change of tactics EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Change of tactics EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Change of tactics Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Change of tactics

Change of tactics Empty Change of tactics

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 08:43

We should be getting close to some of our 'walking wounded' getting close to fitness again. When this happens we will have a sublime squad to choose from. Been giving some thought to what could then be our strongest/best line-up, maybe, kinda thing, fantasy football scenario ? Now do we stick to 4-4-2 or should 'arry change formation and tatics and look to attack teams ? I've said elsewhere we need players to be confident & on top of their games for this to happen. With this in mind, and hoping that this will be the case, I'm looking at a line-up that, in theorey, should be able to rip teams apart but counter any opposistion . . . . . .

Gomes
    Gallas Dawson Kaboul
    Thudd
    Bale Modric Lennon
    VDV
    Pavy Defoe
    I've gone for 3 at the back as often in games opposistion will only leave 1 man up. Why use 4 ? Even if they have 2 up 3 men should cover this. Thudd could drop back to make a flat back four with Gallas & Kaboul going to full-back. I've not used Ledders as he seems to be unable to complete 90 minutes and I wonder if he will again ? No point in risking a defender who won't finish the game ? If we stay at 3 at the back then Thudd sweeps and dictates from deep. He can always push up and Bale drop back to the left full-back slot, if nescesary, then Gallas & Daws central and Kaboul right back. If we stick with 3 when Thudd pushes up Moddle or VDV or Bale, again, sit back. Midfield has pace wide either side but 2 players who can cover up & down the pitch. Same with Moddle. He has shown this season his defensive game is progressing and to have him central gives him the chance to defend, link play or go forward. If we switch formation then Moddle goes left when Bale drops back and VDV drops back central alongside Thudd. A fit & thriving Lennon as we know can go wide or central at pace. VDV gets a 'hole' type role to give him license to roam where-ever he wants on the pitch. We have cover in every slot to allow him this. This is a guy who learnt his trade at Ajax, the home of total football, and the 'hole' role, I think, would allow him to do this and encourage others to try as well. 2 guys up front for me. Pavy with his ability to drop off & wide yet still get into the box & JermainMan as the out & out "goal-poacher", 18 yard box man. But even he will drop off and go wide allowing runs from VDV, Moddle et al to swarm the box and pressure teams in areas that hurt them. As for subs; lol aint given that much thought but I suppose Sandra, Crouch, King, Hutton, Ekotto, Walker (on-loan I know) and all the rest dosen't constitute a bad bench at all of outfield players - deep joy. I don't advocate this line-up for every game but I do think, in my humble opinion, it is our strongest and would scare many opposistion teams & play the football, we the fans want to see & also get results. This is a fluid side with players adept in more than one posistion and who should be able to cover for team-mates moving elsewhere on the pitch and also be able to adapt to a swift change of formation if required . . . .. .

Change of tactics Empty Re: Change of tactics

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 18:00

I think Harry will play 4-5-1 with crouch up front on his own.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Oct 20 2010, 19:17

I think its damage limitation time , i don't see many people going with a Spurs win here and rightly so we are after all playing the current holders, will arry play 5 4 1 , no matter what formation we put out its going to be tuff , but hey lets not be to down haerted we have a great oppertunity and anything can happen, harry i feel will play it safe and wait to we get them on our own turf, we have Everton on Saturday so one eye is needed on the prem and players need to rest./.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Oct 20 2010, 23:01

We've got to go for it and not play too defensively. If we do, we could regret it, we should just go for it i think!

Gomes

Hutton Gallas Bassong Ekotto

Thudds

Lennon Palacios Bale

Modders

Crouch

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 23:07

The thread isn't about tonights game guy's. It's about the rest of the season and a fully fit & functioning squad . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:25

I'm bringing this back up to the top, lol, as it was a lot of typing ! ! ! Serious, this got a bit lost in the Inter game fun but I so want to see what team others would play, formations & reasons when our walking wounded are back sometime in the not too distant future. I've done my dream team, sexy football studs, this is the way to get at teams side so now I'm going to go for a more defensive, difficult away game team. Still not going use Deadly Ledley as I'm just not sure on his ability to complete 90 minutes at the moment. If I was he would be in both my sides.

Gomes
    Ekotto Bassong Dawson Kaboul
    Bale Thudd Palacious Hutton
    VDV (or Moddle)
    Crouch (or Keane)

Gone for Bassong just to give him game time in an enviroment where he would have to learn quickly to assist his development and hopefully develop him into the defender we hope he may become. If he was out of his depth, well then any other available centre half. Hutton on the right wing as he I think he could do it and both him and Bale could add extra defensive cover if needed. Thudd would play just ahead of Sgt Wilson. One of our floating midfielders sitting in the hole and then give Crouch a chance to develop into the type of striker we need in tight games. If, as Im sure many of you will think, he is incapable of doing it play Keane and then we would have to keep it on the deck . . . . . . .
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:45

our best team and the won i cant wait for is a 4 4 1 1 system. gomes in goal. walker and ekottu at full backs, king and daws in the middle.lennon bombing down the right, bale doing his thing down the left. hudd playing the holding role with modric linking it up. ahead of him vdv with a fit and raring defoe up top. if that team could play regular we would be pushing for the title.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:49

i like your team vis.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:50

Thank-you Lought flowers . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 22 2010, 09:12