The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
Boltjean
ionman34
LOBO
9 posters

27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? Empty 27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ?

Post by LOBO Sun Jul 24 2011, 20:23

I think if this is true then we seriously need to take a step back and give this one some serious thought , what do you guys reckon?

CHELSEA boss Andre Villas-Boas is poised to test Spurs’ resolve to keep Luka Modric by offering them £27million AND Daniel Sturridge.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ? Empty Re: 27 MILL + Sturridge for Modric ?

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 24 2011, 21:20

LOBO wrote:I think if this is true then we seriously need to take a step back and give this one some serious thought , what do you guys reckon?

CHELSEA boss Andre Villas-Boas is poised to test Spurs’ resolve to keep Luka Modric by offering them £27million AND Daniel Sturridge.

Righto. Stepped back, thought about it ...................

f*ck OFF CHELSKI!!!

Feel much better now.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 24 2011, 21:21

Now 27 million and Torres I'd be happy with.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Jul 24 2011, 22:01

I just do not know anymore. Do we keep a player that does not want to be here anymore, or take the money and Sturridge and maybe get a player that would love to join our club?. I believe that now we are in a win win situation, we get a player who wants to be at the club pluss cash, and get shot of one who does not. I did read that a Spurs insider has stated that we will not sell him at any price as what message would this send out to the likes of Bale. He also said that, Modric wants to leave the club but he will just have to knuckle down and get on with it. We are paying his wages after all, and gave him his chance in the premiership league, he has to show a bit of loyalty. imo, I love the way we are standing up to Chelsea, I do not think there is any chance of a nuclear attack on White Heart Lane as the Russians have got rid of most of their weapons, just a few rusty tanks, so perhaps we should tell them not to bother to come back with any further bid's. Then again I can not help thinking that I do not want a player here who is not proud or fit to wear the Spurs shirt.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jul 24 2011, 22:04

no thinking necessary, Tell em to do 1 for the last time and not bother coming back!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 24 2011, 22:31

I agree with Lee and ion. We have to make a stand to show the likes of Manure and Chelski they cannot take the pick of our players when the fancy takes them. There was a time when I sadi let him go for the reasons Len said but now I think Why should we. Bollox to that. If we cave in now it will always be the same. Anytime time we gat a decent player they will be knocking on our door. After the Berbatoss saga I would never deal with Manure again if I were Levy. I really believe Levy will not sell Modric this season now. Next season? Who knows.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 22:39

yep tell them to do one. . if they can spend 50 mill on torres then modric worth the same.

also modric not the type to sulk
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jul 25 2011, 02:51

Are we all convinced that Mods will play wih the same Heart and enthusiasm this season as last, given that his Heart is not with us?

If true, 27 million plus a striker. I say bite their effing hands off. I know about the message that may or may not send out to player A or team B. But we not about cutting our nose off to spite our face are we.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jul 25 2011, 03:55

I do think Modric is going I just think Levy is waiting for the right price. But 27 mil and Sturridge is no good to us.

Sturridge is an OK player and probably will get better but he will only be a squad player if he came and that's not what we are looking for is it?

If they want to give us 27m and Drogba .....even if he is only good for one more season....and Benayoun then we would have to think about it.

On the point about if he stays how will he play, as I have said on here before I believe initially he will be dissapointed but will eventually get stuck in he's not a Berbatov.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25 2011, 04:15

£27M, Sturridge, Drogba, Cashley (just so as we can make him our bitch, Malouda & Kalou plus add-on's. Seriously tho'. We should tell 'em to do one . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25 2011, 05:44

why should we sell players we need to clubs who wouldnt sell to us.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Jul 31 2011, 16:41

I agree...while the offer looks good, I think we do need to take a stand to these so called big clubs and these players who think they can put us down and expect to move when they want even though they just signed a 6 year contract . If they couldnt see themselves being at Spurs for the full length of their contract then they shouldnt have signed.

But it is a double edged sword, while we dont want to sell our best players, we also dont want to keep players that dont want to be here and if they dont want to be here,will they still play with all their heart and give their all? Will they be looking for the next transfer window when this one has past? Will their attitude start to take a turn for the worse? And will it bring the dressing room down?

Now Harry has been quoted as saying that Modric has been a model professional in all this etc etc? But how true is this? Is it Harry trying to keep him sweet while we are trying to keep him at the club? Which i personally think the reason we made him Captain in South Africa was for this reason.

So in all this i think we should start looking to accept an offer when it gets over a certain amount that WE find acceptable and not the player..or the other club or his agent, and i dont think the amount will get to it but i think anything over 35-36 million then we have to start taking it seriously as we could buy some decent players with that amount.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 21:58

LOBO wrote:I think if this is true then we seriously need to take a step back and give this one some serious thought , what do you guys reckon?

What has sturridge ever done to think we would want him at spurs.?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:05

The problem is. Even if we get 35 mill or whatever we are leaving it very late to get a decent striker in.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:10

BazSpur wrote:The problem is. Even if we get 35 mill or whatever we are leaving it very late to get a decent striker in.

Latest thing is a final offer of £40 mill baz?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:15

Where does it say that Lew?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:26

ffs ...another post in never never land

Ok ...shortened version ....

Watched Sturridge's performance versus Villa in Maylasia yesterday on an internet stream ...Was very poor if Im honest ...

He's contribution to overall play wasnt to bad but nothing that really caught the eye ...

Had 3 shots on goal ....listed below

1). His right leg is only for standing on or for when he is aiming for the corner flag ...

2). He had a great opportunity to score when the ball fell to him 5 yards out but he somehow managed to ballon it over the bar ...A Sandra moment !

3) He cant claim an assist .. His shot was going well wide and Torres poked it in ....

Josh McEachran another name mentioned in a possible deal ...Now this kid is going to be good , really good methinks ...Wilshire and Him could well be Englands midfield pairing post Capello and on yesterdays show I can see the Chavs wanting to link him up with Modric in the center midfield ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 12:49