The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The case for Peter Crouch. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The case for Peter Crouch. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

The case for Peter Crouch.

The case for Peter Crouch. Empty The case for Peter Crouch.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:58

Watching the game last night i paid particular attention to what crouch offers when he plays for spurs.

I couldnt knock the bloke for effort, he takes a bit of a battering too, but usually the offenders get away with it, very strange that in my honest opinion.

He also has quite a lot of vision, a few flicks, and funny enough defends high balls coming in very well.

He was unselfish in his inter-changing with gudjohnsen !

For crouch knockers i would take a look at what he actually does during a game, and he will always get you goals, ok he is having a lean spell at the moment but he will be back.

To end this evaluation of crouchy, i would say he is a very persistant type of forward, always on the defenders case, always getting in where it matters..................not saying he should be automatic choice but as harry said on signing him " he gives us another option " yeah arry is right again................. The case for Peter Crouch. 268750
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The case for Peter Crouch. Empty Re: The case for Peter Crouch.

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 26 2010, 05:38

I agree with that Lew. Its just that his goals tally is not good enough in my opinion and for such a tall bloke he surely should be scoring more goals with his head.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 05:40

he works hard and done ok last night. but for such a tall guy hes heading is so bad. hes shooting is bad aswell. 0 goals in 10. hes so slow it takes 2/3 touches to controll the ball. he should be used as a sqaud player. pav defoe gud all should be ahead of him.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 06:09

Crouch is an excellent addition to the squad. OK he dosen't score nearly enough goals but as a TEAM we do score with him in the side. I would choose other front pairings ahead of him and probably use him as an impact sub but all the while we keep winning with him in the team and others are scoring I ain't complaining. Every team needs a 'water carrier' ! The results we have had this season prove he is as much an integral player as anyone and his work ethic is superb. Will try and find the goal stats for us when he is playing (might take awhile lol) and for myself I have been impressed with him so far this season . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 06:22

but we didnt keep winning when he started. its only since pav been back that our good run has started. go back before then. we lost to wolves twice stoke.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 08:20

Lought please see my thread Crouch Stats. And remember the glass is half full not half empty . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Mar 26 2010, 09:16

The big fella is starting to slowly win 'ME' round, thought he was faultless in Wednesday's game and most games he has played in this season. One thing ok 2 things i will agree with lought on is for such a big fella he dont win as many headers as he should and also his 1st touch..... Takes hima fornight to get it out from under his feet and under control,lol but other than than faultless
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 26 2010, 09:50

See the article I put up. The problem with Crouch. The writer spells out the reason in his opinion why Crouch has problems heading the ball.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28 2010, 01:13

lewspurs wrote:Watching the game last night i paid particular attention to what crouch offers when he plays for spurs.

I couldnt knock the bloke for effort, he takes a bit of a battering too, but usually the offenders get away with it, very strange that in my honest opinion.

He also has quite a lot of vision, a few flicks, and funny enough defends high balls coming in very well.

He was unselfish in his inter-changing with gudjohnsen !

For crouch knockers i would take a look at what he actually does during a game, and he will always get you goals, ok he is having a lean spell at the moment but he will be back.

To end this evaluation of crouchy, i would say he is a very persistant type of forward, always on the defenders case, always getting in where it matters..................not saying he should be automatic choice but as harry said on signing him " he gives us another option " yeah arry is right again................. The case for Peter Crouch. 268750

Pulled this up for ion because it was slipping down the ratings! The case for Peter Crouch. 24840

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:46