The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MOTD EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MOTD EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MOTD EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MOTD EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MOTD EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MOTD EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MOTD EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MOTD EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MOTD EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MOTD Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
7 posters

MOTD

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

MOTD Empty MOTD

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jan 15 2012, 10:58

Why the f*ck did they make out like Wolves gave us the run around today, fact is they put 10 men behind the ball for 80% of the game and we battered them, they snuck off on the odd counter attack and scored from a goal that shouold never have been, hey ho i can deal with that, win some lose some, but for Foreskin face Hansen and Baldy f*cking Geordie Shearer to come out and say Wolves were well worth there point if not more is bull sh*t and what about Hansen saying "After all the hype this week about Spurs winning the leauge we were nailed on to balls up today" What a tit. Maybe being paranoid but the way i see it is they dispise Spurs, AND I WOULD LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT IF WE WERE TO BEAT CITY NEXT WEEK AND GET RIGHT BACK IN THAT TITLE RACE(in his best Keegan voice, lol)COYS RANT OVER!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

MOTD Empty Re: MOTD

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 15 2012, 11:54

They hate us.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jan 16 2012, 05:11

But guys , we give the likes of Hansen and Lawro the chance to stick the knife in because when we're doing well , our players and manager mouth it ...

I don't mind the fans giving it ( banter ) but I wish the club employees would just let their football do the talking...
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 16 2012, 05:15

motd 2 tonight, enjoy. lol.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 16 2012, 05:15

the gap has widened after all

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 05:44

so true arnie. harry had a dig at man c just before our game yesterday.
    if man c beat us then its 9 points gap if they win yesterday.

as for match of the day they should get rid of shearea and lawro.

also they say they watch every prem game. how can they watch every game.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 05:52

I'm going to have to play Devil's advocate evil2 here guys. I sort of agree with the MOTD pundits. Wolves came to do and job and leave with something. They achieved this by gaining a point. Something many other teams have failed to do at The Lane of late. The stats prove that Spurs bossed the game but still Wolves secured a point. I do not put a lot of weight behind Shearers comments. He is a lackey & a yes-man, always wants to say the proper thing, and none too sharp but Hansen is extremly knowledgeable about the game. If you take time to read his newspaper articles he knows his stuff and, to me anyway, seems supportive of what Spurs are acheiving, the way we play & the way the club is run . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 06:54

yea i read that. hansen i respect but dont like the other 2.

they should get Gabriele Marcotti he talks sence. .
    as for wolves good luck to them. they derserved there point. we didnt open them up to much and maybe they had the 2 best chances.

we love it when teams like wolves do this to arsenal then moan when they park the bus aganst us when in truth we had a bit of luck lately but none yesterday
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 16 2012, 09:50

and the truth is they didnt park the bus, all they did was bloody work hard and made it hard for us to play our passing game,which many others will do before the end of the season. we had our chances but to be honest were woefull and wasted free kicks which really need to be looked at cos we had a few and i think all were blasted over and dont even test the keeper.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 10:14

yep even the last 20 mins we didnt really get at them. ade looked isolated up front
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 16 2012, 20:47

Well, it will be interesting what formation we play next week. Ade cant play, will he play Defoe up front on his own. Lets face it, even with Ade's height, we rarely play long ball, so theres no reason why we cant play the same system, will Harry play Pav though?

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Jan 16 2012, 21:57

Not only free kicks are a problem, in the last three games we must have had something like 40 corners but we never score from them and so many are totally wasted. We had 20 odd shots on Saturday but only scored once, we must improve on that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 16 2012, 23:05

VDV doesn't take a very good corner IMO. Mind you neither does Modric.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jan 16 2012, 23:44

Walker can cross the ball really well, he should take the corners from the left. The problem is, they keep trying for the near post header for Bale to knock in rather than drop the ball deeper into the danger areas. I'm sure Harry will be working on the corner kicks during training, its getting a bit repetative.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 02:52

i got feeling he will start pav. he offers more wheres defoe if he dont score then he dont do much else.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jan 17 2012, 05:29

shearspur wrote:and the truth is they didnt park the bus, all they did was bloody work hard and made it hard for us to play our passing game,which many others will do before the end of the season. we had our chances but to be honest were woefull and wasted free kicks which really need to be looked at cos we had a few and i think all were blasted over and dont even test the keeper.

I agree with you shear... They defended well ...

Prior to the Everton game , I looked at our next two opponents at WHL as similar set-ups . However , I felt what Wolves did different to Everton was their midfield pressed us higher up the pitch.. They also clobbered Modric a few times whereas the Everton players hardly got close to him .

We also had Parker with his vacating the holding midfield position by going on his up the blind alley runs into the Wolves third.. With Kaboul and our two full-backs also getting forward with their own runs, when our moves broke down there were times when we looked all over the park ...I'm liking seeing the full-backs go forward, and watching a center-half charge up the field with the ball is good too but with all that , the central holding midfielder had better be disciplined and hold his position ... Parker for England does this , Parker for Spurs doesn't... Cappello and Harry are using Parker in different ways..
    It seems to me that, Harry feels because Parker is an experienced footballer, he gives him the freedom to do his own thing whereas with Sandro (remember Chavs away) and Livermore, I'm seeing the players being told to sit deep and keep it simple for most of the game...

Having said all that I also agree, our set pieces are laughable at the moment and some of the shooting by Bale in particular was very poor ..... Loads of room there for improvement

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 06:36