The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why spurs and city are good for the prem. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why spurs and city are good for the prem. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Why spurs and city are good for the prem.

Why spurs and city are good for the prem. Empty Why spurs and city are good for the prem.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 02:18

The straight answer to this is a break up of that permanent fixture of filling the top four places every season since god knows when, united, goons, chelsea and liverpool.
    Liverpool were the first to drop out, and now it looks like the fight is on with even chelsea looking a shade dodgy, with the goons making a fight of it but still dodgy too.
    But the point i want to make is that the prem was in danger of becoming like the scottish equivalent and that isnt a competition up there at all, and its boring to say the least.
    Spurs have hit it good with a manager who is street wise and gets in the right players and have blended it with youth, yes and spent some money along the way.
    While city have done it the other way by paying outrageous wages and paying over the top prices to get their man.
    I am not jealous of city, and to tell the honest truth, if we dont do enough to get the title then i really hope they do.
    I am just absolutely sick of ferguson thinking he has a divine right to hog all what football offers in the way of success, and by his slick way of unsettling players of other clubs along the way to do it, i am glad berbatov has turned into a bench warmer, he deserves all he gets.
    While both arsenal and chelsea are vulnerable at the moment and arent guaranteed cl football next season.
    its refreshing and a healthier english premier league at the moment, no one is going to walk it.......
    As for spurs, we just need to stay injury free, i didnt like the way we went out the europa but it may be a blessing in disguise, city might flounder and i hope we are the team that is on their tails if they do. santa
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Why spurs and city are good for the prem. Empty Re: Why spurs and city are good for the prem.

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 20 2011, 02:35

Don't know about Liverpool the first to fall out - I remember when Toon were CL regulars and Leeds had at least two seasons, maybe more, of Wednesday night action

In those days Chelsea were the Plucky little outsiders

Why spurs and city are good for the prem. Empty Re: Why spurs and city are good for the prem.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21 2011, 01:50

Hello Nic, i was talking about the years preceding our breakthrough last year, it was you goons, man utd chelsea and liverpool for a good few years, we nearly did it with jol, but slipped back before harry came and made a difference.
    Its just refreshing to see other teams having a go and reaping the riches for a change.
    But just look what it has cost city to have a chance, and spurs really, although we dont have their spending power.........just the guile of a good manager.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 07:23