The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bring Back BMJ.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bring Back BMJ.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Bring Back BMJ.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bring Back BMJ.  Empty Bring Back BMJ.

Post by BazSpur Sun May 01 2011, 10:31

If for nothing else just for the fact he was Tottenham through and through. I know it won't happen but can you imagine BMJ striding onto the WHL pitch. 36000 fans singing I love Martin, Jol Martin Jol loves me. Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up doesn't it?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Anyway back in the real World. Arry has done a great job for the last 2 seasons and I think we should get behind him for next season and back him one hundred percent.

Bring Back BMJ.  Empty Re: Bring Back BMJ.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 12:24

baz i been watching the 06 season and its so refreasing hearing big mart saying its us and talking about spurs the way he does. hardly ever makes excuess he loves us and our fans.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 12:25

imagine what he could do with our sqaud
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun May 01 2011, 21:19

It would be nice to see him back at the lane, but i doubt that would ever happen due to the circumstances surrounding his departure, he was stabbed in the back , but if anyone can get the players going he can, and he would have the fans behind him, arry wont , and right now levy will want to distract the fans away from CL failure and give us something to cheer about, Jol would get my support , i think this time round he would be a lot wiser , still cant see it happening , but never say never :P

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 22:17

LOL Jolers Vs Knappers . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun May 01 2011, 23:53

You've got to be kidding me right?

The same people who were screaming to get Jol out are now screaming for him to come back and replace Redknapp?

This has got to be a wind up.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 02 2011, 00:42

Yep, that's why they call us fickle ion. For the record though I never called for his head.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 01:07

well we did say he had to get away get more experience

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 01:47

As Baz said, I was also a Joler . . . . .. .

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 02:21

well if ramos never came we would never have won the carling cup.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 02 2011, 02:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:well if ramos never came we would never have won the carling cup.

I wouldn't say that lought. Didn't Ramos basically inherit MJ's team?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 02 2011, 03:17

Loughtonlegend wrote:well if ramos never came we would never have won the carling cup.

Ah, the mainstay of the 'get in Ramos' brigade. You got what you wanted and we paid dearly for it.
    That statement of yours above Lought, hear that rustling?

That's the sound of the straws you are grasping.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 04:17

no we wouldnt have won the cup. how many times did jol get in a good poistion only to bottle it.

and baz just like harry ha inherited a great sqaud.
    its funny how harry wont play hes players hes brought now.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 02 2011, 21:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:no we wouldnt have won the cup. how many times did jol get in a good poistion only to bottle it.

You just posted that you want him back, then you stab him in the back before he's even appointed.

Ah meh, I really shouldn't expect too much from a QPR fan I suppose.

and baz just like harry ha inherited a great sqaud.

Icing on the cake here. During Jol's tenure we were constantly upgrading our squad. He inherited a mid table, also ran, season over by February squad.

Guess you must have missed that during your Coca Cola league years with the Hoops.

its funny how harry wont play hes players hes brought now.

Because he now has better for those positions, it's not rocket science.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 22:24

ionman34 wrote:

The same people who were screaming to get Jol out are now screaming for him to come back and replace Redknapp?

Dont think its a wind up ion, but speaking for myself i wouldnt want big martin back, i am happy with harry,its been a difficult season and i think one in which he has learned a lot.

Lets put it this way , we have done ok even with injuries at key times of the campaign to key players.

One grouse i suppose from myself is that i would like to have seen a couple of youngsters brought through.

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 02:07

ion where diud i say i want him back.
    so your saying harry relised hes players hes brought or worse then hes got.

and im not a qpr fan im an adel tarrabt fan. wish he was still here

its getttin boring watching bale not try in league games.
    i heard kranker run hes nuts off in open training today. i dobut he will start on sat even thought he should
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 03 2011, 02:38

ion where diud i say i want him back.

The statement below is more or less saying that is it not Lought? If you didn't want him back why imagine what he could do with our squad?

imagine what he could do with our sqaud

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 03:05

i want tel back back thats not going to happen
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 03 2011, 07:23

Those of you that say Harry has taken us as far as he can should remember that Jol had taken us as far as his abilities could. I liked Martin Jol he was the kind of guy you would like to have a pint with and talk football and especially Spurs. But I felt at the time that he had limitations and in the end I personally believe it showed. If you think Harry's tactics are bad at times Jol's were a lot worse. It was rumoured that he was not always at training and in the end the players had lost faith in him.That is definately the slippery slope and I was glad when he went.

I said when Harry came I wasn't sure he was up to it and I'm still not.However I would like to see him have another year with some new players in and the important ones staying. Also something that Harry has that recent managers haven't is the backing of the players. Many this season have said publicly that he is a great motivator and has boosted many a confidence to certain players.

