The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Bring Back BMJ.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bring Back BMJ.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring Back BMJ.

Post by BazSpur Wed May 04 2011, 18:05

Fergies first five years at UTD were shocking as far as results go but all the time he was building. No doubt if the results had carried on he would have been sacked but they won the FA cup and the rest as they say is history I agree with ion and Lew if you give a manager a five year contract unless it's obvious to all that he has lost the plot completely, then you have to let him see his contract out. It takes time to build a team capable of winning honours. Billy Nick didn't swan into the managers job and win the double straight away he had to build a team first. Ditto General Burkinshaw, in fact we got relegated with Keith in charge. Can you imagine the cries for Burkinshaw's head if that was today. Yet the board and the supporters stayed right behind him and the trophies rolled in. Time, time, time.

Last edited by BazSpur on Wed May 04 2011, 22:51; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 18:59

Just to pour petrol on the fire guys & keep the debate going. Do you see 'arry still being with us in 5 years if the board give him the chance to do so ? Ole Red Nose was a lot younger then 'arry is now when he was bulding at Utd. There are also the not insignificant facts of tax evasion charges against him & the possibility of the England job after, should he emerge unsullied from the court case. There are also the unknown factors of resignation due to conflict or offers of other jobs. So do we think that even if given a minimum of 5 years to build 'arry would take it ?
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed May 04 2011, 19:44

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:i dont think we have done well in every department. our defence is woefull letting in 3 aganst wolves 3 aganst blackool 2 aganst stoke.

our defence and strikers where better last season.

also harry didnt rate bale. he said he was on verge of loaning him out before ekotto got injurd. so that was almost another kid that would of vanised again

do you really think harry the man to takes us the next level.
    its going to be even harder next season

I don't know Lought, but I'm willing to give him the opportunity as he has showed enough to have me believing that, with the right buys, he CAN win the title in the next 2 years. A spell of draws hasn't changed my opinion of Harry on jot,

neither has the odd bad loss.

Ion you have to look at the things that went wrong you can't just look at the good "bits" if Harry does that then he will be deluding himself and we will not progress.
    Which ever way you want to look at it this season in the premier was worse than last year. I know you have said many times that it was the strikers that cost us points and it is difficult to argue against that when you look at their record.

However I also think the midfield was dissapointing in the chances created so overall the team during the season has underperformed on last years form.

But in my opinion Harry has to stay and hope he has learnt from the mistakes of this year. You cannot keep changing managers every 2 years and think next is going to be better.

I've said from day one I'm not convinced Harry is up there with the great managers but we have to give him a chance and the players seem to like him also which is a bonus.

Mikey M

I keep referring you back to Fergie's early seasons and you keep ignoring it. The Utd fans were bleating about how he wasn't good enough and should be sacked, the Utd board ignored them.

The rest is History.

Your focus is entirely on the bits that went wrong, others will only focus on the bits that went right.

My focus is on the overall progression and he has advanced us and, like Jol, he's earned the right to show us he can go all the way.

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 07:53

VisionarySound wrote:Just to pour petrol on the fire guys & keep the debate going. Do you see 'arry still being with us in 5 years if the board give him the chance to do so ? Ole Red Nose was a lot younger then 'arry is now when he was bulding at Utd. There are also the not insignificant facts of tax evasion charges against him & the possibility of the England job after, should he emerge unsullied from the court case. There are also the unknown factors of resignation due to conflict or offers of other jobs. So do we think that even if given a minimum of 5 years to build 'arry would take it ?

Honestly vis i think if we have the chance of harry being manager over the next five years then i would take it with open arms, no one .........i repeat no one has given us what he has this season, what fantastic games in the cl, even the greatest doubter cant deny harry that.

You have to remember that it was harrys first time mixing it with the big boys, but we got as far as wengers crew and he has been there so many times before, and i bet he has learnt from the experience.

Harry will have learnt from this season and he knows also that he needs to get in stronger players in certain positions.

It will be a sad day if we lose the best thing in years that has happened to the club.

Keep the faith everyone. Pride

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 07:59

Nice honest answer there Lew. I'm playing Devil's advocate to try & keep the thread moving & hear posters views on what has become, something of, a contencious issue of late . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 15:01