The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Deadline Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Deadline Day - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
MarkA249
6 posters

Deadline Day

Deadline Day - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadline Day

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:13

From Rory in Leeds, via text: "As a Spurs fan I'm a bit disappointed in Harry Redknapp this window, no marquee signing and talk of Ryan Nelsen is worrying."

I guess the Blackburn defender that most people might have expected Tottenham to try and sign today would be Chris Samba. He is definitely staying at Ewood Park though.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:13

Blackburn staff working late to finalise Nelsen to Spurs. That's their business done meaning Samba definitely stays #bbcfootball #brfc #thfcbbcsport_david@bbcsport_david 11 mins ago
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:15

Saha is no more than cover for Pav.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:17

2315: DONE DEAL
    This one affects Blackburn too. Wolves have signed 25-year-old Tottenham centre-back Sebastien Basson on loan for the rest of the season which, going on what Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said earlier, would suggest Ryan Nelsen is on his way to White Hart Lane.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:18

cstmrsking wrote:Saha is no more than cover for Pav.

And hopefully he will show a bit more intrest than Pavy has this season if called upon Kingy . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:18

Pienaar back to Everton looks like it could be happening after all. Loan deal. Wait for confirmation to see if it went through #THFCPerson Name@Iandennisbbc2 mins ago

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:19

2316: There's always at least one. Yes, the window has closed but... Steven Pienaar could still be on his way back to Everton after all in a loan deal. I'll keep you posted.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:27

From anonymous Tottenham fan, via text: "Re Rory in Leeds about Ryan Nelsen. A lot of Spurs fans were disappointed with the summer activity and look how that's paid off. If Harry Redknapp says a player is good enough, that's all the convincing I need."

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:28

Obviously the above text wasn't sent by Lought lmao . . . . . wurp flowers . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:29

domstirling12 on Twitter: "Re 2324. As a #BRFC fan, gutted about Nelsen to spurs, club captain and legend, disgusted with Venkys even more!"

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:31

TaylorEightSix on Twitter: "What a day for Toffees. Let's hope we get Pienaar back. The we can charge up the table like every year."

&

Looks like Steven Pienaar back to Everton may have been revived. Loan deal. Will cap an excellent day for Everton if it gets over the line.philmcnulty@philmcnulty 6 mins ago

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:35

2332: We're also waiting on news of Roman Pavlyuchenko's move from Tottenham to Lokomotiv Moscow, but don't hold your breath on that one because the Russian transfer window doesn't close for another three weeks.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:47

From Joel in London, via text: "As a Spurs fan, I'm pretty gutted at the news of Pav's apparent departure to Moscow. He's a striker who's had to feed off scraps throughout his time at The Lane, yet still has a healthy goals to games ratio, while 'star players' like Adebayor stand offside for 90 minutes week in week out. Louis Saha is an intriguing deal and could prove a masterstroke but I'm gutted to lose the Russian. Nelsen over Samba is straight up bizarre."

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 11:17

that was not me lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 01 2012, 20:04

Lads, lets face it, the January transfer saga is a nonsense. What really good players are you going to get and what clubs will release them. Now before we get too dissapointed, lets summarize this Januarys delaings.

My first thoughts are that we have shifted some hefty wages off the bill to pave the way for a possible deal for Ade and up Modders, also shifted out some players that may or may not have put a spoke in an otherwise happy camp.

1. Pav, he was always going and to be honest a raring to go Saha for the rest of the season is prob better than a whinging Ruski that doesnt put the effort in when he does play. Saha on his day is quicker and is a handful.
    2. Charlie, whilst a capable defender is tortoise like and as Daws is back, shifting Kaboul to right back if Walker gets injured or play Livermore/Sandro there. if we bought anotehr right back, what do we do next season when we can recall Naughton?
    3. Bassong again is an average defender that makes basic mistakes and another player we dont want moping about the place.
    4. Pienaar, most people on here couldnt umnderstand why we bought him in the first place.

Now if the rumours are correct, we made a massive bid for Remy and Marin, but if the clubs dont want to sellin January, what can you do?

We have kept the main core of the side and apart from a few niggles, still have Hudd to come back this month.

Fridel,Cuducini,Gomes
    Walker, Kaboul, King, Daws, Gallas, Ekotto, Rose and I believe Kumolo is coming back
    Lennon, Kranj, Livermore, Modders, Bale, Sandro, Parker and Hudd coming back
    Ade, Defoe, Saha, VDV, Dos Santos

Still a very good squad.

