The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
HotspurRoper
ionman34
totalytot
ArnieArdiles
DJSR
djfitzo
shearspur
11 posters

Match Thread Vs Manchester City

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Manchester City

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jan 23 2012, 22:01

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:give it a go lol man c seriously down to bare bones. nasri been shite all season yet was best player on the park.

first half we looked scared of them then went 2 down 0 and got a lucky goal to get back into the game.
    how rubbish was bale and vdv again. bale theres no i in team.

and as for defoe watch it again he stopped hes run. sitter. unlike darren bent where he had to get the header right.

also on balletle how fk did webb miss it. he bottled it.

Bare bones? are you on crack?

Hart (Englands number one)
    Richards (International)
    Lescott (International)
    Savic (International)
    Clichy (International)
    Milner (International)
    Barry (International)
    Silva (World and European champion and best midfielder in the prem)
    Aguero (International and best forward in the prem)
    Djeko (International and scored 4 goals against us in previous game)
    Nasri (International and ex Arsenal that was always going to raise his game against us)

Then theres the nutter Balotelli

You really should think before you post Lought and your hatred for Defoe is astonishing, Maybe had bale played it earlier
    he would have actually laid it on a plate.

I still think your a Gooner.

Now, now, Dave finger3

It's a Loughtan Rant that's all...

First half we looked scared of them ... lol

The fact that we contained the League's top team and highest scorers, and whom happened to be 10 wins out of ten at home, to virtually nothing on target on our goal in the first half, all means nothing to Loughtan except that we were scared! ....

djfitzo
    International
    International

Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Manchester City

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 23 2012, 22:26

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:give it a go lol man c seriously down to bare bones. nasri been shite all season yet was best player on the park.

first half we looked scared of them then went 2 down 0 and got a lucky goal to get back into the game.
    how rubbish was bale and vdv again. bale theres no i in team.

and as for defoe watch it again he stopped hes run. sitter. unlike darren bent where he had to get the header right.

also on balletle how fk did webb miss it. he bottled it.

Bare bones? are you on crack?

Hart (Englands number one)
    Richards (International)
    Lescott (International)
    Savic (International)
    Clichy (International)
    Milner (International)
    Barry (International)
    Silva (World and European champion and best midfielder in the prem)
    Aguero (International and best forward in the prem)
    Djeko (International and scored 4 goals against us in previous game)
    Nasri (International and ex Arsenal that was always going to raise his game against us)

Then theres the nutter Balotelli

You really should think before you post Lought and your hatred for Defoe is astonishing, Maybe had bale played it earlier
    he would have actually laid it on a plate.

I still think your a Gooner.

Now, now, Dave finger3

It's a Loughtan Rant that's all...

First half we looked scared of them ... lol

The fact that we contained the League's top team and highest scorers, and whom happened to be 10 wins out of ten at home, to virtually nothing on target on our goal in the first half, all means nothing to Loughtan except that we were scared! ....

Sorry Arnie, but Loughts support we can do without and everyone makes counter posts proving him wrong and after every loss of points his on here moaning and digging out the same players, whilst on other posts eulagising about players that left us.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 00:10

I told you all we never should have sold Crouchinio didn't I ???? If he had have been playing his long legs would have made contact with the ball unlike Defoes stumpy ones. See I was right I was but would you listen me to ? Nope you wouldn't. Crouchinio has scored loads this season & made assists and looked nice in a stripey shirt and has a fab haircut and his Missus is fit and (please feel free to fill in the gaps) . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 24 2012, 00:26

Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 348204 Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 348204 Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 348204 Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 348204 Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 348204 Nice one Vis. as for Lought Match Thread Vs Manchester City - Page 3 103888
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jan 24 2012, 00:38

VisionarySound wrote:I told you all we never should have sold Crouchinio didn't I ???? If he had have been playing his long legs would have made contact with the ball unlike Defoes stumpy ones. See I was right I was but would you listen me to ? Nope you wouldn't. Crouchinio has scored loads this season & made assists and looked nice in a stripey shirt and has a fab haircut and his Missus is fit and (please feel free to fill in the gaps) he's shite , and we'd also have to sign Rory Delap and exchange Arron Lennon and, and he's Lought's fave player only after the SuperPav & Adel . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 03:04

well stats speak for them selfs. 10 games aganst the big boys and we won once. now take away the goons and count the top 3 then when was the last time we beat man u chelsea or man c.

bale played for himself trying loads of flicks. modric went hiding.

as for the incident with kaboul why didnt modric say anything. he saw it and he didnt care.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 04:17

