The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Another Harry Article. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Another Harry Article. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
cstmrsking
Boltjean
BazSpur
7 posters

Another Harry Article.

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Another Harry Article. - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Harry Article.

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 04:50

Boltjean wrote:So what you are saying Sid is this club will always be in a state of limbo because, if we have a couple of players like Bale and Modric, and there ambitions are to play for United or Chelsea, we should not stand in there way, let them go. If we have a manager that can deliver the success this clubs supporters crave, and Chelsea want him, let him go. Can you remember the last manager we had that no matter how good or bad he was, left this club because he was tempted by an offer from a bigger club?, I cant. I believe that all the managers we have had in our history have been loyal to Spurs and wanted whats best for the club. I can not remember in our history a manager being linked with another club, even our Bill, and imo had he been I think he would have stayed at the club for the simple reason Spurs was in his blood and that is what many of us are saying, we want a manager who is proud to be a Tottenham manager, Harry does not seem to show that passion, just here to do the best he can and if it does not work when a better offer comes in I am off without finishing the job. You say about Harry earning more money for his family if a top club come in for him, has he not earned enough, the game has give him a good life, pluss TV appearances and writing for the papers. I do not think it's the club in Harrys blood, neither passion or loyalty, it's money, is he not still waiting for his tax trial. No time for the man when he can not say if he wants to stay or go, and I have a feeling Levy is not to happy about this either, should he be looking for a new manager or not, no good waiting untill the season starts, if Harry is going we need to be looking for his replacement now, if he is not, at least have the courage to do so NOW.

No, What I'm saying is when you have a good manager ffs support him. dont slag him off in every other blog on the net, dont slag him off from behind him in the crowd during a match, dont go looking for stuff to winge about when the bloke is doing better than anyone else in the last 20 years. Because if you do, when he gets an oppertunity to move to better things, he wont think twice about it. He's a f*cking Spam fan, We know he has no loyalty to us, nor would he have to Chelsea. when did he say he was anything other than the latest manager to have a go at bringing us back to where we once where? And how well is he doing compared to all the other have a go hero's we've had lately.

trouble with some fans is, give em an inch & they want a mile. Harry Redknapp is the best manager we have had in decades and yet, AS EVER, we see spurs fans moaning like bitches on heat cos life aint perfect.

What exactly do you think he thinks when he see's all the moaning? do you honestly think he say's Ooh I must try harder.

We should be kneeling down before the bloke & begging him to stay, making him feel good about his position. But instead all thats out their is dumb critisism.

& pleeeeese tell me what manager worth his wages is going to see us plucked from relegation driven up the league and then sack our manager for not declaring his love of the team and then say yeah, I'l have that job?

Absolute f*cking madness.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 05:10

BazSpur wrote:Love em or hate em look at Ferguson and Wenger. Still at there clubs. OK I doubt SAF would ever leave Manure for another club but Wenger has been linked with other clubs in the past and he always quashed the rumours straight away. Come on Harry say you're not interested. Repped Len.

Dont you think Wenker knows he wouldn't do so well at any other club? What has he actually done other than preside over a club that has had a disproportionate amount of luck under a goony packed premiership board which is govend by a goony packed FA?

The bloke has not won a shilling with a team of his own design and making. The cleaners at hemeroids know he needs to buy in players but he's always too little too late. George Graham built the team that picked up the trophy's not him.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 30 2011, 05:19

I once had that same argument with Burger sid. He reckons Wenger only had Grahams team for the first two seasons of his tenure.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 05:39

BazSpur wrote:I once had that same argument with Burger sid. He reckons Wenger only had Grahams team for the first two seasons of his tenure.

Their only problem has been defending and seeing games out and that started when the back four set in place by Graham was fully dispanded. lets face it Any manager that presides over the same problem year after year after year, cant be that good.

They cheat, they have a lot of remarkable luck, they still dont win anything. is that a good manager
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 30 2011, 05:45

That's why the goon supporters are beginning to question Wenger and his buying policy. He is supposed to have been given money to spend but he never spends much of it.

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 05:47

BazSpur wrote:That's why the goon supporters are beginning to question Wenger and his buying policy. He is supposed to have been given money to spend but he never spends much of it.

I find wenger very entertaining, kicking water bottles about, and that face when his team concede a goal, says it all............ lol! lol! lol! Cabinet
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 30 2011, 06:03

You know Sid I never thought about that but of course his early successful years were all Grahams side that he had nurtured and brought along. The "boys" that Wenger has had in his side for the past 6 years have won zilch.

