The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
MarkA249
6 posters

Deadline Day

Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadline Day

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 05:25

a guy that not scored in 13 to a guy that scored 4 goals in hes last 5 games.........

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 05:43

pinnar at spurs having a lenghy convo

jd not at white hart lane but may not mean much as hes injurid

could i get my wish lol

is defoe about to do a robbie keane
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Feb 01 2012, 05:59

Pav not in squad am i going to get my wish sulky russian leaving

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 06:03

So long you lazy Russian shirker. Fangs for all the memories. Like toothache & backache & asthma & nosebleeds et al . . .. . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 06:17

well if we get stuck tonight we have nobody to come of the bench and score

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 06:41

1228: Tottenham Hotspur have recalled right-back Adam Smith from MK Dons after cancelling his season-long stay at the League One side. The 20-year-old arrived at MK Dons in August and went on to make 17 league appearances for Karl Robinson's side.

1249: Louis Saha to Spurs. Now there's a deadline day deal and a half. There's talk of Steven Pienaar going in the other direction as well. We'll bring you more on that as and when.

Breaking news
    Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Louis Saha from Everton to Spurs now looking a done deal. Really intriguing move that."

Dan380 on Twitter: "Hugo Rodallega? Louis Saha? Poor choices for Spurs I think, assuming they're still aspiring for Champions League football."

jonnybunt on Twitter: "Saha to Spurs. 'arry said he'd only sign someone special this window. Seems a bad time to undermine his credibility. #THFC #bbcfootball."

1342: I've noticed that Defoe to Liverpool is trending on Twitter. Now that would be a major deal. Surely Tottenham can't afford to let him go?

1347: Anon, a popular person via text on 81111, asked a lot of questions about Spurs. Four strikers may be three by 2300 GMT. I would type an emoticon wink, but I wouldn't lower myself to that Wink

Text in your views on 81111 (UK)
    From Anon, via text "As a Spurs fan in highly sceptical about this alleged Saha move. Firstly, how much are we paying, if anything? Secondly, how are we meant to juggle four strikers when we can't juggle three with Van der Vaart? Thirdly, he's 33 years old, why sign him now? Fourthly, why not someone else?"

The Times journalist Ben Smith on Twitter: "Marseilles chairman claims #Spurs made an £18mi offer for Loic Remy. It was rejected."

BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan on Twitter: "Corluka loan deal from Spurs to Bayer Leverkusen done."

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Hearing no go on Alessio Cerci for Everton - but other options of bringing in players being actively pursued by David Moyes. Louis Saha lined up for 18-month deal at Spurs - and still plenty of whispers about Steven Pienaar returning to Everton."

Thats all for now folks . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 07:09

BBC Sport's David Ornstein on Twitter: "Blackburn tell me "absolutely no enquiries" for Chris Samba today. They expect late interest from #qpr & #thfc but won't sell."

Chief football writer Phil McNulty: "Plenty of activity behind the scenes at Everton as they play Manchester City at Goodison Park. Nikica Jelavic is expected to complete the formalities of his £5.5m move from Rangers. Louis Saha's move to Spurs should then be confirmed and I'm told the prospect of Steven Pienaar returning to Everton is still a possibilty."

• Fulham sign Stuttgart striker Pavel Pogrebnyak

• QPR agree a £4m fee with Fulham for Bobby Zamora

• QPR confirm the signing of Lazio striker Djibril Cisse

• Transfer window shuts at 2300 GMT.

Full transfer list.
    LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)
    No refreshNo need to reload page, content below updates automatically. More info

To get involved use Twitter (via hashtag #BBCFootball ) or text us via 81111 with FOOTBALL before your message. (Not all contributions can be used. Messages will be charged at your standard operator rate.)
    By Chris Bevan
    BBC Sport

2003: Not long left now people, and here is where we are at. Everton are still to wrap up their £5.5m deal for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic, and are close to selling Louis Saha to Tottenham. Should the Saha deal go through, Roman Pavlyuchenko will be allowed to leave to join Lokomotiv Moscow. Oh, and Bobby Zamora is STILL on the brink of joining QPR. The Fulham striker is either having a medical or discussing personal terms but that is expected to go through before 2300 GMT, which is when the window closes. Got all that? Good.

Alex McLean, Spurs fan, London, via text on 81111: "Sooner Pavlyuchenko leaves the better in my opinion. I'd happily drive him to Russia."

