The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The missing Ingredient  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The missing Ingredient  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The missing Ingredient  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The missing Ingredient  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The missing Ingredient  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The missing Ingredient  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The missing Ingredient  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The missing Ingredient  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The missing Ingredient  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The missing Ingredient  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

The missing Ingredient

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

The missing Ingredient  Empty The missing Ingredient

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:01

Adebayor & Parker both really impressed me today..amazing players, Parker gives us fight and adebayor give us flair , there talent was rubbing of on the other players, we looked flat 1st half but the second half the class shone through and it gave the other players confidence to start passing , 2 good editions to the squad both a really good second half performance . 8 /10
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

The missing Ingredient  Empty Re: The missing Ingredient

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:05

3 good additions Lobo.

Ledders at the back was immense IMO, he just oozes calm and seems to make everyone around him play better.

I wonder do the other players rub against him before stepping on the pitch!
    cat2

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:12

yep well said lobo

ade did more then crouch and pav today and yet he not played in ages.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 03:13

ionman34 wrote:3 good additions Lobo.

Ledders at the back was immense IMO, he just oozes calm and seems to make everyone around him play better.

cat2

I was watching parker , pure class how he never stops , its just what we have needed in the team for years someone who can lead by example , and having a truly world class striker in the team must can only do good, im really confident about our season now, it was a good win first time weve won there in 8 seasons Smile

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:50

LOBO wrote:

cat2

I was watching parker , pure class how he never stops , its just what we have needed in the team for years someone who can lead by example , and having a truly world class striker in the team must can only do good, im really confident about our season now, it was a good win first time weve won there in 8 seasons Smile

So is this the best spurs team we can play this season lob ! allowing for injuries?

Friedel,ekotto,walker,king,kaboul,parker,sandro,modric,bale,lennon, adebayor.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:25

Walker really impressed me too. How fast is that lad? He can tackle as well. At the moment it looks like a bright future. Just one gripe. There always has to be one doesn't there? I would have liked to see Gio get more game time. Last six minutes or so just wasn't enough. Maybe when we went 2 up would have been a better time to bring him on. Still, I aint gonna grumble too much. A fine performance from Spurs today. Looking forward to seeing it on Match of the day as I only saw the second half. First half I listened on the radio. Got a good link for the second half.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:31

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

cat2

So is this the best spurs team we can play this season lob ! allowing for injuries?

Friedel,ekotto,walker,king,kaboul,parker,sandro,modric,bale,lennon, adebayor.

I think it has a nice balance and close to the best team we have , but i don't want to get carried away because of the win, but to win there for the first time in 8 years must mean something, i like scott parker he always tracks back and chases down the ball when we lose it, he always plays it simple and it with modric in the team we had a nice balance and still plenty of options elsewhere what with sandro & hundredstone , and defoe partnering adebayor omg looked so comfortable and didnt defoe look like his old self again ..i can see better performances ahead
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:35

The Bin dippers will be a real test for us. At least it's at home though. I fear them less than I did last week after today's performance.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:26

friedel done really well i thought from 2 snap shots from o hara, real sharp shots well saved kept us well in the game. only gripe i had was adebayor mentioning how he has respect for a*se . why even mention them when you just got your debut goal for us !!!!!! they got shot of you mate
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:34

Have to agree Shear. Oh well as long as he scores against them and gets us lots of goals I will be happy. Like he says, he is a proffessional.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 11 2011, 18:17

When the transfer window was going on I know we needed a striker badly but I said the one player we needed was Parker.I have always liked him and dissapointed when we didn't get him in the past. Ady will score goals for us and it will bring out the best in Defoe like it did today but Parker and god willing a fit Ledders will really make this team click.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 19:22

totalytot wrote:
    When the transfer window was going on I know we needed a striker badly but I said the one player we needed was Parker.I have always liked him and dissapointed when we didn't get him in the past. Ady will score goals for us and it will bring out the best in Defoe like it did today but Parker and god willing a fit Ledders will really make this team click.

Mikey M

Exactly so mike, i can mirror those thoughts.
    I really dont get it when others say " dont want parker " because he turned us down before ! or because adebayor was an ex goon.
    If they improve the side, (and they did) then i dont give a shite about their past, thats all gone and we should move on, they are tottenham players now.
    We can get 3 good seasons from parker, and no one can deny his work rate, as for ade ! i would like to see us sign him permanately, but there might be some problems wages wise, but lets enjoy him while we have him at spurs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 11 2011, 21:47

Parker made the difference. He gave us some steel in midfield, something we haven't had for some time. Not going to get carried away but we looked very solid and Adebayour and Defoe seemed to hit it off up front.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 14:15