Wenger for Chelsea now that would be interesting.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 30 2011, 06:06

Sid, how come since Wenger has been in charge we have not finished above them once, and I believe they have won 3 titles under him, they have been in the Champions League season after season, they have not won it but have had there chances to do so, I would not mind us having some of that remarkable luck. As for Harry, you might think I am one of those that want him to go, but I do not, I want him to stay and finish the job, prove to us what a great manager he is, I would just love him to show more passion for Spurs and he could make a start of showing that passion by just saying he will be staying, it is not right he is not saying anything while all these rumours are around, we do not want him dropping a bombshell in mid July by saying I am off. One thing I do find strange is that Levy has not come out and said Harry is not going anywhere, he did state we will be keeping our top players, but not a mention of Harry, stange.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 06:10

BazSpur wrote:That's why the goon supporters are beginning to question Wenger and his buying policy. He is supposed to have been given money to spend but he never spends much of it.

The Goons have invested so much ego in boasting about the quality of their manager they are gonna have to swallow tonn's of pride before admiting what we have always known. He's an average manager with a lot of advantages, give him west ham and they will be in the 2nd division in two years. He always talks of "we" when they win and "they" when they loose, he never gives credit to other teams, it's a bullshyt trip on a gravy train that would of succeeded if it was run by an idiot.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 30 2011, 06:27

em Sid I do not think you go much on Wenger. Can I just ask a question, and all of you be honest, would you all have been happy had Wenger been our manager instead of the Arsenal's manager and we had achieved what they have over the what, 10 or 12 past seasons, I would have been quite happy, the same with Fergie, we love to hate him but had it been us under Fergie winning all these titles we would have worshiped him. I think there is a bit of jealousy showing here. I can not stand these two or there clubs, but had either of these been a Spurs manager I would have been quite happy, and I think all of you would, season after season looking down at the gooners. Just wish Harry would kick more bottles, show his frustration at loosing.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 06:40

lost another post aghghghghgh
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon May 30 2011, 06:44

Boltjean wrote:em Sid I do not think you go much on Wenger. Can I just ask a question, and all of you be honest, would you all have been happy had Wenger been our manager instead of the Arsenal's manager and we had achieved what they have over the what, 10 or 12 past seasons, I would have been quite happy, the same with Fergie, we love to hate him but had it been us under Fergie winning all these titles we would have worshiped him. I think there is a bit of jealousy showing here. I can not stand these two or there clubs, but had either of these been a Spurs manager I would have been quite happy, and I think all of you would, season after season looking down at the gooners. Just wish Harry would kick more bottles, show his frustration at loosing.

couldnt of happend. he took over a good side back then, we were crap, he cant build a side he can only sit at the helm while every trick that can be pulled in their favour by the goonie Prem board and FA cheifs is pulled. They are a club that cheats, it's a non starter.

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 06:55

i dont like wenger but hes a great manager. harry not done that well for us. we got 4th last season in a weak league and we struggled to hold on to 5th in a another bad league.we scored less goals at home, conceded loads. harry is used to relegation battles. time wil tell to see if he can take us to the next step
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 30 2011, 12:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:i dont like wenger but hes a great manager. harry not done that well for us. we got 4th last season in a weak league and we struggled to hold on to 5th in a another bad league.we scored less goals at home, conceded loads. harry is used to relegation battles. time wil tell to see if he can take us to the next step

I don't agree Lought. 'Man who sucks Lemons' is a great Coach and a great CLUB manager but a poor TEAM manager. I agree with Sid here. For me, the art of great team management is to get the best out of the players you have at your disposal whilst having the ability to outmaneuvre your opposition manager with both your starting tactics and your ability to change within the course of a game.

'Man who sucks Lemons' turns out excellent Footballers, provided they are playing within the confines of his tactics. In other words, they're great Footballers as long as they play for the goons, export them and they're pretty ordinary, they can't adapt. In conjunction with this, if you suss out and nullify his starting tactics then they are beaten. He cannot adapt and, as evidenced by their constant choking when it really matters, he can't motivate them either.

I don't agree on the league either. For me, this is a stronger league than ever because it's more competitive. There are no 'banker' 3 pointers any more. Virtually everyone has gotten stronger, we just happen to be at the forefront of that pack, along with Citeh, only Citeh have spending power greater than anyone else in the World.

Harry has done well, but he could also have done better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 15:20