The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Would you swap bale for messi ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Would you swap bale for messi ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Would you swap bale for messi ?

Would you swap bale for messi ? Empty Would you swap bale for messi ?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 07:15

Ha ha ! here,s a minnow in among the tadpoles................... jocolor

But before you answer really look at the facts.

Yeah messi for bale, you would snap it up, i wouldnt.

Bad back and all i would take bale because i really think messi will burn out within two years.

What bale proved in the early cl games is that he can win a game single handed.

What he needs is protection from the talentless cloggers, determined to hack down blind side of the ref, to ruin a talent of a playmaker.

Someone running alongside and having a go back on his behalf.

Anyway......messi for bale ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Would you swap bale for messi ? Empty Re: Would you swap bale for messi ?

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 04 2011, 07:18

All day long.

Bale is showing the ability to win games single handed, Messi has been doing that regularly for a few years now.

There's a reason why he is rated as the best player in the World.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 07:35

Indeed I would but I would also insist they throw Maxwell in as part of the swap to give cover on the left, lol . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 07:49

this is easy. i would swap bale for messi all day long

messi can win games on hes own. bale has not been as good in the prem this season for us as he has in the champions league and the 2nd half of last season
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Mar 04 2011, 08:20

They are both fantastic players. But for the sake of debate before we end up with one big agreable thread on this. I'm gonna say Bale, for the simple reason that, Bale in my view is a slow starter. Remember the long run we went on with never winning a game when he was on the pitch. But Boy, when he got going! The lad grew and CONTINUES to grow in confidence and will I believe go from strength to strength. When, Bale has reached his full potential (he hasn't as yet imo) there will be very little between the two, to bother choosing between.

Bale will become a Giggs type figure in the future.

Remeber, before you all jump up and down on me for this, I not disagreing with yu all, just adding to the debate.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 04 2011, 10:06

Just jumping up and down on you Kingy!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

cstmrsking wrote:They are both fantastic players. But for the sake of debate before we end up with one big agreable thread on this. I'm gonna say Bale, for the simple reason that, Bale in my view is a slow starter. Remember the long run we went on with never winning a game when he was on the pitch. But Boy, when he got going! The lad grew and CONTINUES to grow in confidence and will I believe go from strength to strength. When, Bale has reached his full potential (he hasn't as yet imo) there will be very little between the two, to bother choosing between.

Remeber, before you all jump up and down on me for this, I not disagreing with yu all, just adding to the debate.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 10:47

i dont know how people can even think to pick a player whos not even our best player this season ( modric in my eyes are most people vdv)

for the best player in the world
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:16

ionman34 wrote:
    Just jumping up and down on you Kingy!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

cstmrsking wrote:They are both fantastic players. But for the sake of debate before we end up with one big agreable thread on this. I'm gonna say Bale, for the simple reason that, Bale in my view is a slow starter. Remember the long run we went on with never winning a game when he was on the pitch. But Boy, when he got going! The lad grew and CONTINUES to grow in confidence and will I believe go from strength to strength. When, Bale has reached his full potential (he hasn't as yet imo) there will be very little between the two, to bother choosing between.

Ouch! drunken

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 22:31

Kingy, do you think Bale will be that much of a Giggs type player that he will stay with Spurs for his whole career ? My heart like's to think that would be the case but my head says we may see another season or 2 out of him before the grass starts looking greener elsewhere. I suppose it all depends on how sucessfull this current squad can become . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Mar 04 2011, 23:12

Vis, you echo my thoughtsand feelings,you couldn't have put it better. If Bale stays, could he become a Giggs type player, yeah why not.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 02:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:i dont know how people can even think to pick a player whos not even our best player this season ( modric in my eyes are most people vdv)

for the best player in the world

He was fantastic for us in the cl game against inter, he made a 4-0 score look respectable on his own lought.........ooooohhh ! you do have a short memory lought.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 02:40

ionman34 wrote:
    All day long.

Bale is showing the ability to win games single handed, Messi has been doing that regularly for a few years now.

I hope you remember this thread ion when (and if ) this back injury hasnt affected bale long term, because i believe he will soon be regarded as the worlds best player.

Once again i have to say the lad needs protection from the cloggers because thats the only way prem teams will be able to cope with him, and if lought believes vdv and modric are our best players then i dont know what team he is watching, not knocking vdv or modric they are fine players but bale can turn a match on his own, he has done it once and will do it again.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 03:28

lew yes the champions league when inter had given up and wernt trying.

but hes not done much in the prem this season being marked out of 2 games aganst phill nevil. plus man you seem to have learnt how to deal with him same as chelsea.

i wouldnt want to sell bale unless its for messi or ronaldo

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 20:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew yes the champions league when inter had given up and wernt trying.

but hes not done much in the prem this season being marked out of 2 games aganst phill nevil. plus man you seem to have learnt how to deal with him same as chelsea.

i wouldnt want to sell bale unless its for messi or ronaldo

Well credit where it is due lought, he turned the game from a thrashing to 4-3, they were quivering in their boots and waiting for the final whistle, then he murdered them in the return tie at whl.

