The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  Empty Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 22:27

Manchester United (12 league games remaining): Wigan
    (a), Chelsea (h), Liverpool (a), Bolton (h), West Ham (a), Fulham (h),
    Newcastle (a), Everton (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Blackburn (a) and
    Blackpool (h).
    Arsenal (11 league games remaining): Sunderland (h),
    West Brom (a), Blackburn (a), Blackpool (h), Liverpool (h), Bolton (a),
    Man United (h), Stoke (a), Aston Villa (h) and Fulham (a). Plus, to be
    scheduled: Spurs (a).
    Manchester City (11 league games remaining): Fulham
    (h), Wigan (h), Chelsea (a), Sunderland (h), Liverpool (a), Spurs (h),
    Blackburn (a), West Ham (h), Everton (a), Stoke (h) and Bolton (a).
    Tottenham Hotspur (11 league games remaining):
    Wolves (a), West Ham (h), Wigan (a), Stoke (h), Man City (a), West Brom
    (h), Chelsea (a), Blackpool (h), Liverpool (a) and Birmingham (h). Plus,
    to be scheduled: Arsenal (h).
    Chelsea (12 league games remaining): Man United (h),
    Blackpool (a), Man City (h), Stoke (a), Wigan (h), West Brom (a),
    Birmingham (h), West Ham (h), Spurs (h), Man United (a), Newcastle (h)
    and Everton (a).
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  Empty Re: Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 22:29

Obviously Arsenal have the easiest run in but ours isn't too bad. The next 4 games we should be looking to take Maximum points TBH.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.  Empty Re: Remaining fixtures. What do you think will be final placings.

Post by cynicsid Thu Feb 24 2011, 22:58

I've done a bit of maths here,

Calculating teams form against top half and bottom half seperatly and projecting that form on to the remaining fixtures it comes out like this

Manu U 57 + 26.5 =83.5
    Goons 56 + 21.5 =77.5
    City 49 + 19.5 =68.5
    Spurs 47 = 19 = 66
    Chelski 45 + 20.5 =65.5

supprised to see the goons form against the top half of the table is currently really poor at 1.33 points per game.

WE have the second best form against top half teams and by far the worst against the bottom half. In fact we have one of the worst records against the bottom 5 in all the league.

I said at the start of the season those Wigan & Westham games we haunt us until the end of the season and they are.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Feb 24 2011, 23:09

Just as an aside to the above, Blackpool, ......yes, Blackpool are the 4th best team against the top half of the table beating Liverpool, Chelsea and the goons to date so maybe our result against them is'nt the eand of the world.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:06

Not sure where 'beating the goons' comes into it Sid?

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/olegooners-blog/posts/good-old-arsenal-abuse-blackpool-by-6-0-as-theo-shines
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:12

Of the matches that Baz has posted, only Arsenal and Chelsea are capable of winning all of the matches posted... with both unlikely to do so.
    Spurs run in isn't too bad on paper, but if you can lose to Blackpool away whilst pretty much dominating the match then anything is possible.
    The million dollar question? Chelsea take enough points off Man U to allow Arsenal to sneak in, I see Citeh providing some consistency and finishing 3rd, Chelsea 4th, you boys 5th.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 03:26

Man City are an enigma, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Depends which Man City team turns up.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Feb 25 2011, 08:26

I think it seems pretty certain that Utd & Arsnic will be top 2 and city are more consistent than us and will probably finish 3rd. So that leaves Us and Chelsea and I think Chelsea have had their bad run and will probably take the 4th place. Being Spurs you just know that we are going to throw silly points away because we always do, Blackpool, W ham and Wigan are great examples plus the silly games we have ended up drawing when we should have won convincingly.
    So really the CL in my opinion is all we have left to go for and unless we throw away a very strong position we should progress to the last 8. Now I don't think for one minute that we will win it......well sometimes I do.....but to make the semi's would be fantastic and then WHO KNOWS?

Mikey M
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri Feb 25 2011, 11:07

That Damned Mark wrote:Not sure where 'beating the goons' comes into it Sid?

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/olegooners-blog/posts/good-old-arsenal-abuse-blackpool-by-6-0-as-theo-shines

Well so that you can be sure, here's the figures. As I said, Blackpool are beating you in the points taken from the top four league. The point made is that you have a low tally of points from top half clubs so maybee the ride in has a few twists & turns to give us yet.

