The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What i want to see at spurs. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What i want to see at spurs. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What i want to see at spurs. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What i want to see at spurs. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

What i want to see at spurs.

What i want to see at spurs. Empty What i want to see at spurs.

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 07:40

I want to see a massive youth programme started up, to attract potential young football talent out there, for spurs to be known as a club who will give their youngsters every chance to blossom.

The club will attract more youngsters if it cultivates a reputation for bringing them on in their footballing careers, why would they go to the man utd,s and chelsea,s in the knowledge that those clubs will be busy buying the big names , and not giving them a chance to see what they can do.

I dont know if many remember the ipswich team that bobby robson created in the early 1970s, so many of them were home grown talent and they were going for titles and trophies season after season.

We have to be honest that unless the club is taken over by a sugar daddy, or the club moves to gather in crowds in excess of 60,000 then we just cant match the top four for wages for the better players who can demand massive weekly payouts.

It makes sense that we have to embark on a youth programme more extented than what we have at the moment.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

What i want to see at spurs. Empty Re: What i want to see at spurs.

Post by shearspur Tue May 03 2011, 07:47

i honestly dont believe its all about money for all the players. most top players are rich beyond our wildest dreams anyway. players want to win medals, trophys ,cups and be recognised as being part of the team that did it. lets be honest spurs are not that proposition at the moment, yeah were a reasonably big name club in the scheme of things but to bring medals cups to players.....no not at the moment

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 07:55

nice idea lew. we just need to find young talent and play them.

no more buying oldies unless its drogbra .

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 07:58

shearspur wrote:i honestly dont believe its all about money for all the players. most top players are rich beyond our wildest dreams anyway. players want to win medals, trophys ,cups and be recognised as being part of the team that did it. lets be honest spurs are not that proposition at the moment, yeah were a reasonably big name club in the scheme of things but to bring medals cups to players.....no not at the moment

I beg to differ shear, rooney is a very rich (ugly) young man, who played the game with united until he got a massive pay rise to shut him up, thats one example of the greed that is out there.

Yeah you cant paint all players with the same brush, you do have the loyal ones, but they are few and far between in todays game, look at terry wanting to be chelsea,s top earner and courted the attractions of man city to get his dosh.

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 08:03

Loughtonlegend wrote:nice idea lew. we just need to find young talent and play them.

no more buying oldies unless its drogbra .

You only need to become a club that is known for giving youth a chance to attract these lads, when i did a bit of coaching in the 1990s we had one lad who was fantastic and a spurs fan but he said he wouldnt bother going to spurs for a trial because he knew they were a buying club, he instead had a trial with southend united, who turned him down, unfortunately he got a bit downhearted afterwards and i dont know what happened to him but the point i am trying to make is that these lads need to know the club they are going to will give them every chance.

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 08:48

The point about money is quite possibly on the nail. You give young men vast amounts of money, more money then they can wace a sh*tty stick at & tjeir hunger will not be as keen. Maybe the football authotities should bring in a wage cap then allow clubs to make up wages to the current level's with performance related bonuses ? Just a thought but it would reward sucsess and maybe make players try that little bit harder . . . .

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 17:37

lewspurs wrote:I want to see a massive youth programme started up, to attract potential young football talent out there, for spurs to be known as a club who will give their youngsters every chance to blossom.

The club will attract more youngsters if it cultivates a reputation for bringing them on in their footballing careers, why would they go to the man utd,s and chelsea,s in the knowledge that those clubs will be busy buying the big names , and not giving them a chance to see what they can do.

I dont know if many remember the ipswich team that bobby robson created in the early 1970s, so many of them were home grown talent and they were going for titles and trophies season after season.

We have to be honest that unless the club is taken over by a sugar daddy, or the club moves to gather in crowds in excess of 60,000 then we just cant match the top four for wages for the better players who can demand massive weekly payouts.

It makes sense that we have to embark on a youth programme more extented than what we have at the moment.
    seems like u should be supporting arsenal lew

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 04:13

Ohhhhhhh, never mr burger, i couldnt ever,ever or ever..........i love spurs, always have and always will, however much i get annoyed with them, the love is too deep.

Pride The only team of north london . all others are cheap imitations.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 04 2011, 04:15

lewspurs wrote:Ohhhhhhh, never mr burger, i couldnt ever,ever or ever..........i love spurs, always have and always will, however much i get annoyed with them, the love is too deep.

What i want to see at spurs. 377381 The only team of north london . all others are cheap imitations.

lol! Lew.

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 04:23

Talking of cheap imitations Lew, have you seen how arsenil fans are talking about their manager & players ? Protest marches & all sorts of shenanigans. Spurs in disguise or what ? Warms the cocklesof my heart.

The idea of Yoof Acadameys is one that surely has to be looked more closely. We have one, but unlike some clubs, don't often see the reward of this. Clubs like Muddlesboro', Southampton, Everton, the Mickey Mousers of late, all seem adebt at bringing kids thro'. This surely is an area where we should put players like Ledders out to grass . . . .

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 05:23

VisionarySound wrote:Talking of cheap imitations Lew, have you seen how arsenil fans are talking about their manager & players ? Protest marches & all sorts of shenanigans. Spurs in disguise or what ? Warms the cocklesof my heart.

The idea of Yoof Acadameys is one that surely has to be looked more closely. We have one, but unlike some clubs, don't often see the reward of this. Clubs like Muddlesboro', Southampton, Everton, the Mickey Mousers of late, all seem adebt at bringing kids thro'. This surely is an area where we should put players like Ledders out to grass . . . .

I dont read much about arsenal vis, i suppose i should just for a laugh really.

You have hit the nail on the head vis with the southamptons and middlesbro, they do give youngsters a chance and thats what i am trying to put across that spurs have to become a club that is known to give young football talent a chance, that reputation (if cultivated) will pay dividends because young footballers arent stupid, they know where they should go to get a decent go at things.

Another reason why a lot of the lower teams get starlets that we pay big money for (in the end) is that they know they will be given that chance to show what they can do.......importantly on the actual playing field, while we would play them in pre season friendlies,then drop them for the big names, then loan them out and in the end they want to stay at the club where they play week in week out, doesnt that just tell you something.

We cant compete with the top tier clubs for wages and now man city have raised the wages ceiling another foot or two, its even harder, we have to start a concentrated youth programme and actually play the youngsters instead of continually buying in because all we will get is those players the top 4 dont want anyway.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed May 04 2011, 08:33

boo yaka

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 15:41

Is loboese for something or the other ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 16:11