Unfortunately the papers were full of praise for bale, so much so that i even posted on here at the time that he will be a target for the cloggers and spoilers of the game.

Lought, the only way prem teams can mark him is kick him out the game,or as neville did, just stand in his way when he was on a run, that isnt football mate, neville hasnt got an ounce of football talent in him, he,s just a w*nker.

As for the fact that he has done nothing in the prem all season, he,s been out since january with that back problem, and before that many on here were saying he needed resting because he hadnt missed a game.

laughable lought, you have your favourites who aint at the club anymore and have a go at most of our players most weeks.......... lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:45

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    All day long.

I hope you remember this thread ion when (and if ) this back injury hasnt affected bale long term, because i believe he will soon be regarded as the worlds best player.

Why Lew?

You asked the question and I answered truthfully. You don't agree and that is your perogative but are you now telling me that the whole thing was a set up for an 'I told you so' later down the line?

I have no doubt Bale will be in amongst the best on the planet in the near future, but that wasn't you question. You asked if I'd swap him now and the answer is yes as Messi is currently rated, by virtually everyone, as the best in the World.

Once again i have to say the lad needs protection from the cloggers because thats the only way prem teams will be able to cope with him,

It's the same for every talent out there so he needs to learn to cope. The likes of Best had far less protection from referees in his day and played on pitches that had a closer resemblance to Cow pastures, yet still showed World Class quality.

and if lought believes vdv and modric are our best players then i dont know what team he is watching, not knocking vdv or modric they are fine players but bale can turn a match on his own, he has done it once and will do it again.

Modric HAS been our best player this season. Everything ticks when he runs the midfield and he does that in virtually every game he plays. Bale was superb for most of the games he played but startd to run out of steam a little prior to the injury. I wonder if the injury had anything to do with it.

It makes me die when I see this kind of argument. We have a team full of quality, with players that can be considered as amongst the best in Europe.

And instead of being happy with that there's arguments about which of our players are better than others!

Honestly, it's ridiculous.

Bale, VDV and Modric are all World Class midfielders.

When was the last time we could say that about a Spurs midfield?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:30

i never said bale has not done nuffing this season. i said he has not reached the heights of last season in the prem yet. hes been brillant in the champions league im not arguing that.

modrics been our best player . hudd been amazing before hes injury. vdv and galas have given us that extra we need in big games.

we would of crumbled aganst arsenal without galas and vdv in that secound half

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:34

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    All day long.

Why Lew?

You asked the question and I answered truthfully. You don't agree and that is your perogative but are you now telling me that the whole thing was a set up for an 'I told you so' later down the line?

I have no doubt Bale will be in amongst the best on the planet in the near future, but that wasn't you question. You asked if I'd swap him now and the answer is yes as Messi is currently rated, by virtually everyone, as the best in the World.

Once again i have to say the lad needs protection from the cloggers because thats the only way prem teams will be able to cope with him,

It's the same for every talent out there so he needs to learn to cope. The likes of Best had far less protection from referees in his day and played on pitches that had a closer resemblance to Cow pastures, yet still showed World Class quality.

and if lought believes vdv and modric are our best players then i dont know what team he is watching, not knocking vdv or modric they are fine players but bale can turn a match on his own, he has done it once and will do it again.

Modric HAS been our best player this season. Everything ticks when he runs the midfield and he does that in virtually every game he plays. Bale was superb for most of the games he played but startd to run out of steam a little prior to the injury. I wonder if the injury had anything to do with it.

It makes me die when I see this kind of argument. We have a team full of quality, with players that can be considered as amongst the best in Europe.

And instead of being happy with that there's arguments about which of our players are better than others!

Honestly, it's ridiculous.

Bale, VDV and Modric are all World Class midfielders.

When was the last time we could say that about a Spurs midfield?

At this time ion i cant change colour type to impact on your post directly beneath your main comments, but firstly its a very silly assumption to assume i will be coming back to say i told you so, your comments were fine, you would swap bale for messi, no big deal, i was just saying watch this space in my own way and with my own words, beg your pardon sir and doffing my cap of course.

As for arguments about the best player at spurs, hmmmmmmmm! you have been hallucinating old bean, where are the arguments ? i see counter names being put forward as candidates but no actual arguments, in the strict sense of the word, so there is no need to die at reading this sort of post old bean, is there ! lol!

Of course we, or personally speaking i am happy with the team and i think its perfectly normal to say who are our best players, you dont see many spurs kids going round wearing crouch on their tottenham shirts now do you? lol! oh dear i didnt mean that to slight crouchy in anyway.

Messi is a fine player ion, the whole world is aware of the fact, to even say bale is anything near his class was a little daring if you want my honest opinion, i was surprised i wasnt inundated with replies of "are you off your rocker " lol! as i said in the opening lines " heres a minnow among the tadpoles " lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 06 2011, 02:02

As for arguments about the best player at spurs, hmmmmmmmm! you have been hallucinating old bean, where are the arguments ? i see counter names being put forward as candidates but no actual arguments

Look up the definition for argument Lew.

