The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Case for Bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Case for Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Case for Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Case for Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Case for Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Case for Bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Case for Bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Case for Bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Case for Bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Case for Bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Case for Bale

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Case for Bale Empty Case for Bale

Post by philip Sun Jan 01 2012, 05:57

I watched the game today I would say a draw wasa fair result. However, I was dissapointed with Bale today, he had a chance to square to Ade but decided to take a shot himselfand missed I know others will say he contributed to a win at Norwich and other games before, yes it is true but we could be more successfull if weare more clinicaland professional.

I know I may be a minority in this matter by the fact that Bale has done well this year, I just think all this attention is getting to his head instead of squaring the ball he want to take the adulation himself. He need to be professional for the team sometime if he did today we would be 3 points better off..

This has happened a few matches before against Chelsea and Norwich etc

Case for Bale Empty Re: Case for Bale

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 09:16

used to that from defoe. the amount of times he could of passed for tap in and went for glory only for other team go and get sumthing

also bale diving is bad. he goes down like hes been shot..

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 09:43

Moved this one from Predictions to the Spurs chat section guys . . . . flowers

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 17:22

philip wrote:I watched the game today I would say a draw wasa fair result. However, I was dissapointed with Bale today, he had a chance to square to Ade but decided to take a shot himselfand missed I know others will say he contributed to a win at Norwich and other games before, yes it is true but we could be more successfull if weare more clinicaland professional.

I know I may be a minority in this matter by the fact that Bale has done well this year, I just think all this attention is getting to his head instead of squaring the ball he want to take the adulation himself. He need to be professional for the team sometime if he did today we would be 3 points better off..

This has happened a few matches before against Chelsea and Norwich etc

Dont think you are in a minority on this one phil, lought agrees.lol.
    Didnt we have this with keane at his peak ? and many , many players before that ?
    Players just cant win can they ? if bale had scored then we wouldnt be reading that he should have passed the ball to ade, and the question is would ade have scored if bale had passed to him ? we just dont know and can only blame bale and say, he should have passed the ball.
    Comes under the realm of IF, or might have ? bale has scored some wonder goals, individually created too.
    Once again i have to say that many teams would love to have bale, and be sitting where we are now......still we arent happy.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 02 2012, 19:31

Is still young and learning and improving, fortunatley Harry is his gaffer and not Lought, so he will gets lots of encouragement, like he did when we couldnt win a game with him in the team, 3 loses all season, third with a game in hand and STILL find time to moan, you wanna be Chelski with two/three players going off to Africa and a 50 million pound flop or Arsenal relying on one player with a 34 year old as back up striker?

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Jan 02 2012, 20:51

djfitzo wrote:Is still young and learning and improving, fortunatley Harry is his gaffer and not Lought, so he will gets lots of encouragement, like he did when we couldnt win a game with him in the team, 3 loses all season, third with a game in hand and STILL find time to moan, you wanna be Chelski with two/three players going off to Africa and a 50 million pound flop or Arsenal relying on one player with a 34 year old as back up striker?

[color=blue]By the way I hear even Harry did mention when interviewed on Sky that Bale should have squared the ball. We are not moaning as such actually very happy where we are I suppose one will never know if Ade would have scored if the ball was passed to him. What I would say is that if a player decides to take a shot then for F sake at least hit the target or pass to someone in a better position [/color]

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 00:38

sheringham and berbatov would of passed lol

and anyway we know the truth about bale. even fergie said 2 harry he wouldnt play him during that run of not being on winning side for us

harry was about to send him out on loan but then ekotto got injurid and rest is history.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jan 03 2012, 00:55

Harry will have had a word in Gareth's ear about squaring the ball , I'm pretty sure of it but we can't be to hard on the young Bale as his form has been good ...

Prior to the Swansea game Gareth Bale has scored or assisted at least one goal in seven of his last eight Premier League appearances and has already created as many Premier League goalscoring chances in 2011-12 as he did in 2010-11 (48).
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 03 2012, 02:12

ArnieArdiles wrote:Harry will have had a word in Gareth's ear about squaring the ball , I'm pretty sure of it but we can't be to hard on the young Bale as his form has been good ...

Prior to the Swansea game Gareth Bale has scored or assisted at least one goal in seven of his last eight Premier League appearances and has already created as many Premier League goalscoring chances in 2011-12 as he did in 2010-11 (48).

But Arnie, his had one below par game, so we need to forget about the previous good work, Lought your posts are getting worse!!

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jan 03 2012, 02:23

Pinch of salt ,Dave....just take some of Loughtan Barlotteli's posts with a pinch of salt is my advice lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 03 2012, 03:20

Most strikers and forwards are greedy TBH. Maybe Bale thought he had a great chance to score. As others have said if he had scored we would all be saying Bale does it again etc, etc. they go in and sometimes they don't.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jan 03 2012, 07:40

What about all the great crosses that he has put in this season after a brilliant run down the wing that has assisted in goals for others. Those amazing lightning crosses delivered on a electric run.

I think we can forgive him for one mistake, or was it a mistake, he's scored a few like this season.

Adebeyor would probably of not got to the ball anyway as he does seem to be a bit of a slow thinker at times.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 00:41