The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Disco Benny Take a Bow EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Disco Benny Take a Bow Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Disco Benny Take a Bow

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Disco Benny Take a Bow Empty Disco Benny Take a Bow

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 14 2011, 22:41

Source: Official Site

Benoit Assou-Ekotto feels playing regularly was the biggest factor in another super-consistent season.

The full-back started 45 of our 53 matches in all competitions in 2010-11.

He was the only player to start all 12 of our matches in the Champions League and only Luka Modric made more starts in the Premier League. Luka started 32 times, Benoit and Heurelho Gomes 30 each.

"I played a lot of games, 45 and I think I played well," reflected a typically-modest Benoit.

"When you play one game and do it well, it gives you confidence for the next game. After 10 you have even more confidence and that’s good for the whole season.

"It was a great experience, especially the Champions League. We finished in the last eight. For the first time (in the competition), that was great."

Harry Redknapp is a huge fan of the Cameroon international. "He's one of the best left-backs around," said the manager.

"He's quick, strong, aggressive and has amazing ability. His body strength is unbelievable. You watch when he goes for a 50-50, players bounce off him.

"There aren't many better than him, for sure and you certainly wouldn't want to play against him."

This was also included in the Sun's website. What is so amazing is that they actually managed to print the thing accurately!

I remember when Disco Benny first joined us. I'd seen him play for Marseilles and banged on about how he'd be one of the best in Europe when he found his feet. I can even remember Nic giving me a hard time over it too. I've been wrong about a few things in my time but was I ever right on this one?

Sorry chaps, I don't often bask in 'I told you so's' but I'm really pleased for the guy so I'm enjoying this one. lol!

Incidentally, if you go onto the Sun website to read it, take a look at one of the related stories, namely the one where Chelsea say they'll make Mod rich.

Allegedly he's rated as being worth 15 million and only has 3 years left on his contract! lmao

Every once in a while it is so gratifying to slag the red tops off and have them offer indisputable proof that you are 100% right!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Disco Benny Take a Bow Empty Re: Disco Benny Take a Bow

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 15 2011, 00:29

ionman34 wrote::
    Sorry chaps, I don't often bask in 'I told you so's' but I'm really pleased for the guy so I'm enjoying this one. lol!
    [/b][/i][/color]

Why not , i love it when im so right all the time, how right i was about every little thing , and how this season would pan out , i loved the fact i was bang on about not having enough strikers, i loved the fact i silenced the majority with my pin point "mystic meg style " analogy of last season , and this was all in jan, so ion my advice is enjoy it old son..enjoy it lol!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 04:15

lol im i reading this, hes ok but hes prone to making to many errors. hes a good left back but how many times did he leave you worried he was going to make another mistake....

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 08:16

When he's on his game he's as good as almost anyone else in the EPL. I remember how he had Ronaldo in his pocket in the CC final. But he is sometimes seemingly dis-intrested & prone to almost catastrophic lapses in concentration. If he can eradicate these faults from his game then he could go on to be one of the greats but until then he is just Spurs 1st choice left-back and not much else . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 10:13

yep aganst the good teams he was amazin but when playing small teams he had the im to good for you attidtude.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 15 2011, 13:48

You all talk cack, Benny is one of the top 3 in England which puts him in the top handful in Europe. He's so underrated it's ridiculous and so long as you lot listen to Hansen peddle his bollox it'll remain the same.

Which, incidentally, is fine by me as we'll keep him for that much longer.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15 2011, 18:55

ionman34 wrote:
    You all talk cack, Benny is one of the top 3 in England which puts him in the top handful in Europe. He's so underrated it's ridiculous and so long as you lot listen to Hansen peddle his bollox it'll remain the same.

What a load of tosh Ion. We talk cack but you don't ? I am Ion and my opinion is all that counts. On his day he is one of the best but his inconsistency lets him down far too often. I don't watch MOTD so therefore my opinion is not based on that of anyone else. Just watching him play for Spurs, and all too often I have seen him put in a lacklustre shift. His passing, at times, resembles the meanderings of an eldely drunk - all over the place and anywhere but where it should be. Yes he has the poetential to acheive great things but he needs to tighten up his concentration to fully realise his abilities. . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 15 2011, 19:40

VisionarySound wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

What a load of tosh Ion. We talk cack but you don't ? I am Ion and my opinion is all that counts. On his day he is one of the best but his inconsistency lets him down far too often. I don't watch MOTD so therefore my opinion is not based on that of anyone else. Just watching him play for Spurs, and all too often I have seen him put in a lacklustre shift. His passing, at times, resembles the meanderings of an eldely drunk - all over the place and anywhere but where it should be. Yes he has the poetential to acheive great things but he needs to tighten up his concentration to fully realise his abilities. . . .

Bloody Hell Vis, has it now come to the point where you have to stick an LOL smilie, or something similar, for people to see a tongue in cheek comment?

Get off your high horse old buddy.

Oh, before I forget ........................... lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 15 2011, 21:07

I'm with ion on this I rate Benny highly which is why he is in my dream team. Yes he is prone to the odd mistake but all in all I think he does a great job.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 11:10

he seems to play brillantly aganst the top sides, its the lesser teams that he has the im to good for them attitude.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 13:20