Get back to me when you do.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 05:09

I'd take Messi over any other player in the world .....

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 05:12

ionman34 wrote:As for arguments about the best player at spurs, hmmmmmmmm! you have been hallucinating old bean, where are the arguments ? i see counter names being put forward as candidates but no actual arguments

Dont need to ! i was top at english, there,s only one person arguing here and thats you ion, and about nothing because you chose to make it something. Very Happy

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 06 2011, 10:02

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:As for arguments about the best player at spurs, hmmmmmmmm! you have been hallucinating old bean, where are the arguments ? i see counter names being put forward as candidates but no actual arguments

Dont need to ! i was top at english,

I rest my case. You have no idea what the word argument means. Your problem is that on the internet, anyone can look it up.

Shame you didn't.

there,s only one person arguing here and thats you ion, and about nothing because you chose to make it something. Very Happy

Yes I am arguing.

But then I know what the word means.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 11:27

LOL ion

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 18:22

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:

I rest my case. You have no idea what the word argument means. Your problem is that on the internet, anyone can look it up.

Shame you didn't.

there,s only one person arguing here and thats you ion, and about nothing because you chose to make it something. Very Happy

Yes I am arguing.

Well bully for you mr ion, you know what the word argument means and in the knowledge of what it means rants on here to justify the existence of the word.

Keep arguing because once again its about nothing that you have turned into something, to prove whatever you have to prove about some banal little point, that in the end equates to what ? you tell me ?

See lought is lifting your shirt tails for you, coming on with a little lol and probably thinking ion will sort lew out................. lol! lol! lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:09

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Shame you didn't.

Yes I am arguing.

Well bully for you mr ion, you know what the word argument means and in the knowledge of what it means rants on here to justify the existence of the word.

No, not really. I'm not the one claiming ther isn't an argument when there is, bigging myself up with the 'I was top at English' guff, then showing myself up by not understanding what a simple,frequently used word means.

Justify its existence?

lmao lmao lmao

Keep arguing because once again its about nothing that you have turned into something, to prove whatever you have to prove about some banal little point, that in the end equates to what ? you tell me ?

God you talk wet sometimes. You put up the debating point. You responded to me when you didn't agree with my assessment. It was you who stated that you hope I remember this thread later down the line. If that isn't an 'I told you so' waiting to happen then nothing else is. It was you who stated that if Lought thinks that Modric and VDV are our best players then you don't know what team he is watching, thereby belittling his opinion and that of anyone else who shares it.
    You got pulled up for that and didn't like it.

All of which is why you have changed tack, trying to make out I'm bullying when I'm taking an opposite stance to you.

You put a thread up to start an argument. You get one and you complain about it?

Crack. Down. Put. Pipe. It.

I'll let you put the above in their correct order.

See lought is lifting your shirt tails for you, coming on with a little lol and probably thinking ion will sort lew out................. lol! lol! lol!

Ah, the 'picking on Lew' approach once more. Every time you find an argument that defeats you this old chestnut comes out.

Quit trying to change tack and leave Loughton out of it. His contribution has sweet FA to do with our debate so going for the sympathy vote is really rather churlish.

Man up and admit you're wrong for once.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:21

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Shame you didn't.

Yes I am arguing.

No, not really. I'm not the one claiming ther isn't an argument when there is, bigging myself up with the 'I was top at English' guff, then showing myself up by not understanding what a simple,frequently used word means.

Justify its existence?

lmao lmao lmao

God you talk wet sometimes. You put up the debating point. You responded to me when you didn't agree with my assessment. It was you who stated that you hope I remember this thread later down the line. If that isn't an 'I told you so' waiting to happen then nothing else is. It was you who stated that if Lought thinks that Modric and VDV are our best players then you don't know what team he is watching, thereby belittling his opinion and that of anyone else who shares it.
    You got pulled up for that and didn't like it.

All of which is why you have changed tack, trying to make out I'm bullying when I'm taking an opposite stance to you.

You put a thread up to start an argument. You get one and you complain about it?

Crack. Down. Put. Pipe. It.

I'll let you put the above in their correct order.

Ah, the 'picking on Lew' approach once more. Every time you find an argument that defeats you this old chestnut comes out.

Quit trying to change tack and leave Loughton out of it. His contribution has sweet FA to do with our debate so going for the sympathy vote is really rather churlish.

Man up and admit you're wrong for once.

LOL ! really got to you this one old fellow has it not ! stop belittling loughts opinion says the man who has single handedly lambasted and insulted most people views on here, (including loughts ) so much so that he had to be told off like a petulant little boy who likes bossing others around by those that run the forum.

You have argued over nothing old boy ! you sit there with throbbing temples getting in a tiz and whats it all about ion,? is bale our best player ? is modric ? is vdv ? its such a earth shaking question almost life or death to you old fellow.

Get that pipe and light it up ion ! calm down, shusssssssssssh ! everything is going to be ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:05