Manchester United (1) 26 12 8 4 0 19 7 12 1.58 0.58 2.33 28
    2 Tottenham Hotspur (4) 27 13 6 5 2 18 15 3 1.38 1.15 1.76 23
    3 Manchester City (3) 27 12 5 4 3 12 9 3 1.00 0.75 1.58 19
    4 Blackpool (12) 27 13 6 1 6 19 24 -5 1.46 1.84 1.46 19
    5 Chelsea (5) 26 12 5 2 5 16 14 2 1.33 1.16 1.41 17
    6 Liverpool (6) 27 12 5 2 5 15 17 -2 1.25 1.41 1.41 17
    7 Arsenal (2) 27 12 4 4 4 19 15 4 1.58 1.25 1.33 16
    8 Sunderland (7) 27 14 4 5 5 18 21 -3 1.28 1.50 1.21 17
    9 Everton (14) 26 15 4 6 5 19 21 -2 1.26 1.40 1.20 18
    10 Wolverhampton Wndrs (20) 27 16 6 1 9 19 28 -9 1.18 1.75 1.18 19
    11 Fulham (13) 27 14 3 5 6 10 13 -3 0.71 0.92 1.00 14
    12 Stoke City (10) 27 13 4 1 8 14 19 -5 1.07 1.46 1.00 13
    13 Newcastle United (9) 27 13 3 4 6 20 26 -6 1.53 2.00 1.00 13
    14 Birmingham City (15) 26 14 2 7 5 13 23 -10 0.92 1.64 0.92 13
    15 West Bromwich Albion (17) 27 13 3 3 7 12 26 -14 0.92 2.00 0.92 12
    16 Wigan Athletic (18) 27 14 1 8 5 12 25 -13 0.85 1.78 0.78 11
    17 Bolton Wanderers (Cool 27 13 3 1 9 16 24 -8 1.23 1.84 0.76 10
    18 Blackburn Rovers (11) 27 16 2 3 11 13 31 -18 0.81 1.93 0.56 9
    19 Aston Villa (16) 27 15 1 4 10 13 34 -21 0.86 2.26 0.46 7
    20 West Ham United (19) 27 12 1 1 10 6 28 -22 0.50 2.33 0.33 4
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Sat Feb 26 2011, 03:30

Sorry, I misinterpreted, I thought you was laying a claim that Blackpool had beaten us in a 90 minute match. We've not played away there yet, but beat them six nil at our place.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 03:34

That Damned Mark wrote:Of the matches that Baz has posted, only Arsenal and Chelsea are capable of winning all of the matches posted... with both unlikely to do so.
    Spurs run in isn't too bad on paper, but if you can lose to Blackpool away whilst pretty much dominating the match then anything is possible.
    The million dollar question? Chelsea take enough points off Man U to allow Arsenal to sneak in, I see Citeh providing some consistency and finishing 3rd, Chelsea 4th, you boys 5th.

Wasnt so much dominated Mark, they just wont get the kind of luck again, I mean heading against the bar and going straight to their keeper no where near the goal line!!

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sat Feb 26 2011, 21:55

That Damned Mark wrote:Sorry, I misinterpreted, I thought you was laying a claim that Blackpool had beaten us in a 90 minute match. We've not played away there yet, but beat them six nil at our place.

Oh I see, we put 9 past wigan last year, those sort of matches happen now & then.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:47

Well, yeah, how daft can football be? Put 9 past them and then lose at home to them a few months later with virtually the same team Very Happy lol!
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Feb 27 2011, 04:40

That Damned Mark wrote:Well, yeah, how daft can football be? Put 9 past them and then lose at home to them a few months later with virtually the same team Very Happy lol!

Yup, it can happen.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 27 2011, 20:25

That Damned Mark wrote:Well, yeah, how daft can football be? Put 9 past them and then lose at home to them a few months later with virtually the same team Very Happy lol!

Almost the same as crushing teams like wba and newcastle and then losing at home to them Embarassed
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Feb 27 2011, 22:39

Going 4-0 up away to Newcastle then drawing 4-4 PMSL.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Mon Feb 28 2011, 01:16

Losing one - four at home to your worst enemy and the supporters humiliating the team by deserting the ground PMSL Very Much Very Happy Very Happy

The point was actually serious. It doesn't matter how good you are, football is full of banana skins, applies to all teams.
    For me, hoping against hope that there won't be one later on today Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 28 2011, 01:20

Well, the 4-1 has been done to death mate we all know we put out a second string team. How about 2-0 and you f*cked it up lol.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Feb 28 2011, 06:40

That Damned Mark wrote:Losing one - four at home to your worst enemy and the supporters humiliating the team by deserting the ground PMSL Very Much Very Happy Very Happy

The point was actually serious. It doesn't matter how good you are, football is full of banana skins, applies to all teams.

Yup,those bannana skins come round once in a while dont they? lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 06:58

Fulham done us a big favour today. The goal difference is with Citeh but we are still in the mix . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 06:59

That Damned Mark wrote:Losing one - four at home to your worst enemy and the supporters humiliating the team by deserting the ground PMSL Very Much Very Happy Very Happy

Mark do us a favour and come back on thread please. Ta . . . . . .
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Mon Feb 28 2011, 21:48

Fill your boots you bunch of bar stewards lol!

There's a lesson to be learned... if you're gonna F*ck up, make sure it's a good un!! lol!
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Mar 01 2011, 03:59

That Damned Mark wrote:Fill your boots you bunch of bar stewards lol!

There's a lesson to be learned... if you're gonna F*ck up, make sure it's a good un!! lol!

lol. you did kind of get sucked along on that one Mark, I suppose you will get your chance a bit later. Console yourself with the thought that My best mate (gooner) has just spent the day playing golf with 5 Spurs fans. Ouch!
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Mar 01 2011, 05:38

lol! Sid... think I'd have made my excuses Very Happy

I thought a Delboy style 'Who dares wins' attitude might be more fun seeing as it was 'only' Brum Embarassed That'll teach me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 19:19