My guess is that come the summer with Champs League to offer, the likes of Marin,Remy may happen and tie Ade down and up Modders greengages.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 01 2012, 20:08

djfitzo wrote:Lads, lets face it, the January transfer saga is a nonsense. What really good players are you going to get and what clubs will release them. Now before we get too dissapointed, lets summarize this Januarys delaings.

My first thoughts are that we have shifted some hefty wages off the bill to pave the way for a possible deal for Ade and up Modders, also shifted out some players that may or may not have put a spoke in an otherwise happy camp.

1. Pav, he was always going and to be honest a raring to go Saha for the rest of the season is prob better than a whinging Ruski that doesnt put the effort in when he does play. Saha on his day is quicker and is a handful.
    2. Charlie, whilst a capable defender is tortoise like and as Daws is back, shifting Kaboul to right back if Walker gets injured or play Livermore/Sandro there. if we bought anotehr right back, what do we do next season when we can recall Naughton?
    3. Bassong again is an average defender that makes basic mistakes and another player we dont want moping about the place.
    4. Pienaar, most people on here couldnt umnderstand why we bought him in the first place.

Now if the rumours are correct, we made a massive bid for Remy and Marin, but if the clubs dont want to sellin January, what can you do?

We have kept the main core of the side and apart from a few niggles, still have Hudd to come back this month.

Fridel,Cuducini,Gomes
    Walker, Kaboul, King, Daws, Gallas, Ekotto, Rose and I believe Kumolo is coming back

Still a very good squad.

My guess is that come the summer with Champs League to offer, the likes of Marin,Remy may happen and tie Ade down and up Modders greengages.

Also, next season we will have Caulker back, no good buying loads of players on long term deals and having a large but unhappy camp.
    It seems our dealings are all short term that can see us over the line and push the Mancs all the way to the end with the aim to actually have something to offer the better players in the summer.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 01 2012, 22:30

djfitzo wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Lads, lets face it, the January transfer saga is a nonsense. What really good players are you going to get and what clubs will release them. Now before we get too dissapointed, lets summarize this Januarys delaings.

Fridel,Cuducini,Gomes

Still a very good squad.

Also, next season we will have Caulker back, no good buying loads of players on long term deals and having a large but unhappy camp.
    It seems our dealings are all short term that can see us over the line and push the Mancs all the way to the end with the aim to actually have something to offer the better players in the summer.

Some good points made there DJ...
    Don't agree with the whinging Russian bit, but I recognise it's probably for the best, for both Spurs and Roman that he moves on ...

I think Levy has for sometime now decided not to spend the big money on players that are not a serious upgrade to what we've already got, then there's the uncertainty surrounding Harry's future that needs to be sorted out ....

There's plenty of anger amongst the faithful regarding our transfer dealings these past few transfer windows and I suppose Harry coming out with stuff like , "Let's make one big signing, that would send out a message" , don't really help, however, for me this window is along the lines of what I expected ...

Next summer I think our dealings will be on a different level to what we've recently seen with or without, Harry and hopefully on the back of certain Champions League qualification...

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 01 2012, 22:54

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Fridel,Cuducini,Gomes

Still a very good squad.

Some good points made there DJ...
    Don't agree with the whinging Russian bit, but I recognise it's probably for the best, for both Spurs and Roman that he moves on ...

I think Levy has for sometime now decided not to spend the big money on players that are not a serious upgrade to what we've already got, then there's the uncertainty surrounding Harry's future that needs to be sorted out ....

There's plenty of anger amongst the faithful regarding our transfer dealings these past few transfer windows and I suppose Harry coming out with stuff like , "Let's make one big signing, that would send out a message" , don't really help, however, for me this window is along the lines of what I expected ...

Next summer I think our dealings will be on a different level to what we've recently seen with or without, Harry and hopefully on the back of certain Champions League qualification...

Thats the way I see it Arnie. Who knows, prob Remy or Marins agents said they would be up for a move, but both clubs put a block on them, the same as what we did to the contracted Modric, so cant blame them, especially as its mid-season.

Pavs comment was a little tongue in cheek and judging by the transfer window, the financial restaints may finally get football back on track as there was no massive signings from anyone, even Tevez couldnt get his move.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 01 2012, 22:58

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7471691/Nelsen-clear-to-sign-for-Spurs

Umm another experienced defender for 6 months to see us over the line?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 03:08

Sad to see 'super Pav' leave aswell, great character around the place! Never seen any1 strike a ball like him!

hudd tweeted that

i doubt pav was a bad influence around the traingin ground or he would of gone long ago. i rekon he got on with everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 04:06