So lets forget about Harry going for now and start worrying about Levy salivating about the money he could get from the sales of certain of our star players. As he is the one I don't trust not Harry.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 08:54

For me Mikey the thing about another season with 'arry is it maybe the last season we will be able to keep hold of many players we currently have. If we do not acheive next season I forsee a vast exodous of our best players. This is my worry. Is 'arry able to re-acheive what he did last season and possibly more ? Not sure my-self but time alone will tell . . . .

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 09:29

ion better players for the postion.

bale pav have always been at spurs

it seems harrys relised hes brought players that wernt really needed.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue May 03 2011, 10:02

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]ion better players for the postion.

bale pav have always been at spurs

So what? Bale was 19 when Harry arrived and had a mare whenever he set foot on the pitch. Modric got injured and Krancjar was brought in as cover, doing an excellent job too.

Then Bale took off so Krancjar can't get a game, end of.

Bentley is behind Lennon and VDV and rightly so, whilst Wilson is behind The Hudd and now Sandro who is mustard.

Apart from them, all his other buys, Defoe and Crouch, get regular Football because there's no one better, at the moment, for the position.

it seems harrys relised hes brought players that wernt really needed.

Read the above Lought. These players were brought in for a particular use at a particular time. The post Baz put up in your 'Good Post' thread hit the nail on the head, they were brought in to get us back up the table and did so. Only 2 of those buys do I think were either overboard or a waste, Bentley and Palacios. Wilson was never a 15 mill buy but he was needed and did the job up until his brother died. Bentley has been a nonentity.

So really, Harry has had a ricket with one buy. Pretty good really.[/
    quote]
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue May 03 2011, 13:36

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:

Dont think its a wind up ion, but speaking for myself i wouldnt want big martin back, i am happy with harry,its been a difficult season and i think one in which he has learned a lot.

I hope so Lew. I think that the perception on here is that I think Harry can do no wrong. I too have my doubts about him at times, but I've seen what the knee jerk 'sack him and get in Blah' reaction have done to our club season after season and I want some stability to build on. It's not wishful thinking, just plain common sense.

For me, he has made mistakes but he has taken us to the next level from where Jol left us. Jol never got the opportunity to prove that he could take us further, never got the chance to show what he had learnt. I think it'll be criminal to make the same mistake and deny Harry that same opportunity. Mind you, I don't see Levy doing that anyway so it's just the noisey minority doing their usual whinge about how every other club has better players, managers and Chairmen than we do. The X-Box managers who think that they gain real qualifications there.

Lets put it this way , we have done ok even with injuries at key times of the campaign to key players.

I know where you're coming from here Lew but I don't feel this is a legitimate excuse. Chelsea had injuries to key players and they're now challenging for the title. For my money, we have done well in every department bar the strikers. We've been put to the sword on a couple of occasions but this happens to the best of them, I can remember Utd having 6 put past them in the not too distant past. Lack of goals has done us and nothing else and this is all down to the strike department.

One grouse i suppose from myself is that i would like to have seen a couple of youngsters brought through.

I do agree with this, even if I'm not up here banging on about it constantly like some (present company not included). I think that Walker will get his shot next season, hopefully there are others too. But our main priority is getting in a strike combination that will weigh with around 40 goals for the season. We get that and we'll challenge for sure.[/quote]

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 04:32

i dont think we have done well in every department. our defence is woefull letting in 3 aganst wolves 3 aganst blackool 2 aganst stoke.

our defence and strikers where better last season.

also harry didnt rate bale. he said he was on verge of loaning him out before ekotto got injurd. so that was almost another kid that would of vanised again

do you really think harry the man to takes us the next level.
    its going to be even harder next season
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed May 04 2011, 16:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:i dont think we have done well in every department. our defence is woefull letting in 3 aganst wolves 3 aganst blackool 2 aganst stoke.

our defence and strikers where better last season.

also harry didnt rate bale. he said he was on verge of loaning him out before ekotto got injurd. so that was almost another kid that would of vanised again

do you really think harry the man to takes us the next level.
    its going to be even harder next season

I don't know Lought, but I'm willing to give him the opportunity as he has showed enough to have me believing that, with the right buys, he CAN win the title in the next 2 years. A spell of draws hasn't changed my opinion of Harry on jot, neither has the odd bad loss.

I keep referring you back to Fergie's early seasons and you keep ignoring it. The Utd fans were bleating about how he wasn't good enough and should be sacked, the Utd board ignored them.

The rest is History.

Your focus is entirely on the bits that went wrong, others will only focus on the bits that went right.

My focus is on the overall progression and he has advanced us and, like Jol, he's earned the right to show us he can go all the way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 16:56