The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
dont need a striker EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
dont need a striker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
dont need a striker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
dont need a striker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
dont need a striker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
dont need a striker EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
dont need a striker EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
dont need a striker EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
dont need a striker EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

dont need a striker Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

dont need a striker

dont need a striker Empty dont need a striker

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:09

Ferdinand: Spurs don`t need a striker.
    Les Ferdinand has backed our misfiring strikers and claimed that Tottenham don`t desperately need to bring in new players to solve their lack of goals for next season, and with luck, fitness and continuity, we already have the quality at the club to succeed.

nd I quote: "We`re always on the lookout for good players. Harry has said that we`re in the market for a striker but I still think the strikers we have got are quality."

"Yes we have had a bad season in that respect, but for most of the season we have only played with one striker up front and [Rafael] van der Vaart.

"Sometimes you need a little bit of continuity and we`ve not really had that within the strike force. Jermain [Defoe] was injured for a long time and never really found his form when he came back.

"Then Harry had a problem with Peter [Crouch] and Pav [Pavlyuchenko] in deciding which one would be better to play alongside Rafa. It was a bit different to the season before and we will address that."

Now obviously there is merit in backing your players and also perhaps excusing your own failings in looking for reasons why your players didn`t perform, but is this really an acceptable comment from Les? Now if we use Crouch as an example, in that he has only not taken part in four Prem games in his two years at the club and surely any player has to justify his selection when he is picked regardless of who he plays alongside.

Now I like and respect Les for his football achievements, but in this matter, I would have preferred him to be more honest, and simply stated that our players may be quality, but have underperformed badly and they need to do better. We all know that the players aren`t donkeys, they are just playing like them. Perhaps Les should also look at his own achievements in coaching these players and realise that he needs to prove he has what it takes as well...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508952#ixzz1Oh3u1I6D

dont need a striker Empty Re: dont need a striker

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:10

is that true. crouch has only not featured in 4 games in 2 years, and yet hes scoring recored is woefull
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 09 2011, 01:37

Ferdinand is an idiot if he thinks that. Like Vis says he weren't that good himself so maybe he has some empathy with our misfiring strikers.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 07:13

Sir Les Patterson (Ferdinand) is a feckin eejit . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jun 09 2011, 09:25

He only says that because he's showing public support for the striker we already have at the club, its social bum licking, and pally pally time, we all know we need a new striker , but no matter what happens in football whether it be a manager getting sacked or a player out of form, other pros will always back them to the hills

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 01:43