The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Match Thread Vs Sunderland

Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Sunderland

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:22

super pav get in u slag lol

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:23

Oh yes made in Holland. VdV. Good finish by Pavy . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:24

SEE i should be manager slag a player off they score Superted lol!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:30

What a miss by Modric. Ship him off to Chelski . . . . . lmao . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:33

How on earth did Modric miss that even Superted would of scored that or would he ? lol!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:33

Sandra is having a monster game . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 03:56

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss 3 more hard earnt points. Yiddo's . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 04:01

Tottenham and England striker Jermain Defoe on Twitter: "Well done Pav, great finish! Smile"

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 04:13

ye sandro man of the match for me.

vdv pav link up play was good

vdv much better second half
    somtimes i wish ade would hit the ball hard. still he worked hard again

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 04:14

come on man c

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:03

LOL Lought, don't you just love it when we win & the plumstead pikeys lose . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:36

i love it. i was watching the second half of the goons game. they could easy of gone down with 10 men

wonder if that gobby sh*t is tweeting tonight lol
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:40

Typical of Pav, all that talk about him leaving and he pops up and scores the winner, unreal! lol

I didnt think we were gonna win at half time, as soon as Lennon went off, the shape of the team didnt look good. But typical Harry, half time talk did the trick, i thought VDV was outstanding again, some sublime passing from him at times. Ade worked hard again just needs to work on his finishing and he will score alot more goals. Tough game though, good defending by Sunlin. Lets hope Lennon's injury isnt too bad as we're lacking in those wide area's without Bale/Lennon. A few yids have been saying that Harry was saving Bale & Defoe for the Chelski game, but he should of been sub at least. motm again for me was Scottie Parker, looking more settled as the season goes on. Our defence looked solid once again even without Kaboul at the back, Frediel made some good saves.

Thursday will be our biggest test of the season so far, lets hope Bale is fit! COYS!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:54

we had a spell in second half of nice passing on the floor. mostly from vdv.

i wonder if harry will be brave and go 442 aganst chelsea

vdv out wide and pav and ade up front.

nice after match interview from harry here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16129441.stm

bad news lennon torn hes hammy
    good news bale should be ok and prob defoe
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 19 2011, 06:29

Lennon out for a few weeks according to BBC earlier. Shame, just as he was getting back to his best. Sandro had a great game today.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 10:19

Tottenham 1 - 0 Sunderland

Match Thread Vs Sunderland - Page 2 _57400656_pavgoal
    Pavlyuchenko showed great composure to earn Tottenham victory

Substitute Roman Pavlyuchenko's cool second-half strike was enough to see off Sunderland and send Tottenham up to third spot in the Premier League table.

Rafael van der Vaart and Sandro wasted chances as Spurs's early dominance went unrewarded in an absorbing encounter.

The Black Cats responded and Sebastian Larsson and David Vaughan both tested home keeper Brad Friedel.

But Pavlyuchenko hit a deserved winner low into the far corner from a wonderful Van der Vaart pass.

Luka Modric then offered a late contender for miss of the year when he somehow shot over with the goal gaping.

But his glaring error did not matter as Tottenham closed out their sixth successive home victory with relative ease.

The win was all the more impressive given the home side's injury problems.
    Already without attacking duo Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale, they also lost Bale's fellow flying winger Aaron Lennon to a hamstring strain after 30 minutes.

And although they continued to threaten and look dangerous, Lennon's departure and Bale's absence meant Spurs were deprived of their most potent attacking option.

Modric and Van der Vaart provided their usual class and creativity but Harry Redknapp's team were deprived of their main cutting edge and blistering pace in wide positions.

By the time Lennon was replaced by Pavlyuchenko, Spurs should probably have been ahead.

Van der Vaart deflected Benoit Assou-Ekotto's driven shot wide when it seemed easier to turn it into the back of the net and then Sandro scuffed his shot badly after being played in by Van der Vaart, as Spurs failed to make the most of several promising positions.

The Black Cats seemed to grow in confidence following Lennon's exit and had the better of the latter stages of the first period.

Kieran Richardson tested keeper Friedel with a low, long range-strike and then, moments later, narrowly failed to get on the end of the best move of the half.

Stephane Sessegnon set Larsson free down the right and the Swede's cross was just behind Richardson as he steamed in towards goal.

Larsson then tested Brad Friedel with a firmly struck 25-yard free-kick, as the game really began to spark into life.
    Wales international Vaughan, who was involved in a fascinating midfield tussle with the ever-impressive Scott Parker, then worked the American keeper again with a shot having charged forward from the halfway line.

And moments later, Jack Colback was crowded out when through on goal.

But seconds after Colback failed to get a shot away Spurs broke the deadlock when Pavlyuchenko, who had looked a little off the pace, provided a fine low finish across keeper Keiren Westwood from a sublime reverse pass from Van der Vaart.

The Russian's calm finish settled Tottenham's nerves and they should have added a second in the final 30 minutes.

Modric fluffed a staggeringly easy chance to double the lead when he shot over rather than into an unguarded net from 12 yards, after Westwood saved Emmanuel Adebayor's initial chipped effort.

Pavlyuchenko also dithered and failed to get a shot away and also shot wide, while Adebayor poked an effort straight at Westwood when well placed.

Sunderland substitute Nicklas Bendtner had the visitors' only noteworthy late chance, but blazed wildly off target after a neat one-two with Sessegnon.

The win sees the hosts move two points ahead of fourth-placed Chelsea, with the west Londoners next to visit White Hart Lane on Thursday.

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill:

"The players put in a big effort so there is a big disappointment all round. It was a real valiant effort although when Tottenham got their goal their confidence came back and they could have put the game beyond us.
    "It's a tough business and we were playing against a very good side but I never thought we were out of the game.

"You would say they had a number of chances after the goal but up until then it was touch and go.

"I thought the effort was great and when we had an opportunity to try to play, the players tried to do that.

"While it was very, very tight we always had a chance but they took their chance. It's fine margins."

TOTTENHAM'S HOME RUN

Liverpool W4-0 (Sep 18)

Arsenal W2-1 (Oct 2)

QPR W3-1 (Oct 30)

Villa W2-0 (Nov 21)

Bolton W3-0 (Dec 3)

Sunderland W1-0 (Dec 18)

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 10:22

TOTTENHAM V SUNDERLAND

Possession
    Tottenham 61%
    Sunderland 39%

Attempts on target
    Tottenham 12
    Sunderland 4

Attempts off target
    Tottenham 4
    Sunderland 4

Corners
    Tottenham 6
    Sunderland 0

Fouls
    Tottenham 6
    Sunderland 8

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Dec 19 2011, 18:17

Well what an afternoon, ram jammed packed with Red and White in my local and im there with my Spurs shirt on and my Blue and White scarf on taking vollies of abuse, "Yid, Jew, Cockney C....." well you get the picture. All in good spirits after the game tho no fisty cuffs this time lol. Well earned 3 points for the boys VDV sublime, Sandro was immense Leadley just reads the game so well always in the right position at the right time, Super finish from Pav and super miss for Modders lol. A nice touch from a few Sunderland fans last night i was talking to even tho they were disgruntled at losing the game still said to me "Spurs could win the title this year its wins like that, that win titles, not at your best and a few players missing but still grind out the 3 points. Onwards and upwards....... COYS!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:32

Fairplay to you Lee. Standing in the lions Den with all those Mackems. It's also nice that other fans are beginning to see the huge potential in this team that Arry has built.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:51