The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 levy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 levy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 levy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 levy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 levy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 levy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 levy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 levy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 levy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

levy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

levy

levy Empty levy

Post by Guest Mon May 23 2011, 00:09

Dear Supporter

I write this today ahead of knowing whether or not we have qualified for European football for next season and ahead of a final day of fixtures that will settle key positions for so many teams - such has been the intense competitiveness of this season's Premier League.

Harry and his coaching staff have worked with the squad to deliver performances during the season that fans will remember for years to come.

This season we experienced our first venture in the Champions League and it was one which saw us reach the Quarter Final stage. We achieved this playing some of the most entertaining and exciting football of the competition - truly memorable performances.

We shall miss and all be disappointed at not qualifying for the Champions League for a subsequent year, but I know that the players will be fully focussed next season on returning us to this elite competition.

Our performances in the Premier League have provided great entertainment for supporters too. This season we scored our 1000th goal in the Premier League - a goal which was also Jermain Defoe's 100th goal for the Club - and we recorded wins away at ars*nal and Liverpool, our first wins there since 1993.

We have spent years and hundreds of millions of pounds investing in our First Team squad and in creating a settled team. Having quality players means they automatically attract attention from other clubs - but I can assure you that we have no reason to sell, and every intention of retaining, our key players. We shall simply not entertain any approaches for these players.

We do, however, currently have one of the largest squads in the Premier League and, given the 25 man squad rule, it is no longer practical to retain players who are unlikely to qualify within that limit. We shall, therefore, look to reduce the number of these players during the coming summer transfer window in order to operate both effectively and efficiently.

Additionally, this season we saw the growth and development of several younger players who have undoubtedly benefitted from the combined system of loaning to ensure match time whilst retaining training sessions back at Spurs Lodge. Several of these players will be valuable additions to our First Team next season.

We were delighted to see Tottenham Hotspur Ladies top the South East Combination League this season, winning a well-earned promotion to the FA Women's Premier League Southern Division. We shall have the opportunity to applaud them at half-time today as they parade the trophy and we wish them well for next season.

Off the pitch our players have, as always, given their time generously to support the community projects delivered by the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, which continues to go from strength to strength. Its added focus is on increasing the employability of individuals of all ages and abilities - a vital role in current times.

We continue to plan for the future growth of the Club. On Friday we took the First Team players and coaching staff to visit the new Training Centre at Enfield. Construction of the main building is well underway and they were able to see the layout and scale of this vast new facility. It is well on course to open in the summer of 2012.

It has taken us six years and three planning applications to achieve and is clear evidence of the determination and ambition of the Club.

We are equally determined and ambitious for a new increased capacity stadium and we shall apply the same energy and vigour in achieving this. We shall look to keep you all updated.

When the players circle the pitch at the end of the day they will be thanking you for your tremendous support and for the way in which you filled stadia home and away cheering and spurring them on. It has been this combination of team and supporters that has made this season so memorable for us all. Thank you.

I wish you and your families an enjoyable and relaxing summer and look forward to welcoming you back next season.

Yours, Daniel.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28050&posts=10#ixzz1N5PpuOVk
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

levy Empty Re: levy

Post by totalytot Mon May 23 2011, 02:51

It all sounds very nice and I would like to believe him but I know that when the big boys start waving check books and talking telephone numbers he will be licking his lips.

I have never trusted the man I simply believe he is all business and very little football.

Mikey M
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 23 2011, 04:41

[b][b][b]What has Levy ever done for us![/b][/b][/b]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content