The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
NEW SEASON (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

NEW SEASON (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

NEW SEASON (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

NEW SEASON (My Take) Empty NEW SEASON (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Tue Aug 30 2011, 20:35

1, Everton,,,
    Called off & not a thing the club could have done about that. But i am 100% sure that we'd have won that game & been on 3 points now. They had injury's & suspension's.

2, Hearts,,,
    Yes an inferior team that's for sure, BUT a great passing & finishing display all the same. The only plus from the Everton postponement was the strength of the team Harry put out. So to all intents & purposes job done on the qualifying for the league stages.

3, Man Utd,,,
    The 3-0 scoreline makes it look worse than in was in my humble opinion. We matched them in the first half even shading possession at times. But the beginning of the end came when Corluka came on for the sick Walker. He kept pulling Dawson over the cover him rather than him covering Dawson the way it should be. That's how Welbeck scored when he got in behind Kaboul & Daw's wasn't close enough to get him.
    The second goal came from the ridiculous decision to change both CM's by Harry. Yes Kranjcar needed to come off he was out on his feet. But taking Livermore off as well was a big mistake. Dropping VD Vaart into the middle who never went with Anderson & left him to score.
    Third was just rubbing our faces in it.

4, Hearts,,,
    With the job all ready done we blooded a couple of youngsters. I liked Carroll & Kane but the pace shown by Fredericks must give Lennon a run for his money. Clean sheet a bonus i suppose. But one of the more experienced players should have taken the penalty. Kane's next appearance at WHL will be a long way away & that could play on his mind missing that, it could even destroy some players waiting to make amends.

5, Man City,,,
    The moment the team sheet went in with Kranjcar & Modric in the middle we were all ready onto a hiding to nothing. Niko god love him because i don't at the moment was out of his depth. Modric looked about has committed as i was to my giving up drinking new years resolution. They cut through us like a hot knife through butter & gave us a footballing lesson. Crouch up front was another tactical mistake, we're one dimensional with him up front we just lob the ball up to him & that's food & drink for the likes of Lescott & Kompany. There is no threat behind. Hardly heard Bale's name all match. Two pluses for me was Defoe looking that single minded, confident striker again. Then the loudest cheer of the day came from Livermore losing the ball on the edge of the Citeh area & actually running & tackling back winning the ball. That says it all really.
    Just like to add i like Kaboul but his performance there just shows up all that's wrong with him.

So a good time for an International break & hopefully a couple of players coming in to add to Adebayoooooooooooooooooor,,,,your Dad works at Icelands & your Mum's waiting for your dinner to thaw!
    The Modric saga sorted out once & for all & we can start the season again at Wolves.

Just as a footnote,,,,,, who else thinks Harry is undermining Levy at every turn over Modric,,,,,, keep going on about his mental state & hinting he doesn't want him anymore. Because i think Levy is trying to make a statement here that will help us hold onto players in the future.

Any way that's my take,,,, love it or hate it,,,,,,,i stand by it lol.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

NEW SEASON (My Take) Empty Re: NEW SEASON (My Take)

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 30 2011, 20:53

SuneJim wrote:
    Just as a footnote,,,,,, who else thinks Harry is undermining Levy at every turn over Modric,,,,,, keep going on about his mental state & hinting he doesn't want him anymore. Because i think Levy is trying to make a statement here that will help us hold onto players in the future.

Harry has a big mouth and he talks to much to the media as if he is the Chairmen, i don't know any manager or assistant at any other club that are so vocal about there own chairmen, and your right he is undermining levy , no one is as big as arry is , i knew he was a bit of a charlie when he told us we have never had it so good, what an insult to our history , well arry we have you know we won the double until you match or beat that then don't come out with stupid one liners and calling the fans idiots is just a master stroke, why the hell does levy put up with it.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Aug 30 2011, 22:58

Levy was losing patience a while ago so i've heard. Harry can't keep it in his trousers just has to answer every thing. But he's just trying to push things along as he wanted players all ready in. Look at Utd playing like they've been together all there lives because they've had time to gel before the season starts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 30 2011, 23:15

What I'm not sure about which one wants to buy players on the cheap. Arry or Levy?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 07:36