I seem to recall beating Man City and qualifying for the C/L. Crouchinio scored the goal. Another reason why we shouldn't have sold him ! See I told I did . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 04:20

Why did we sell Anthony Garderner ? I don't ever remember him giving away a penalty in the last minute . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 04:28

i did say 1 win in 10

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 04:59

You also said take out arsenil and when did we last beat Citeh. Make your choices a bit more clear if you want clear answers Lought . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 24 2012, 05:08

If Bale had put it over little earlier, it was a goal.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 06:13

agree with you there baz

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 11:57

The View From A Blue mobile app is now available to download on iPhones, iPads and Android phones. It features updates from this blog, the official MCFC website, BBC, Sky Sports, the Premier League, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. Search for ‘viewfromablue’ in the appropriate market.

A quite remarkable end to a game that began slowly, erupted in the middle and flew off the scale in a dramatic conclusion. It had been billed as a hugely entertaining affair between two sides who have played some exquisite football this season and the ending, complete with a stamp to the head, an embarrassing miss and a 95th minute penalty, provided enough talking points to last the rest of the year.

Mario Balotelli has been charged by the FA, retrospectively, for violent conduct towards Scott Parker, but his composure and immense bottle to casually slot home the penalty should not be overlooked. It was a goal that secured three valuable points for the Blues and, in the process, reduced Spurs’ chances of winning the Premier League drastically. With Manchester United defeating ars*nal later in the day, our lead remains just three, but hopefully this victory should give us plenty of confidence as we head towards some easier looking fixtures.

There are so many elements that can be picked up on from the match, but there is no other place to start than focusing on Balotelli and his action-packed substitute appearance. Replacing the below-par Edin Dzeko, he came on looking to add that extra edge to our attack, someone capable of producing the unexpected. One of his defining moments was the stamp on Parker, something that Howard Webb, the referee, didn’t see, but was picked up on, and shown time and time again, by television.

Although nothing can be proven with 100% accuracy, it certainly looked to me as if Balotelli meant it and my view is that he has been rightly charged. A four match ban is inevitable (meaning he will miss matches against Liverpool, Everton, Fulham and Aston Villa) and he really needs to cut out this petulant and impulsive streak from his game. Many Blues have defended him, stating he was off balance, but as far as I’m concerned, it ought to have been a red.

However, fortunately for us, he stayed on the pitch and he was the man whose touch and strength won the vital penalty. Fouled by Ledley King, he demanded the ball to take the spotkick and showed an incredible amount of self-belief and bottle to score. It was his usual nonchalant stroll before sidefooting it past Brad Friedel. For someone so young, he displayed great composure at such a significant moment and he secured the victory.

Of course, there was much more to this game than just Mario, and one other player on the receiving end of some criticism has been Stefan Savic. Since replacing the suspended Vincent Kompany he’s made a few mistakes, but for the first hour yesterday, I thought he was assured, composed in possession and very impressive. Unfortunately, his poor positioning and misjudged header than allowed Jermain Defoe in to score and his confidence was then shot. He became nervy, unsure of himself and he was often five yards deeper than the rest of the defence.

Many fans have got on his back and are stating he will never be good enough, but it’s remembering he’s our fourth choice centre-back, signed very much for the future and I believe he’s shown enough promise and potential to persevere with. He’s by no means the finished article, but given a couple of seasons, he may well turn out to be a fantastic addition.

On a more positive note, I thought both James Milner and Gareth Barry in the centre of midfield were superb and really raised their game. Faced by Scott Parker and Luka Modric, our duo were outstanding in their tackling, disciplined positionally and very assured in their passing. Milner’s phenomenal workrate is now recognised as the norm but he produced one magnificent covering run and tackle to deny Gareth Bale that really stood out. Both Milner and Barry have been hugely impressive this season and yesterday they were the perfect foil for Silva, Nasri and Aguero.

Opposition View: Spurs will justifiably feel they deserved a point, but with Bale and Defoe combining to waste a glorious chance in injury time, they then showed a lack of character, perhaps, by conceding so late. They did well to come from two down but only showed a glimpse of what they are capable of for a period of around twenty minutes in the second half. They had plenty of possession but didn’t often do a great deal with it. Joe Hart picked the ball out of his net twice, yet didn’t have a save to make. I would have thought their title dreams are over, but they ought to comfortably secure Champions League football for next season.

As for City, we now travel to Anfield on Wednesday in the Carling Cup, before another trip to Merseyside at the weekend to face Everton. Hopefully, this last-gasp win should give us a psychological boost in our bid for the title.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 16:16