The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
can we win the league EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
can we win the league EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
can we win the league EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
can we win the league EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
can we win the league EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
can we win the league EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
can we win the league EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
can we win the league EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
can we win the league EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

can we win the league Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
philip
cstmrsking
6 posters

can we win the league

can we win the league Empty can we win the league

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 05:10

we have a chance to to get to 38 points before the chelsea game
    if we dont lose to them then we have norwich and swansea over xmas

the only game that worrys me is the stoke away game. but they aint playing well

chelsea cant sack avb because hes on to much money. there team are old
    drogbra passed it. chec is lossing it. terry cant do it all himself
    lumpard i dont rate

man c will be our bigest threat as they have arguebly a better sqaud then us

man u have no flair midfeilder wich worrys me they may try and go for modric.

is it worth a cheeky bet lol spurs to win the league
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

can we win the league Empty Re: can we win the league

Post by cstmrsking Thu Nov 24 2011, 07:13

No! lol

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 07:58

At 40/1 I placed a nugget of mine own . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Thu Nov 24 2011, 11:13

YES WE CAN

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 11:14

No, but 2nd is the next best thing i suppose.
    Man city will win it unless something goes radically wrong with them, and if they go out the cl it gives them just the prem to concentrate on, and domestic cups.
    I cant see any threat in chelsea, liverpool or the goons, however playing them away could be hard to get points out of, we are long due a win at chelsea and i can see it happening this season.
    The two other hardest games we have already lost, the man city home defeat was the hardest to take for me rather than the other mancs away, we still have man utd at home and we can win that one no problem as far as i can see.
    We can stay on this unbeaten run now for a long time, but somewhere along the line some mid table or lower tsble club will do us by one goal, it happens to the best of them.

The longer we keep king in the team the better, as long as we dont lose king we can stay defensively sound, i like kaboul and gallas just cant get his place back, shows you how well the cb pairing are playing.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Nov 24 2011, 18:03

My heart saying YES but my Head is telling me we will fall some way short, you just carnt see who is going to beat City at the moment and you write off United at your peril, Fergie has been here before..................................... BUT, having said that we are paying really well at the moment no one wants to play us at present so if we can keep playing the way were playing and keep key men fit (thats the full 11 at the min) then who knows whats possible??? COYS crest
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 24 2011, 18:57

Yes we can , i tell myself this at the beginning of every season .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 24 2011, 20:13

I think deffo top 4, cant see us winning it yet, but who knows come end of January when a lot of teams will have tired players,suspensions and injuries and our deeper squad depth will come to the fore.
    Hudd and Daws will be back by then and we will prob shift Pav and get another striker and depending on who that is can push us on and give the other 3 a bit more competetion.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 24 2011, 22:34

Been telling you lot that for the past 2 seasons.

We are good enough.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 24 2011, 23:47

we are good enough, I always said all we needed was a midfield general and a world class striker and we got that now, we can also win games when a season or two ago we would have Caved in , we are far from playing are best football yet and i think the difference has been Walker Parker Ade added to the talented squad we already had, walker has made right back his own all imo are three exceptional players "fighters" its made all the difference
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 25 2011, 00:42

LOBO wrote:we are good enough, I always said all we needed was a midfield general and a world class striker and we got that now, we can also win games when a season or two ago we would have Caved in , we are far from playing are best football yet and i think the difference has been Walker Parker Ade added to the talented squad we already had, walker has made right back his own all imo are three exceptional players "fighters" its made all the difference

Yep, although Charlie is a capable defender, Walker can get up and down the pitch and we was always found wanting on that side of the pitch, now we have two quick full backs and two very quick wingers.

What i like about Walker is how quickly he is learning the defensive side of his game, one more season and we will have the best right back in the Country and I can think of many in the world.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 25 2011, 00:57

djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:we are good enough, I always said all we needed was a midfield general and a world class striker and we got that now, we can also win games when a season or two ago we would have Caved in , we are far from playing are best football yet and i think the difference has been Walker Parker Ade added to the talented squad we already had, walker has made right back his own all imo are three exceptional players "fighters" its made all the difference

Yep, although Charlie is a capable defender, Walker can get up and down the pitch and we was always found wanting on that side of the pitch, now we have two quick full backs and two very quick wingers.

What i like about Walker is how quickly he is learning the defensive side of his game, one more season and we will have the best right back in the Country and I can think of many in the world.

Walker does have the edge over corluka with his pace and ability to score , I really can't imagine a team sheet without his name on it now he really has cemented that position and ledders is like a new man hes having a blinder this season the whole back four look solid and dawson is going to have trouble get back in the side when fit but a lovely option to have .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 05:07