2000: THE TRANSFER WINDOW SHUTS IN THREE HOURS

1959: Ipswich's attempt to raid crisis club Portsmouth looks like it will end in failure on three front. Along with defenders Jason Pearce and Joel Ward (see below), Pompey keeper Stephen Henderson will not be joining Ipswich Town. Henderson has tweeted: "Putting this to bed now! I'm not going anywhere, I'm very happy at Portsmouth and look forward to Hull Saturday!"

Breaking news
    1954: You know what, it seems there is something in this Roman Pavlyuchenko story. BBC Sport understands Spurs and Lokomotiv Moscow are in talks over a move, but nothing concrete yet. Tottenham signed him from Spartak Moscow, where he is still a big favourite, so he would be returning home to join his former club's big rivals.

BBC Radio 5 Live
    BBC Radio 5 live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis on Twitter: "Danny Higginbotham has left Stoke City for Nottingham Forest on loan."

BBC South reporter Nabil Hassan on Twitter: "Reports from East Anglia say Portsmouth and Ipswich agree fee for Joel Ward and Jason Pearce but duo turn down the move."

1949: RUMOUR MILL More transfer news/team news, and it is an intriguing one. No Roman Pavlyuchenko on the bench for Tottenham tonight and a rumour doing the rounds at White Hart Lane is that the Russian striker is going to be sold to Lokomotiv Moscow. What's your train of thought on that one?

samblitz7 on Twitter: "Re 1934. Judging by Wenger's history maybe Hleb will be next to put pen to paper at Arsenal?"

1943: Not signings, but still news of players moving on. As well as signing Clarke Carlisle today, Northampton Town have terminated the contracts of defender Ashley Corker and young goalkeeper Paul Walker are the two concerned, and they have left the club. "It is right for both lads to move on," said boss Aidy Boothroyd. "They are both good lads, but they need to be playing regular football. I wish them both well and thank them for their efforts."

jamesbjacobs on Twitter: "It's a shame - it hasn't quite felt like transfer deadline day without Harry Redknapp doing an interview from his car window."

I agree. But he's got a press conference after his side's game tonight, so I don't think it will happen at all... sorry

FdotRose on Twitter: "Any idea what eccentric hairstyle Cisse is currently sporting? Won't be hard to spot him on the pitch tomorrow."

Handshake
    1940: DONE DEAL
    Hull City defender Paul McShane has extended his loan spell at Crystal Palace until the end of the season. The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland Euro 2012 hopeful has made three appearances for the Eagles since his initial one-month switch.

Kyle, Magherafelt, via text on 81111: "Re 1929: Chris, I've got dual screens so don't need to choose. Best of both worlds!"

Handshake
    1938: DONE DEAL
    Four of them, to be precise. Lincoln City have signed four players on transfer deadline day as they bid to avoid relegation to Blue Square Bet North. Utility man Peter Bore, striker Jefferson Louis, winger Nialle Rodney all join until the end of the season, with Blackpool striker Louis Almond arriving on loan.

Nath, Kent, via text on 81111: "If Watford lose Sordell tonight, and don't manage to replace him with proven quality this late in the window, we're as good as relegated."

Breaking news
    1935: I've got a bit more news for you on Watford striker Marvin Sordell. Two clubs are in for him - one from the Premier League and one from the Championship. No names yet, but obviously the Hornets are taking the interest seriously. Watch this space, as they say.

Sean_Lunt on Twitter: "Surprised Everton didn't make a move for Jordan Rhodes. Could have been another Moyes lower league coup."

1934: Time for some news of what has been happening away from these shores. In Italy, AC Milan did not get Carlos Tevez but they have signed former Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari on loan from rivals Inter until the end of the season. Also on the way out of Inter is Brazilian midfielder Thiago Motta, who has moved to big spending Paris Saint-Germain in a deal thought to be worth around 10 million Euros (about £8.3m). Oh, and do any of you remember former Manchester City forward Valeri Bojinov, who always seemed to be injured during his time at Eastlands? The Bulgarian is set for a second spell with Serie A outfit Lecce after joining the club on loan from Sporting Lisbon. Meanwhile, in Spain, Barcelona have announced that former Arsenal forward Alexander Hleb has been released from his contract.

1929: By the way, I will keep you updated with how tonight's Premier League games are going, but for more in-depth coverage you should join Mike Henson elsewhere on the BBC Sport website. Transfers or goals - you decide.

1925: Watford fans, be afraid. Be very afraid. Adrian Mariappa is playing for the Hornets against Millwall tonight and looks likely to be staying put. But striker Marvin Sordell, who looked very lively when I saw him against Tottenham in the FA Cup last week, is not playing. BBC Sport understands he was withdrawn from the starting line-up at the request of the club's owner.

