The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
FFS dont let us down. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
FFS dont let us down. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
FFS dont let us down. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
FFS dont let us down. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
FFS dont let us down. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
FFS dont let us down. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
FFS dont let us down. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
FFS dont let us down. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
FFS dont let us down. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FFS dont let us down. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

FFS dont let us down.

FFS dont let us down. Empty FFS dont let us down.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 19:42

With man city and fulham drawing, the game in hand is in our favour, we cant keep letting the points drift and giving the advantage back to chelsea and man city.

The hutton thing is worrying, he has played well for most of the season, its no secret that i prefer corluka but one game doesnt make hutton a worse choice than gallas at right back.

The tackle on corluka from that ex a*rsehole flamini could have major reprocussions to our season, and i always thought the loaning of walker to villa was a big mistake, if the club was bringing him along gently and on a learning curb with a championship club then that i could understand, letting him play for another prem club i really dont, if its to get him off the wages list for 6 months then it could be a costly and misguided error.

Just because i argue the toss for the case of harry doesnt mean i agree with everything fcking decision he makes.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

FFS dont let us down. Empty Re: FFS dont let us down.

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 28 2011, 21:22

letting him play for another prem club i really dont

Lew, we pitched Naughton in, in the mm cup and he was found wanting, we had two right backs at the club, so i thought it a good idea to see if Walker could manage it and he has, so next season we have a player that can come straight in.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 28 2011, 21:41

[quote="djfitzo"] letting him play for another prem club i really dont

Lew, we pitched Naughton in, in the mm cup and he was found wanting, we had two right backs at the club, so i thought it a good idea to see if Walker could manage it and he has, so next season we have a player that can come straight in.

I agree DJ, I can't see how he can get a better education before being brought in to play for us.

You can't legislate for what has happened to our 2 first choice right backs, when planning Walkers further development, but he has been given the chance to show he can cut it in the Prem and he's come up trumps.

Had he stayed with us he'd have got the odd cameo whilst seeing his development stall.

He'd probably have been banging on the door looking for a move.

Now we have young talent with invaluable experience in the Fizzy and now the Prem.

If only some of our other prospects had shown the same patience and willingness to knuckle down and earn their Spurs.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:27

djfitzo wrote: letting him play for another prem club i really dont

Dj ! anyone who saw the few games walker has played in can see he,s a major talent, bale was just about to be loaned out when he was pitched in because of ekotto,s injury, now he wouldnt be dropped unless forced out through injury, and i believe harry doesnt believe walker is ready the same as he thought bale wasnt....what a mistake that would have been.

I laud harry for what he has achieved in a short period of time at spurs, i also retain the right to say loaning walker out was a mistake, i thought so at the time , and even more so now.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:56

lewspurs wrote:
    djfitzo wrote: letting him play for another prem club i really dont

Dj ! anyone who saw the few games walker has played in can see he,s a major talent, bale was just about to be loaned out when he was pitched in because of ekotto,s injury, now he wouldnt be dropped unless forced out through injury, and i believe harry doesnt believe walker is ready the same as he thought bale wasnt....what a mistake that would have been.

I laud harry for what he has achieved in a short period of time at spurs, i also retain the right to say loaning walker out was a mistake, i thought so at the time , and even more so now.

Hindsights a wonderful thing Lew, maybe Bales talent was more obvious and Harry wanted to make sure that Walker didnt go
    the same way Naughton did. Like ion said, you cant legislate for losing 2 right backs at the same time, only if the runours are true and Harrys making an example of Hutton, then I would be upset with our manager, if that was the case.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01 2011, 06:28

Totally agree with ion,s legislative view, but how many centre backs do we have on the books ?

Leaving us with hutton and corluka as right back and cover for the position doesnt make sense, considering how many changes the centre back position has undergone all season.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 01 2011, 18:58

lewspurs wrote:Totally agree with ion,s legislative view, but how many centre backs do we have on the books ?

Leaving us with hutton and corluka as right back and cover for the position doesnt make sense, considering how many changes the centre back position has undergone all season.

But like Naughton, Walker was untested at premiership level, devil and the deep blue sea Lew,you bring Walker in and he has a mare and destroys his confidence or you let Villa take the risk and then bring him back a premiership player, I think the management was right.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 01 2011, 19:28

Apparently the Leicester fans are singing , "sign him up , sign him up, sign him up" with regards to Naughton.... Must be doing okay there ...
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 01 2011, 22:31

ArnieArdiles wrote:Apparently the Leicester fans are singing , "sign him up , sign him up, sign him up" with regards to Naughton.... Must be doing okay there ...

He is Arnie, but in the CC he got destroyed when Wenger dropped his "give the kids a chance" and played mainly first teamers, but unlike Walker, no prem team came calling in January and i think that speaks volumes.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02 2011, 06:21

djfitzo wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:Totally agree with ion,s legislative view, but how many centre backs do we have on the books ?

But like Naughton, Walker was untested at premiership level, devil and the deep blue sea Lew,you bring Walker in and he has a mare and destroys his confidence or you let Villa take the risk and then bring him back a premiership player, I think the management was right.

Didnt destroy bales confidence when he had that(never won with him in the team) weight on his back for how many games ? lol.

DJ, i have great confidence in harry and always back him up when he,s knocked on here, but the loaning out of walker was totally wrong, harry got that wrong, and he has the supposed row with hutton.

Slightly changing theme here but its for the good of spurs, not for the pride of harry that a player is dropped.

No one has read fck all about what has happened to hutton, then we read all that crap...ok so drop the bloke when corluka got his chance, but bring him back now corluka,s crocked because he,s the best we have in that position.

If i tell the honest truth i worry that harry missed the talent of bale and that it took an injury to ekotto for him to get his chance because harry is out with these blokes training day in and day out, i believe it doesnt matter what age the player, walker should be playing now, he,s doing for villa what he should be doing for us............even the villa fans are saying " we will be able to sign him in the summer "? because they dont want the lad to leave.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 02 2011, 07:48

Look at Wilshire? Sometimes you have to trust young players and give them their head.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 02 2011, 07:55

Kinnear was, what? 16 years old and playing for Spurs first team when the game was a lot rougher than it is now. Steve Perryman? How old was he when he made his first team debut? 17 was it? Rooney? Giggs? Beckham? Scholes etc, etc, They all broke into the first team as youngsters.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02 2011, 09:50

our youngster should be here and ready to come on when needed.

i see chelsea win with a weak pen.

what a bad night.

chelsea are back in the hunt for 3rd spot
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Mar 02 2011, 18:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:our youngster should be here and ready to come on when needed.

what a bad night.

I agree with Lought for once lol some of the decions last night was a disgrace how that mop head Luiz was not sent off was beyond me Terry hand balls it too no pen and one of the softest pens ive ever seen given he should of got yellow for diving i know some will say its payback for Manu at theatre of nightmares they get the decions there but games like that could cost us 4th place. Just hope Clattenburg is the ref when they play Chelsea at OT and Martin Atkinson is not the ref when we go to Stamford Bridge
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 02 2011, 21:15

MarkA249 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:our youngster should be here and ready to come on when needed.

what a bad night.

I agree with Lought for once lol some of the decions last night was a disgrace how that mop head Luiz was not sent off was beyond me Terry hand balls it too no pen and one of the softest pens ive ever seen given he should of got yellow for diving i know some will say its payback for Manu at theatre of nightmares they get the decions there but games like that could cost us 4th place. Just hope Clattenburg is the ref when they play Chelsea at OT and Martin Atkinson is not the ref when we go to Stamford Bridge

They say things even themselves out Mark, Rooney should really have been banned for this game, divine justice?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 22:50