The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Can Tottenham Win The League ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Can Tottenham Win The League ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Can Tottenham Win The League ?

Can Tottenham Win The League ? Empty Can Tottenham Win The League ?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 19:36

Article from today's Telegraph . . . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9011517/This-is-Tottenhams-once-in-a-generation-chance-to-land-Premier-league-title-that-has-eluded-club-for-so-long.html
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Can Tottenham Win The League ? Empty Re: Can Tottenham Win The League ?

Post by seebee1944 Sat Jan 14 2012, 00:20

Same sort of thing in todays Independent, concludes if they do it will be their away performances. Even the press are sitting up and taking notice. BELIEVE.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jan 14 2012, 01:59

Good read Vis ...I've now read a few of these type of articles these past few days from broad sheets to various Tottenham Blogs and its all very time consuming but I just can't get enough Smile ....

Enjoying it whilst it last is my recommendation to all Spurs fans because this is what the game is all about .. A pursuit of our domestic league's ultimate prize rather than mid-table mediocrity has long been overdue ...

My happiness is that the team are also playing the kind of football I want to see, with the hoof ball to the center forward being almost non existent ... The patience shown in our game is what is so encouraging and this is down to belief that over ninety minutes we can get the job done ... Many have wanted an avalanche of goals in some games but it's all about the three points and the players remaining healthy...

Harry's plan is to use as few of the players as possible and not be reliant on rotation , preferring to change a player here and there due to injury.. Livermore's inclusion and game V Everton , was a good example of this and he fitted into the, Parker holding role very well .. In fact I'd like to see, Parker when picked, play more like, Livermore by being economical in his play and not risking burnout by making to many attacking forays.. Ahead of the midfield holding position are five players of championship winning quality aided by two of the most enterprising full-backs in the league .... The spine of the team is top notch as is the width so it's all there to be a winning team ...

It is the mental side of it, is where some of the biggest and most frequent questions are being asked and by the end of March we will get a clearer picture of what can really be achieved ... I just hope our manager does not take his eye off the ball with his off the field concern, the court case .. Then there is his media chats which I hope don't go into overdrive . .. The players too, need to let their talking be done on the pitch ...

We the fans , should enjoy the ride and winning the league would be beyond our wildest dreams, but champions league qualification is a must and barring a collapse in our league form similar to that of last season, I see no reason why 4th is not achievable..

We the fans , must have it in our heads that the road to ultimate premeirship glory can come to an abrupt halt at anytime, that is how it usually happens and be prepared for it .

From here, till the 13th May , enjoy , just enjoy ...COYS!!!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 14 2012, 03:09

Second that. We have all seen the what happens when they draw or lose, well we drew with Chelsea and not only did we lose to Stoke, but didnt dwell on the awful decisions made by the officials, but dusted ourselves down and went on another run. What with the two Mancs, Chelski and Arsenal having to play European games and most of the above losing players to the African Nations Cup, we wont get a better chance.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jan 14 2012, 05:45

In the words of Aitch....... "Its not impossible"
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jan 14 2012, 05:47

You know what guys iv got a space marked out on my arm for my new tattoo, the Premier leauge trophy! But if its not to be im just loving it at the minute, all the talk about our great club and long may it continue... COYS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 22:25