From Anon, via text: "Just seen someone on Brighton Pier eating a pot of jellied eels. I think it's Michael Owen!"

1921: We know what's happening with Bobby Zamora, in that he is having a medical at QPR, but it's all gone quiet on the 'Louis Saha to Tottenham' front. That doesn't mean it won't happen, though. Steven Pienaar, mentioned as a makeweight in the deal, is on the bench for Spurs against Wigan tonight - again, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

1920: I told you at 1830 it was one to watch out for, and it appears I was right. BBC Radio Nottingham understands that Chelsea are set to sign 18-year-old striker Patrick Bamford from Nottingham Forest for about £1.5m. Bamford has only played two first-team games but has been in prolific form in the FA Youth Cup this season, and Chelsea were one of a number of clubs to take note.

From Anon, via text: "Rumour doing the rounds that might not be a million miles from the truth - Bolton have enquired about Burnley's Jay Rodriguez. Great player and ex-favourite of Coyle from his days with the Clarets. "

Handshake
    1915: DONE DEAL
    League Two promotion hopefuls Crawley Town, who lost top scorer Matt Tubbs to Bournemouth this week, have signed Notts County striker Karl Hawley, 30, on loan until the end of the season.

Handshake
    1912: DONE DEAL Bournemouth have signed Huddersfield winger Donal McDermott for an undisclosed fee. The 22-year-old joined the Terriers in the summer after being released by Manchester City.

1911: The deals are still dropping thick and fast, but what do you make of them? Thrilled with Djibril Cisse? Pleased with Pavel Pogrebnyak? Cursing over Sotirios Kyrgiakos? Tweet the commentary via the hashtag #BBCFootball, Tweet me @chrisbevan_bbc or text in via 81111 (UK).

hallam116 on Twitter: "Re 1904. Just seen the whole Man City squad at Everton. Really doing some business on deadline day are Everton aren't they?"

Handshake
    Breaking news
    1908: BREAKING NEWS OF A DONE DEAL
    Sunderland have completed the loan signing of Greek defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos from Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg until the end of the season. The 32-year-old former Liverpool only left Anfield last summer.

1904: More team news/transfer news (fun this, isn't it?). Watford defender AKA Wigan and Newcastle target Adrian Mariappa is in the Hornets XI to face Millwall at the New Den tonight, which should put to bed any chance of him leaving the club. If you do spot him undergoing a medical, agreeing personal terms and signing a contract in between his defensive duties tonight, then again let me know, yeah?

Rumour Mill
    1902: RUMOUR MILLThere's been a rumour doing the rounds all day about Jermain Defoe leaving Tottenham for Liverpool. Now, there is still nothing to stand that up at all BUT Defoe is not in the Spurs squad that takes on Wigan at White Hart Lane tonight. Before any Reds fans get carried away, Defoe has been carrying a hamstring injury. Still, if you spot him flying over your house in a helicopter en route to Anfield, then please let me know.

1900: THE TRANSFER WINDOW SHUTS IN FOUR HOURS

BBC Sports News correspondent Dan Roan at Loftus Road on Football Focus Transfer Deadline Day special: "Bobby Zamora looks like he will be reunited with QPR manager Mark Hughes. He was here at Loftus Road and has now gone for a medical. That's expected to go through but the pitfall could be personal terms, amid reports he could be demanding as much as £90,000 a week in wages. I've just spoken to officials at QPR - they say business is pretty much done for the day, They will be very happy to get the Zamora deal done in the next couple of hours. Apart from Zamora, business is done for the day."

Anon, via text on 81111: "QPR signing all of these strikers just annoys me as a Man Utd fan. Macheda on another wasted loan. Will he ever get a chance?"

Handshake
    Breaking news
    1854: BREAKING NEWS OF A DONE DEAL
    Arsenal have confirmed they have signed 19-year-old attacking midfielder Thomas Eisfeld from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract. The Gunners will have to pay around £400,000 in compensation for Eisfeld, who was out of contract next summer.

Match of the Day commentator Steve Wilson, at White Hart Lane ahead of Tottenham's Premier League clash with Wigan, speaking on Football Focus Transfer Deadline Day special: "With regards Tottenham, the name of Juventus winger Milos Krasic is being whispered around White Hart Lane this evening."

From Anon, via text: "Am I the only Spurs fan hoping that Harry Redknapp still has something tucked up his sleeve? A signing of Pato, Sanchez or Drogba would be amazing."

Deadline day would just not be the same if Tottenham were not rumoured to be trying to sign big name late doors. Still plenty of time for Harry to get involved, speaking of which...

1902: RUMOUR MILLThere's been a rumour doing the rounds all day about Jermain Defoe leaving Tottenham for Liverpool. Now, there is still nothing to stand that up at all BUT Defoe is not in the Spurs squad that takes on Wigan at White Hart Lane tonight. Before any Reds fans get carried away, Defoe has been carrying a hamstring injury. Still, if you spot him flying over your house in a helicopter en route to Anfield, then please let me know.

1949: RUMOUR MILL More transfer news/team news, and it is an intriguing one. No Roman Pavlyuchenko on the bench for Tottenham tonight and a rumour doing the rounds at White Hart Lane is that the Russian striker is going to be sold to Lokomotiv Moscow. What's your train of thought on that one?

1954: You know what, it seems there is something in this Roman Pavlyuchenko story. BBC Sport understands Spurs and Lokomotiv Moscow are in talks over a move, but nothing concrete yet. Tottenham signed him from Spartak Moscow, where he is still a big favourite, so he would be returning home to join his former club's big rivals.

2003: Not long left now people, and here is where we are at. Everton are still to wrap up their £5.5m deal for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic, and are close to selling Louis Saha to Tottenham. Should the Saha deal go through, Roman Pavlyuchenko will be allowed to leave to join Lokomotiv Moscow. Oh, and Bobby Zamora is STILL on the brink of joining QPR. The Fulham striker is either having a medical or discussing personal terms but that is expected to go through before 2300 GMT, which is when the window closes. Got all that? Good.

BBC Radio 5 live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis on Twitter: "News from White Hart Lane - Wigan enquired about loan for Giovani dos Santos but Spurs wanted loan fee and deal fell through."

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:04

Deadline Day - Page 2 397310_293537137372201_100001477503811_798222_709504384_n

saha arriving at spurs lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:06

LOL Lought . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:11

2206: Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says Spurs have agreed a deal with Everton for Louis Saha and "thinks it is all sorted". Redknapp added: "He is sharp and he has got good movement".
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:14

Yeah, when he isn't injured lol.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:17

2212: More news from Tottenham. Lots of it. Spurs boss Harry Redknapp says he tried to sign Juventus winger Milos Krasic this week but he only wanted the Serbia international on loan and the Italian side were only interested in a permanent deal. Redknapp also says he could not let Steven Pienaar goes back to Everton because he has too many injuries and has revealed that Wolves want to sign Sebastien Bassong but he will need to complete a deal for an unnamed defender before he lets that one go through.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:18

The plot thickens . . . ..

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:19

2214: Oh, and Harry Redknapp also said that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is handling striker Roman Pavlyuchenko's prospective move to with Lokomotiv Moscow, and he thinks that will go through too. I knew Spurs would be busy, they always are...

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:22

From Tom in Southampton, via text: "In my opinin Louis Saha is a decent player, and could be a good signing for Tottenham - when given the chance, he's proven to be clinical."

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:24

FFS wanted Krasic quality player unamed defender hmmmmmm Samba Tomkins ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:30

should of brought krasic hes meant to be good.

we are so tight. we have a great chance to win the league and we buying saha. it was the same last season.
    and what if walkers injurid now charlie gone

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:31

he said bassong can go if we get the defendner he wants on loan. samba wont go on loan

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:32

vdv calf lennon hamstring

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:39

2236: More from White Hart Lane, and this concerns Blackburn too. Louis Saha's move to Tottenham will be a loan until the end of the season, with the option of another season on a permanent basis after that, depending on the 33-year-old's fitness. And Sebastien Bassong's move to Wolves depends on whether Spurs can bring in 34-year-old Ryan Nelsen on a free transfer from Blackburn. I'm not sure I understand that last bit - Nelsen is a decent defender but he has a whole load of injury problems.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:55

2252: So, as the window prepares to SLAM shut, Marvin Sordell (to Bolton), Nicky Maynard (to West Ham), Roman Pavlyuchenko (to Lokomotiv Moscow) and Ryan Nelsen (to Tottenham) appear to be the big deals we are waiting on. Are there anymore out there?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:57

Everton have confirmed the sale of striker Louis Saha to Tottenham #bbcfootball@BBCSport5 mins ago

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:58

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought it was a loan deal ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:03

2300: THE ENGLISH TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOW SHUT

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:10

2306: DONE DEAL
    This one definitely beat the deadline. Tottenham have brought in Everton striker Louis Saha, initially on loan until the end of the season but with the option of a permanent deal for the 33-year-old.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 12:58